Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/175/125

Height: 5'3"

Question Depression Feeds

I'm curious to know if anyone in this forum became depressed as a result from living with someone else who suffered from depression. Can anyone relate?
Mouse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #2  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

My mother has depression... She raised me, and usually not with an attitude of great enthusiasm. I think her attitude of having given up was passed onto me. But then, it could well be genetics. We are very similar on a physiological level.
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

My ex-husband was severely depressed, and would never take anything to help with it, as a result I became even more depressed than him. I finally made a decision, I kicked him out, and I have been much happier since.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #4  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

My ex husband was bipolar and sociopathic. Very depressed as well. I coped through food, marijuana and sleep....I became depressed until I realized this wasn't me.

My mother was also depressed, so growing up in that home made me that way too I believe.

I still struggle, but being without him has been wonderful. I hardly speak to my mother either. And being alone (well I have a partner but we don't live together) I am realizing that I'm not a depressing person, I just "contracted" it through the people in my life and I need new tools to cope, which is why I've done counselling, meditation etc...I do get down but I'm learning how to pull out of it....it's still hard though but MUCH better!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote