Old 09-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/196/127

Height: 5'1

Default Aspartame's Danger: Internet Hoax?

It seems like there are undeniable proofs that aspartame is safe. Apparently, the safety of aspartame has been affirmed by the FDA 26 times already. Are people suggesting that history is repeating itself, and the government is deliberately killing their own people for an experiment?

Apparently, this 'hoax' (if it is one, that is) was started around 1998 from an email written by Nancy Markle.

Here are more articles for your enjoyment:
http://www.aspartame.net/rumors/Aspa...e_Internet.asp
http://www.acsh.org/healthissues/new...sue_detail.asp

If you can argue otherwise, please post a link to an official study and not internet articles from a journalist (don't give me a link to a Youtube video of 'professionals' talking about aspartame's danger because more likely than not, they may be conspiracy theorists themselves using the internet as their source).

I want real studies!!
misski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #2  

Seems like no one has found proof that aspartame is dangerous? I guess I'll buy coke zero the next time I go to the grocery store.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 129/129/113

Height: 5'2"

Watch the documentary "Sweet Misery". I have made the decision to NOT consume aspartame. My thought is why would I take the chance when I can just eat something without aspartame in it.
jennylauren19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #4  
Chasing 140!

S/C/G: 190/160/140

Height: 5feet 3inches

The FDA denied it 8times in 1973. You can read the report by neuro scientist Dr. John Olney and researcher Ann Reynolds. Here are some journal articles.

Gold, " Formaldehyde Poisoning from Aspartame"

Murray, "How Aspartame Became Legal-The Timeline. Quantumbalanceing.com

"Department of Health and Human Services-Symptoms Attributed to Aspartame in Complaints Submitted to the FDA," US Department of Health and Human Services, presidiotex.com

Happy Reading : )
dust2bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

You can also just rely on your common sense. Since you are so worried, your intuition is telling you that it is not healthy. Listen to yourself.
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #6  

I do agree - go with what you're comfortable with doing. Aspartame doesn't bother me, and I don't consume it at the levels they used for the studies, so I don't worry about me..but if I were really concerned about it, I'd make it a personal choice to avoid it. Good luck with your decision!
LoveChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #7  
banned

My parents have been drinking diet soda for a long time, and my mom has fibromalgia and my dad has restless leg syndrome. My dad pretty much quit drinking sodas, although he will have some every now and then, and he told me the severity of his restless legs have improved. I don't know how much, or if it's even connected with soda consumption, but I found this interesting.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

This isn't a study but an interesting timeline of the approval/use. Donald Rumsfeld was the CEO of Searle which was eventually inquired by by Monsanto and now is part of Pfizer.

http://www.rense.com/general33/legal.htm
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylauren19 View Post
Watch the documentary "Sweet Misery". I have made the decision to NOT consume aspartame. My thought is why would I take the chance when I can just eat something without aspartame in it.
There are documentaries and books about alien abduction... Does that mean that because a group of people were able to make a movie and write a book about a subject, they're more credible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust2bunny View Post
The FDA denied it 8times in 1973. You can read the report by neuro scientist Dr. John Olney and researcher Ann Reynolds. Here are some journal articles.

Gold, " Formaldehyde Poisoning from Aspartame"

Murray, "How Aspartame Became Legal-The Timeline. Quantumbalanceing.com

"Department of Health and Human Services-Symptoms Attributed to Aspartame in Complaints Submitted to the FDA," US Department of Health and Human Services, presidiotex.com

Happy Reading : )
But there seems to be an implication that there's a government conspiracy going on. FDA has approved aspartame 26 times. Snope.com. Someone HAS to be correct, right?

Also, here's an interesting article.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 129/129/113

Height: 5'2"

Wow, seems like you're being unnecessarily defensive. The documentary goes through the history of the FDA approval process for aspartame and basically outlines everything that everyone has said so far in this thread.

You're an adult, do your own research, and just make your own decision then. It clearly seems like you want to consume it. . .so do just that.
jennylauren19 is offline   Reply With Quote