South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #1  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

Default intro: started 9-6-2011 first day of school

hi everyone. i just started the SBD this past tuesday... so here i am feeling like its been a week and im only finishing up with day 2. ive done weight watchers in the past but ive found i obsess about the food -- how many points ... years ago... maybe 16 + i did the atkins - high protein and as i remember... it went very well. 4 kids later and the life of a military wife with up teen moves - stress and Im overweight. i exercise and when I do and really work out hard.. but i like the finer things in life... like wine... margaritas... frosting... chocolate chip cookies ohh... and coffee. so i need balance... i need to clean out my body of all this sugar cravings and well actually its 7 PM EST and I'm missing my glass of wine. I do have a headache too woke up with it. seems like Im liking the cheese and i hope that's ok... cottage cheese to be exact... I hope having it for breakfast is ok. Also warmed up some chicken broth at lunch and it was so good!! I hope to stay on Phase 1 for 3 weeks... and then hit phase 2. I need to weigh myself... i should have but didnt want to yesterday... we have a ball on the 22nd of OCT. I would like to be down 15 pounds by then -- so I guess that would be my mini goal... and then a total of 30 pounds by christmas... I hope im not reaching too far..... Anyone like spin classes? thanks for letting me introduce myself... hope to support and get to know you all in the coming months! cheers~ Desiree
Desiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Desiree and

I haven't been brave enough to try a spin class but I have a recumbent bike for winter and love riding outside during the Summer months.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

I'm on Phase 1 right now, and it gets easier every day, if you can just stay strong those first few hard days!

Welcome!
southmplsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome I like cycling class but have not been in ages. It's a great workout. I did cottage cheese for breakfast some in PH1; not much of an egg fan. Now I eat beans for breakfast.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #5  
Start IP 4/8/2013

ok-- so im trying to figure out how to even reply so i hope this is right..

thanks for the welcomes.. congrats on all of your success also.

my husband is doing this too... but he is a pain in the butt.. he just came in and said i wonder what i should bring for lunch??? look at the book... he is so skinny anyhow... but really - the cupboard is stocked... go forth and concur!

BEANS for Breakfast? hum... as a mom to 4 boys.... i have to ask... DO THEY MAKE YOU FART? What kind and are you satisfied... cold or cooked?

have a good night all- i just had a sugar free popsicle..

hope the headache goes away ~
Old 09-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Desiree! Hang in there, it does get a lot easier. Cottage cheese is fine for breakfast; in fact you can eat anything you want at any time, as long as it's Phase 1 compliant. Just be sure to get your 4 1/2 cups of veggies in every day, and including beans and dairy will help you feel satisfied and happy, too. The beans can be eaten hot or cold, and they're especially delicious heated and topped with a little salsa and melted cheese on top. And, yes, they probably will cause some gas, but Beano helps.

Good luck!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-08-2011 at 06:34 AM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiroo View Post
ok-- so im trying to figure out how to even reply so i hope this is right..

thanks for the welcomes.. congrats on all of your success also.

my husband is doing this too... but he is a pain in the butt.. he just came in and said i wonder what i should bring for lunch??? look at the book... he is so skinny anyhow... but really - the cupboard is stocked... go forth and concur!

BEANS for Breakfast? hum... as a mom to 4 boys.... i have to ask... DO THEY MAKE YOU FART? What kind and are you satisfied... cold or cooked?

have a good night all- i just had a sugar free popsicle..

hope the headache goes away ~
Oh that made me laugh! No, they don't. Maybe because I'm used to them? Now some veggies and fruits... look out! Lucky you that your husband is on plan because at least he won't be bringing crap into the house like mine does.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I don't have as much issue with beans as I do cabbage, and my husband and raw broccoli.

I find it really does get easier and easier. I'm not 100% perfect as is just because sometimes I don't think things through and plan enough. I'm flippin' busy at the moment so sometimes it's grab what's handy or else I can't eat until I get home from class at 9:30pm.

Be sure to check out the allowed foods thread in this forum as well as the recipes section. Kalyn's Kitchen (blog) also has tons of great recipes for all meals but I especially love the breakfast casseroles which are a lifesaver.

It's a good, healthy way of eating that your whole family can follow. Though probably add in whole wheat grains and fruit for the rest of the family that doesn't need to lose weight.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #9  
Start IP 4/8/2013

Thanks for all the tips... Wish this was like FACEBOOK where you can "Like" a comment.
I made it thru day 3!!!! Crazy busy day... Wasted stuck in traffic.. Here in the Northern VA area... Had breakfast... Brought a cheesestick to snack on at 10:30 and then the floods came... Literally didn't make it back until 5pm... Starving ... I scarfed down some cottage cheese v8 juice... Printed forms and ran out the door for boy scout meeting... Came home made boys dinner... Then I cooked some chicken and made the most awesome salad with grilled chicken.. Lemon juice olive oil ... Water (really was craving a glass of wine) and for dessert -sugar free Popsicle ... What a day... Night PS: no headache - YAy. Ttfn-d
Old 09-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #10  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Desiroo! During phase 1 I checked in on 3FC like 10 times a day. The obsessiveness was just part of it for me. Planning and reading and all that - it helped me get through!
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote