Old 09-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Default Wii Fit Plus

I know that must have been posts on this in the past but I'm not having much luck with the search tool.

So. Thinking about getting wii fit plus. Was wondering if people wouldn't mind telling me if they've used it and what they liked or didn't like about it.

I like to get out and run with my dog but I'd like to have something to switch it up with now and again. I guess what I'm wondering is if what it offers can really be considered a work out?
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #2  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

The wii fit plus isn't challenging for me. I like it but I don't really consider that a workout. It's not intense enough. However, I do think the boxing is great. I can feel my heart rate rise with it. There is a game I have called EA Sports Active. I sweat with that in just 30 minutes.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I like the boxing and the free run or aerobic step. I really like some other games that I have purchased. A favorite is Walk It Out. You can find it along with reviews on Amazon.
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #4  

Good idea. I've heard a few times now that WFP isn't challenging enough. I'm definitely up for a challenge and want something that'll make me work. Maybe zumba? I guess I'll have to check some reviews on amazon.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyford View Post
Good idea. I've heard a few times now that WFP isn't challenging enough. I'm definitely up for a challenge and want something that'll make me work. Maybe zumba? I guess I'll have to check some reviews on amazon.
I have Zumba for the wii. I love it. Just Dance is also another great one. It's great cardio work out.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #6  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

I love the yoga on Wii fit plus, and some of the strength training poses are pretty difficult, but I'm more of a low impact kind of person, so it may not be challenging enough for you. I love mine though!
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #7  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Lucy! I have a Wii with board and I like the games and they are a good start but won't replace a real workout in my opinion. If you get a cheap one, go ahead because it does provide great entertainment AND gets you off the couch. But if you are looking for a serious workout, I don't think it is the right tool.
What exactly are you looking for?

Last edited by josey; 09-19-2011 at 09:15 AM.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

Wii Fit Plus isn't challenging enough to really be considered a workout, but I second an above poster EA Active kicks your butt!
SweetPeach3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

the strength training on the wii is challenging if you do a lot of reps. I used my wii a lot before I joined the gym. I just weigh myself with it now. I like the yoga too!
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214.3/200.4/150

Height: 5'9

I bought a wii and the wii fit board for my step daughter last christmas. Unfortunately she doesn't really use it so I use it mostly for weighing myself and keeping track of my weight loss (our scale isn't always reliable). Sometimes I use the games but like the others, it's not that much of a work out for me.
gnat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

It's fun, but it isn't that challenging if you're already fit. If you're just starting out though, I've heard it's pretty great for that.

I sometimes used it when I was cooped up inside in the summer and couldn't go out running (rain or whatever). It's a nice way to burn a few calories. I love the hula-hoop expert level for that.

The strength training and yoga are pretty good and are nice if you can't get to a gym to do those.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #12  

I ended up buying Wii fit plus, EA Sports Active 2 and Zumba. I LOVE EA sports active 2. I just finished my three week cardio challenge and just started the 90 day challenge yesterday. I absolutely love that game and so happy I found it on amazon for only $8. I've lost a solid 6 or 7 lbs in the time I've been using it...in addition to eating better.
I like my wii fit too. You guys are right about not being high impact though. I love the 10 minute hula for a warm up to the EA active game. I REALLY like the yoga though on days my muscles are very sore. It helps stretch them out and back to feeling good. I also really like the emphasis on balance. I never realized just how off balance I was and how weak my left leg is compared to my right leg. So, it has proven to be useful but in a different way than the EA Sports Active 2.
As for zumba, I hated it and re sold it on ebay hours after opening it. Just not for me.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #13  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I agree that Wii Fit Plus is not going to replace a good cardio workout. However, I do love Free Step and Free Run. I bought a booster aerobic step for my balance board and I do 2 30-minute sets of Free Step at a time whilst I'm watching tv or a movie. It's almost like walking up stairs for an hour. Your body definitely feels like you've gone up a lot of stairs even though it's not a huge drop-to-the-floor heart-pumping feeling. I do free run in the football drills style to tv shows. I'm not sure how many calories it burns, but it's definitely many more than sitting on the couch.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote