General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Default Kidney Stone??

So I've had a very uncomfortable, dull aching pain in my right back side for days now. Every so often I'll get an excruciating sharp pain that travels from my kidney area down my back, but it only lasts a second and is gone. It didn't hurt when I pee at all and I was going regularly. Yesterday I felt like it was hurting not only in my kidney area, but also lower. Then suddenly today I can't pee without pushing really hard. My urine is dark, almost brown, but it doesn't really hurt to pee. In fact, I have no urge to urinate at all. I don't think I'm running a fever, though I am just starting to get chills.

I haven't been sexually active since May, and that was with my husband. (we're separated now) I do work in a factory where I sweat a lot and hadn't been drinking much water, so I know I was dehydrated almost constantly AND I drank a lot of soda for a few weeks.

I'm currently drinking as much water as I can. The pain feels slightly lower in my back and now I can feel a little bit of a sharp pain off to the right of my bladder. I know you guys aren't doctors or anything, but just from your experiences, does this sound like a urinary tract infection or a kidney stone? I have NO urge to urinate. None, and I've barely eeked out about a cup of urine since 8pm last night. I've been drinking water too. Also, last year I had an ultrasound of my right kidney (the one that's hurting) and they did see a few stones in there, but they said they were in a place that didn't look like they would cause any problems.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 09-10-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Bless your heart! My hubby had stones. The doctor said the excruciating pain came when the stone blocked the tube to the bladder. If he drank enough water, it seemed to float the stone out of the tube and the pain would stop a bit. The doctor also said that September is "kidney stone season" in the South, because people have been dehydrated all summer.

Azo Standard makes a strip to test whether you have an infection or not. If you can't get to a doctor soon, that might be a good place to start.

I hope you feel better soon. BTW, I LOVE the Jivin' Bunny!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

It's really hard to tell without a urinalysis. Could be either.
Sounds like a visit to the doctor is in order.
Best wishes
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:35 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

A little late reading this, but, if you still feel the same way and you are not going, get to the dr. ASAP! If you have a stone blocking your urethra that is not good.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I've been drinking TONS of water, around 100 ounces since my last post, I have been urinating. It's not brown anymore, but there are a couple of little red "flakes" in it. I hope I'll be ok until Monday. I really don't want to have to hit the ER. As long as I keep drinking water my back doesn't hurt. If I stop for too long, that ache starts to come back, although it has moved very slightly lower on my back. I no longer feel bad either. Earlier, before I really started hitting the water hard, I felt sick. Nauseous, kind of woozy. I feel better now. Come to think of it, I have hardly had any kind of appetite for the past several days and have actually lost 3lbs in the past 4 days. ****. Maybe tomorrow I'll find an Urgent Care. UGH
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Kidney stones can be extremely painful...I ended up in the ER years back from one.My urine was tea colored,which my mother said was old blood and most likely from the kidney.Once I passed the stone,it had some red streaks of blood,but the urine was otherwise clear.

Keep up with the water and make sure you keeping going to the bathroom.I'd definately make an appt. with your Dr.,but if the pain gets worse,or you stop using the bathroom,get in to Urgent Care or the ER immediately.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 168lbs/GW 125lbs CW164(9/9)

Height: 5'5"

Oh OUCH! if you can, Id totally recommend going in and getting checked. Lots cheaper, safer, easier and less painful to take the pee test and find out for sure then to land in the ER, w/a very spend emergency surgery bill!! Ive done that route twice (didnt figure it out the first time, bozo me) and both times ended up w/stones about 7mm each. it can be dangerous, because you can get very ill if they get stuck. If you do find out you have em, you might try talking to your DR about having them tested to find out what type they are. Then theres diet changes you can make to avoid them. I sure hope you go in and get all checked out! Take the time, youre quite worth it.
tiffela74 is offline   Reply With Quote