hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly chat Sept 12th-18th

I weighed yesterday and I don't want to talk about it
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Called the doctor for an appointment for my blood test,but of course he's on vacation so I was told to call his stand in,if I should continue with Flosomax for my osteoporosis.As I saw a law suit on TV that the drug causes fractures in the legs and arms. I talked with my pharmacist and he told me now they company is saying not to use the drug more that 5 years.The replacement office told me not to take it until my doctor comes back in 1 1/2 weeks. When he comes back I'm going to ask him to set me up with a bone density test. I also need a colostomy test.

Have to go to the bank for condo business and than I heading over to Leo's grave. So I have a busy schedule today. Tomorrow I start my first walking tour with the Club, we meat at 9 at the center and & come home after 10 AM. Alice didn't want to join me this time but I already know the woman so I 'm not going to feel lost in the group. I'm going to ware my braces just in case I need them as it going to be a long walking/hike thingy.

JOJO-Thanks for the pages,as sorry about your W-I Here's to next week.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #3  
focused and aiming

I weighed this morning, too, and don't want to talk about it. Thank goodness OA is tonight. I have taco soup for lunch. I'm at high school agriculture classes, so I just have a sec here. Ya'll have a good day.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

My usual slow start Monday..I am getting motivated finally at 6:30.

I weigh everyday & never want to talk about it

Last edited by nancy237; 09-12-2011 at 06:24 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Nancy.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

OK, let's agree that this week we won't talk about IT.

I can't seem to get control back after the Labor Day feasts. Oh well, it will come.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #7  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

By gum it was windy yesterday. When you looked through the window it seemed such a lovely bright day, then you noticed the birds flying backwards and the trees nearly bent double.
I don't know how you all coped with the heat this summer. I can think of nothing worse than a heatwave. I start whinging if one lasts for a week here.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Sanity is starting to creep into my brain again. I need to get control.

Jojo....hope you don't fly away.

Sandra, it seems like you are working a lot?

Rhonda, how's your knee?

Mary Ann, are you better from your fall?

I got on the scale again and it's still where it was. That means I've put on the brakes, now I need to get started again in the right direction.

Doctors appointment today for Jim. Just routine; then some errands.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #9  

I need a morning routine that gets me moving early..
My body tendency is to wake about 9 and take til noon to get motivated.
Once I get going I get lots done usually.

I need to walk , run errands, or do something every morning to get me in motion. Need ideas from all you smart chicks. Remember I am brain dead til my second cup of coffee ...

I have started a night routine I like of getting in the hottub about 9ish with a glass of wine & then getting in bed to read. Melatonin seems to be helping the sleep problems.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Walked with my walking group this morning and I did well 1.4 miles until my hip gave way and I had to sit for a while,our director is such as sweet guy he stayed with me until I was able to walk again, but I was so slow that the others were on where way back from the marsh. I walked back with them and I was winded. I guess I"m not a good walker anymore now that my knee and back [neck area & lumbar section] aren't working properly. Not going to quit as I'm determined to walk with the rest of the group by some of our 6 week program. Hope I'm better by next weeks walk.

Sorry Ladies,for all your weight loss woos, ever since my tummy-ache several weeks ago don't feel like eating. Like today I set up a dinner plan of Ham steak with mashed potatoes and veggies, and than when I got home from walking I had the 1/2 ham steak and 1/2c of potato salad on a bed of lettuce. Tonight I will eat lite again.

VICKIE-I still have twinges in my back,but its getting better,I walked today with my group wearing my back & knee braces.

NANCY-I'm the wrong person to advice you about morning,as I'm not a morning person, either is my friend Rita. I'm up and ready to go,but I like to sit on the computer until 10 AM and than I go out doors to get my walking,shopping and other activities done before I come home and have my main meal. In the afternoons if I don't go out with my friends I do some house work each day and than by 3 I start watching my TV program.

Have to go and get some chores done

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 09-13-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nancy, Jim has trouble sleeping too. It's a viscious cycle of staying up late and sleeping late. That's me. I read that one should not use the computer or anything backlit several hours before bedtime. When I was doing old Core, I had a little recipe that helped me sleep AND gave me my second milk for the day. I'd warm 8 oz of skim milk in the microwave and add about a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and a bit of splenda to taste. It helped a lot, was comforting, not fattening, and good for my old bones!

I'll let you know if I think of others.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I do either Vickie's warm milk routine, or wine in the hot tub, or melatonin. I don't know about wine AND melatonin, but if it's only a bit of each it's probably OK. I'd be drowsy in the morning if I used both at the same time I think.

I've read the stuff about no computers before bed, but I do read in bed. I don't fall asleep easily either.

Nancy, does it really matter if you prefer to take your time waking up?
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #13  

Thanks for the ideas...I am having a sleep over at my cousins tonight...

I don't like days where I sleep late and just get moving at noon..It just makes me feel behind before I get started..
Also I need to get a good sleep schedule going before I go back to work..

I never thought about melatonin & wine being a problem because I though melatonin was so natural..I need to read up on that..
Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm doing eye tests today, getting the mailbox repaired, and fighting with Sears. Sound fun? Come join me!

We met with the landscaper yesterday. He says taking care of our backyard filling in behind the pool will be no problem and not off the map expensive. I was happy to hear that. He's going to also pull out a couple of old ugly bushes in front and replace them with something else and relocate the stones that were under the pool to the front of the house. Should be nice and give us a little better curb appeal.

Gotta run.

Love and hugs to you all!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a bad night so again so slept until 9AM. Going to take it easy today,but I will go down to the beach and get some walking done as I have to get my speed up for the walking group.I felt bad to have left them so far behind and had to have the director walk with me alone and not them.

Will be back later have a great morning.