Old 09-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #1  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Default NSV: I have nothing to wear!!

A little backstory: Back in January I began my final semester of grad school and thus had to student teach. Therefore I also needed an entire business casual wardrobe. At that point I had lost 8 pounds to get to 192, but I went back to old habits and just stayed at that weight. I was a 14/16 so I headed off to Dots to get clothes in their awesome plus-size section and occasionally from their regular size section.

They were having a sale at the time, buy 2 get one free on the clearance. I bought a few things that were a little too tight because I simply needed stuff to get the free clothes But otherwise I had A LOT of clothes that fit wonderfully.

Well in May I restarted my journey (or rather just wanted to change how I ate, weight loss happened to happen). I got hired to teach special education in a school and the school year started this Wednesday.

I had picked up a few things at Mandee's a few weeks ago that I was able to wear (size mediums!!), but I needed something new today. I reached into my old wardrobe and decided to grab the things that were too tight before. They should fit now, right? WRONG! They were falling off me! I spent way too much time this morning just trying to find something that wouldn't look ridiculous! Luckily I found a shawl thing from Torrid that would still work, but I need to rebuy a WHOLE NEW WARDROBE. I have a few things I can still get away with, but I DO need a bunch of new things.. I just don't want to start buying a bunch of things yet because while I'm close to my goal size I'm not quite there yet.

This is exciting, yet annoying at the same time. The only pair of pants I have are from the suit I got cheap a month ago (and now these are getting a bit too big). So I'm thrilled right now, yet lamenting that I have to buy new clothes

I really want to see if anyone wants these old clothes though. I know how expensive a business wardrobe can be and I would hate to just throw them out. So many of my friends are still in college so it might help them...
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #2  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

That's a great NSV even though it really is frustrating when you don't have much to wear! Definitely see if any of your friends can use the clothes, I'm sure they'll really appreciate that. If I were you, I'd check out consignment shops/thrift stores/ebay for the meantime before you hit your goal weight. Can you also save up a bit of money for the time when you do hit your goal weight and you'll need to buy a nice wardrobe?

I'm about to that stage right now. I'm currently in my smallest pair of pants in my closest so once I shrink out of them I'm done! I have bought a couple of dress along the way so they will help me get through. I even picked up this really cool dress at a consignment shop that is double breasted so if I lose another 2 - 3 inches everywhere I can just change the buttons over to the second buttong and still wear it!

However, I'll need to find pretty much a new wardrobe in another 10-15lbs, I figure. I have one suit left that I'm trying to wear as much as possible before I shrink out of it!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #3  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Awesome! That's such a great feeling! I had to buy all new summer clothes this year and am super excited to buy cold-weather clothes in another month or so! I'm hoping to be at goal soon, so I won't be walking in baggy pants in the middle of winter. Haha
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

runningfromfat - Money isn't really the issue, I have enough saved up from student teaching (I kind of freaked out about not having a paying job and saved up way more than I needed) that I can buy a few more things...I just don't want to buy a whole lot and then it'll be too big at some point. Also the unfortunate part of my new job is that I get paid monthly. I won't see a paycheck until October! Ouch!

There aren't too many thrift stores around me and the ones that are around don't offer great deals. I usually find cheaper clothes at the clearance racks, so maybe I'll check there.

I think I can get away with some of my size 0 Torrid shirts a little longer, since I have a large bust. However I don't have too many of those since I shot past size 12 fairly quickly.

OhThePlaces - Haha thanks! Hopefully I hit that goal soon so I can splurge and stop wearing baggy clothes too! Good luck with getting to your goal!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #5  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

I've been having this problem too! And I feel like I just got a bunch of new clothes (grumble grumble... I know I shouldn't complain about this!) School just started and I realized I had no pants that aren't jeans that I can wear to school! Luckily, I'm back to subbing this year, so no one's really going to know if I wear the same few outfits over and over . I am pretty excellent at thrift store shopping... I should actually go today, now that I'm thinking of it .

I did clean out my closet last week and got rid of 6 huge bags of clothes- it all worked out though because my sister just had a baby and a lot of the stuff I was getting rid of fits her now. I also LOVE getting rid of stuff, so it all felt very cathartic. Out with the old, in with the new!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #6  
Go Hard!

S/C/G: 227.4/132/127.4

Height: 5'0"

I know how you feel. I don't have any money right now to shop and though I have "enough" clothes right now as I did do some shopping over the summer, a lot of my work pants are big on me, even in the smaller sizes. I am also going to have to start looking for winter coats as I have a total of 0! I got through last winter wearing the coats I had even though they became pretty huge on me by early spring, but at this point, they would be tents and there is no point in spending money on getting them altered as they would have to take off way too many inches.

I think I will stop at Goodwill one of these days and see if they have anything (never been there before but there are a couple near my house).
SC Vitamin C is offline   Reply With Quote