Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #1  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday Sept.13

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #2  
Maile

Since I seem to be the first one up, I thought I would open the post, even though I am technically deprived.
Thanks for all the of the support in my celebration yesterday. It is wonderful to have people to share with..who also understand the journey we are all on.

Well.I am sleepy. I poured my omelette into my shaker and rushed around doing things. I came back and started to pour it into my pan and discovered it was pudding. Pudding omelette?

Off to exercise. Have a great day everyone.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I had a nice surprise when I woke up this morning because the scale was finally in a new decade! I guess I shouldn't say finally since I just entered the last decade on the 18th of August. I get in too big of a hurry! I was just saying last night how I was teetering a pound to 2 pounds above it for the past few days so it was nice to finally see it. Now to keep it there or lower yet for weigh in Thursday!

Good luck to Tuesday weighers!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #4  
Maile

Congratulations on reaching a new decade! I get in too big of a hurry also..I hope it stays there for your WI on Thursday. I am trying to keep mine off for the Wed WI. Have a great day.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Since I seem to be the first one up, I thought I would open the post, even though I am technically deprived.
Thanks for all the of the support in my celebration yesterday. It is wonderful to have people to share with..who also understand the journey we are all on.

Well.I am sleepy. I poured my omelette into my shaker and rushed around doing things. I came back and started to pour it into my pan and discovered it was pudding. Pudding omelette?

Off to exercise. Have a great day everyone.
I did the same thing! Only I was making a capachinno and ended up with the omelette!! I wish all the envelopes were diff. colors! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning! I had a nice surprise when I woke up this morning because the scale was finally in a new decade! I guess I shouldn't say finally since I just entered the last decade on the 18th of August. I get in too big of a hurry! I was just saying last night how I was teetering a pound to 2 pounds above it for the past few days so it was nice to finally see it. Now to keep it there or lower yet for weigh in Thursday!

I am so happy for the new "decade". I am entering the new decade too and hope I will see it at weigh in tomorrow morning. I like watching your progress because you and I are in the same week on the program and are similar. I am starting to get more "looking good" comments, but I don't want those to slow me down and think I am done!

It is slowly going down, right now I see one pound lost this week. I wish it would go faster, sigh. My mom always said If wishes were horses.... I never knew what that expression meant! LOL

Last edited by sandyh50; 09-13-2011 at 08:49 AM.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post

Congrats! Each new decade is a golden milestone!
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #7  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

They say once a cheater, always a cheater It is kind of true in my case I cheated once and now I am doing it every now and then and I always regret it afterwards.

I just started using alternative products since I found it so expensive to continue to buy the real IP products.

I just posted this in the alternative thread, but I will post it in here as well:

I discovered a great alternative which is very affordable, I bought it from Walmart for about $22, it has 600g and a serving is 32g, so we get about 19 serving out of one box. It is called Weider 90% Protein and one serving gives 120 calories, 25g of protein, 1g of fat, 2g of carb.

I also bought pure protein bars and slim down bars but I am trying not to have any restricted now in order to lose what I gained from my cheat.

I ordered from proteinwell.ca and never heard from them, there is no phone number to call them and they did not answer both of my e-mails yet.

I also ordered from Nashua Nutrition but since I am in Canada and they are in the US, that might take 2 to 3 weeks.

Anyone in here have ordered from Proteinwell.ca? and if so, please tell me about your experience as I find it very weird for them not to have a phone number for us to call!
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the new decade Itsabouttime! Can't wait to hit the next one myself. Once I hit the 160s I'll really start fitting into size 10s, which I haven't seen in about 10 years!

My order from Nashua Nutrition is taking over a week and I'm in the U.S. I guess you really need to plan in advance if you're doing alternatives.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #9  

I'm having inner struggles because I want to start running again. I really have no time for it but even if I just did 3 days a week I think I could get back into it. I don't want to add another packet or anything (maybe a hard boiled egg would do). I also don't want my losses to stall or get lower. I wanted to do this at week 3 and couldn't talk myself into it but I'm starting week 13 on Thursday so is now an ok time? I would love to run another 5k in the end of October but if it means not losing like I am, it's not that big of a deal. Give me your honest opinions and experience please!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #10  
ND girl

Doing boot camp for the next 2 weeks after being on vacation for 5 days. Didn't go overboard but want to get back in the IP groove. Stopped by here to get motivated and read all the great work everyone has done.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

This is day 7 for me and the first day I don't feel hungry. My coach recommended this site for support. I think it's great you all share your ups and downs. I'm looking forward to my weight loss on IP. The food actually tastes good! A big plus. I go to WI tomorrow, I don't know if I've lost or not, but my husband can see it he says. My ultimate goal is 120 lbs to lose, but I will take it 10lbs at a time. Have a great day everyone
alexandallismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
This is day 7 for me and the first day I don't feel hungry. My coach recommended this site for support. I think it's great you all share your ups and downs. I'm looking forward to my weight loss on IP. The food actually tastes good! A big plus. I go to WI tomorrow, I don't know if I've lost or not, but my husband can see it he says. My ultimate goal is 120 lbs to lose, but I will take it 10lbs at a time. Have a great day everyone

You've come to the right place! Best of luck on your WI today and for your entire journey!!
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!! Today is day 7 for me, and I'm still feeling great! According to my at home scale I'm down 6lbs which is so exciting! My official WI is tomorrow, so I can't wait to see what the 'official' number is and what my fat loss is :-) Plus then I can make my ticker move if I can figure out how!

Itsabouttime - how much are you thinking about running? I've been considering starting again too, but I'm worried about it affecting my losses. I have taken several walks though (at least a mile) and it feels really good to get outside. I did notice however that the one morning this week my weight went up I had taken a long walk pushing the kids in the stroller (which is 100+lbs of extra weight). It could have just been a normal fluctuation but I thought it was interesting. I used to run/walk a 5k every Tuesday and I have to say I kind of miss it!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good Morning!! Today is day 7 for me, and I'm still feeling great! According to my at home scale I'm down 6lbs which is so exciting! My official WI is tomorrow, so I can't wait to see what the 'official' number is and what my fat loss is :-) Plus then I can make my ticker move if I can figure out how!

Itsabouttime - how much are you thinking about running? I've been considering starting again too, but I'm worried about it affecting my losses. I have taken several walks though (at least a mile) and it feels really good to get outside. I did notice however that the one morning this week my weight went up I had taken a long walk pushing the kids in the stroller (which is 100+lbs of extra weight). It could have just been a normal fluctuation but I thought it was interesting. I used to run/walk a 5k every Tuesday and I have to say I kind of miss it!
Well, it's been a while since I've run so I would start slow. I will probably do a beginner 5k program again. I hate to do it that way but it's not like riding a bike for me, I can't just start where I left off. I have to completely restart every time I give it up for any amount of time.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Congrats NavyMommy! We started at the same time! I'll cross my fingers fOr you for your WI tomorrow! Sounds like your off to a great start!
alexandallismom is offline   Reply With Quote