Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #1  

Height: 1'7.5"

Default Daily Chat/Check-in Sept 15

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiprincess View Post
Hey boomerang:
That is some really neat volunteer work you do! It is such a fulfilling experience to help others!!
I definitely know what you mean about kids. My sister has 2, we have none. We don't really plan to change that either LOL. Things are expensive already, I couldn't imagine adding more! But, it works out well for my sister.
I know what you mean about sabotage!! We share a kitchen as well. Fortunately, the in-laws are actively watching what they eat. But, there's days when they don't and they have lots of goodies. I'm still learning the word NO! LOL.

I really enjoy exercising. Specifically circuit training. Early in the summer I exerted myself too much in this area so I'm building myself up once again. Other than circuit training I ride my bike, do some strength (although the circuit training is strength with cardio) Anyhow.. I think everyone is different in what activities they like to do or not do. I'd rather exercise more and eat more than exercise less and eat less LOL.
That said, I didn't do 30DS. I did the strength with a little cardio and then spent a couple hours cleaning our patio.

I suppose I am a pretty busy person. Although, I really don't think I am LOL. But other people are always saying that I seem to be. I guess it's because I only work about 10 hours a week. The rest of the time is volunteering, church, exercising and house work/house related stuff, and then relaxing!!

Resistance training wouldn't be a bad idea to add. This will help you tone up a little bit as you lose weight.
Chat with ya later!!
Ok, lemme see if this will work out ok. My technical abilities are well, close to zero. If I've done it right, Princess, your last post should a appear as a quote. If not...
I had to smile when you said that you don't think you are that busy. Housework ALONE qualifies as a full time job, even if you do not do anything else! Your exercise regimen is also quite impressive! I am thinking I may wait to feel a little more seasoned with all the changes I am attempting to implement and then I may contact a friend who is a trainer and see what I might be able to do at home in re. to strength training. I'm not a gym person and I know not to try again. Maybe next spring I'll look into that.
I understand about kids; we took the same route. Having your sister's can bring such potential joy but at the end of the day that may just be enough. Whatever you decide is totally legit.
Yesterday I did none of the things I had planned . My favorite part about being retired: no one expects anything to be done on schedule
Today I'll spend some time at the hospital, where my mom will be undergoing cataract surgery.
Boy, you live with in-laws? WOW; I can't imagine that! My parents, that's different because I can address anything, even if it has to be repeatedly, but to have to be diplomatic with others with whom I don't have a life-long relationship, wow, kudos to you!
My new goal, in addition to not bingeing, is to refrain from weighing myself. Failed this AM with the excuse that I wanted to make sure that although theoretically it would have been impossible for me to gain with my new way of eating, I wanted to confirm it. Did not gain so I'm good.
Have a great one, everyone!
boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

You did an awesome job, no technical issues!!
The one benefit of living with more than just hubby now is that I don't have to do ALL the housework! HA!! But, there's still enough to keep one busy LOL. I hate that it always comes back! You get the dishes clean, and then they get dirty again... UGH! It's a horrible cycle!! Laundry bothers me more, especially since the hubby is a mechanic! Talk about dirty clothes!
I do love your motto of retirement, don't expect things to get done on schedule!!

I hope everything goes well with your mom's surgery. That is never any fun!!
Living with in-laws is better than I thought it would be LOL. We have a pretty good relationship and we respect each other. If there is a big issue I talk to hubby and have him discuss it with them, either in front of me or not. But he does know how to talk to them better than I do! But, we have a pretty good flow going and they're pretty busy people. MIL just left for work and FIL is out volunteering until the afternoon. I have work this morning, I work from home. Hubby is already gone for work. I'm the one that gets to bum around in pj's and work today !!

It's nice to hear someone who understands why we don't want kids at this point! So many people are asking when we're gonna have kids and if we want them.. and then why not?? "We just don't right now, OKAY???" I LOVE having my sister's kiddos. I call them my babies. We get to go visit them this weekend, they live about 3 hours away. I'm quite excited and then I'll have my baby-fill!!

I have a hard time not weighing myself everyday. There are some people though that do it everyday, to keep them on track. But, if you start to obsess about it, then it needs to stop. I weigh about twice a week now. Usually around Monday or Wednesday then the official day is Friday.
You have the right idea with not adding too much to your plate at once. We can only take so much change at once. Binging is very difficult to overcome, whether it's something small or huge binges. I don't necessarily binge, but I just have trouble saying no when I've eaten all my calories for the day.

I'll talk to you, and anyone else who wants to join, later. I've got one more online class to teach and then I'll be done with work until tonight. In between I have some more shopping and errands to run. Then some exercise in there, planning 30DS and dancing. I'm in a mood to dance lately!
Later chickies!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #3  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I hope you have room for another one. I've found CC to be the best way for me to lose weight and something I can continue to do as a lifestyle. I didn't realize there was a section down here for me!

I'm Lisa and fairly new around here. Tomorrow will be the end of week 1 and looking forward to recording my first progress. Peeked at the scale a couple times this week and expecting good results tomorrow.

Hubby and I lived with his parents for a few months. I think it would have been ok, but our son was a year old and 4 adults and a toddler living in a 900 square foot house wasn't such a good idea. Of course, they finished building their beautiful farm house after we moved out. lol

Thanks for letting me butt in. Hope to get to know you all more.

Lisa
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #4  

Hi Lisa, how wonderful that you've joined us. I'm sort of kind of new too (or new again) but the people here make you feel like you could never be anything but part of the group
Seems you've started your journey successfully and the fact that you've found a way to get to your desired goal in a way you can live with, puts you way ahead of the game.
You and Princess must just, simply, be way more tolerant than I, to live with parents in law. Let's just say that for me, it worked out quite well to live several states away . Now they are gone, unfortunately and they were quite lovely but probably way lovelier due to the distance. K, that's all I'm saying on THAT subject
Princess, thank you for your good wishes. We came back recently and all seems fine for now. In a couple of weeks she will have the other one done. How did all your plans for the day work out? I love the option of working in my PJs , as for exercise, between the little ones in your sister's family and Lisa's son, I'll bet you get some BONUS exercise. As for choices, I believe it is a completely personal and private decision.
Princess, I know what you mean about the laundry, though I cannot imagine what it's like to have to do a mechanic's uniforms. You must know some pretty nifty tricks. I've been HIDING DH's "good" t-shirts . He seems to stain them every time he wears them and I've absolutely no clue how to get out some of the permanent ones, except for the run of the mill stain removers. As for house cleaning, I do it all, except for my parents' section of the house. I have...hmmm idiosyncracies . Don't I sound like a WAY easy person to live with?
So glad you have no problems with binges. I am hoping that now that I've FINALLY put all the pieces together, I will also overcome the habit.
Well, it is starting to rain and my little chew monster (bunny) will start to play and run around just as soon as I say "time to go home" so let's see how long it'll take me to get him in....
Have a good rest of the day everyone and meet you in tomorrow's thread
Old 09-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #5  

Lisa: to the forum and this group!! It was nice to hear a little bit about you. It is always very exciting to make some progress! I can't wait to hear your results (if you want to share!!)
A 900square foot is a tad small for my taste LOL. We have a 1200sq. ft house and we finished the basement, so we probably added an additional 500sq. ft of living area. We all have "our" areas. My area is the kitchen and the basement. Hubby has the garage and basement. His mom has her office and his dad has a SMALL sharing in the kitchen and a very small office area. I think the private space is one of the keys to our happiness here!!

Boomerang, I agree about having kids being a private thing. Most of our family understands and generally leaves it be for now. LOL. Now, my hubby's sister and bro-in-law live a few states away, and that makes me happy! They're a little nutty (to put it kindly)
I also hide hubby's good shirts!! For the same reason. Now he has a separate dresser for his work-on-car clothes and his going-out clothes. He's careful not to mix the two now.. that was fun to break! The great duo for cleaning dress shirt collars is Oxy-clean and Shout. It gets out the greasy neck and sleeves every time!! Also, buying darker colored shirts, pants and shorts oh and towels!! HA!!

Things went pretty well today. I was able to get my exercise in. I wanted to dance more, but right now I'm feeling quite gasey, so I'm laying on my stomach getting out what I can before my last class of the day! After I may dance if my tummy feels any better. Got most of the grocery shopping done. I still have a few things to get before we head up to see my sister.

See you guys tomorrow. There is a possibility that I don't get in there until late tomorrow since it will be a hectic, travel filled day. So see you when I see you chickies!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #6  

Princess, sweetie, what's with the tummy? Is this typical or is it a temporary thing? I can't even imagine wanting to watch tv on a gassy stomach, let alone dance! Hope it passed and you are comfortable, whether in your leotards or not.
Thank you for the valuable info about laundry drama. The collars aren't even what drives me nuts but these mystery stains that look like oil or something, on t-shirts. The nice thing is that I get to steal all the nice t-shirts because, after all, I don't destroy them . Seems reasonable to me!
Sent you a quick PM about things that I didn't want to bore the daylights out of our buddies discussing in the daily.
G'night everyone. Tomorrow I may make a pit stop by here, since I've an md appt. and a bunch of errands that I've been putting off.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #7  

It was a temporary thing, which is good. I don't even know what made me gassy. The only thing I can think is that I had a big bowl of tomatoes and then had a glass of vegetable juice soon after. It may have been too much, but I'm not too sure. Either way, laying on my stomach did the charm Just not for anyone close by! HA!!
I did get the PM's. I will respond soon You're very good at being discreet! LOL.

With the stains I typically spray with shout and then dust with Oxyclean. It's taken out grease, oil and even wine stains.
G'nite!