Old 09-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #1  

Default Lost, gained back. and not where I started?!?!

The first week of Atkins (despite Aunt Flo), I lost 5 lbs. Yay Then I started gaining it back slowly. Now I am back to my Attkins starting weight. My belly isn't bloated anymore. My wedding ring feels looser. My ankles dosn't look fat anymore.

Is that enought? Am I doing somthing wrong. Am I expecting to much??
anna78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

It may just be temporary so don't worry too much yet. If you are using any of the shakes, bars, etc.. they could be the problem. They do stall a lot of people. Otherwise it is hard to say without knowing what you are eating. You may just need to experiment a little, cutting out certain foods to see what might be causing the gain. Cheese is also a problem for some people.

I had to cut out the coffee (Down from 2 or 3 a day, to one or two a week as a treat), no diet soda, and very limited cheese. I still haven't been losing as much as I'd like but I do feel a lot better and am loosing very slowly. My weight fluctuates a lot so have to not worry about ups and downs if the general trend is downward.

Hang in there
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I use fitday.com to track my carbs its free and I only do it for a few days to get an idea of what I'm eating. I tend to under estimate if I'm just counting on my own.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Want to give us a sample menu (with serving sizes?)
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/199/145

Height: 5'6

I've found that things . . . shift . . . on low carb. So a 200lb body eating a high carb, low calorie diet looks slightly different than a 200lb body eating a low carb, high fat diet. Smaller belly, less bloat in the face, more prominent collar bone, etc. So my advice is to ignore the scale for right now. Instead, grab a pair of tight pants or a tight top and use the fit as your guide. If the clothes are getting looser, then you're getting smaller, regardless of what the scale says!
magnoliafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #6  

Thank you all. I got discuraged and fell of Atkins wagon for 3 straight days.. Tomorrow is day one on Atkins Induction.. I am more bloated..well atlot more bloated. Ankles, face, hands, belly. I have been looking over my blog I have been keeping too... I over did a few times on the cream, also the pork rinds. I have been drinking to much crystal light... Other than that... lol So I am going to get back on the horse with this knowlege in the morning.
anna78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Drinking lots of water helps me.
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204.8/197/150

Height: 5'7

you may be eating too much sodium. Sodium retains a lot of water in your body ( 2-7 lbs of water). It takes a few days to flush it out, just make sure you lower your sodium intake and you drink 15 cups of water a day
Sophieeex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #9  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ana
I always have great success with atkins. I am 49 and have been a yo- yoer for the last 20 years. I did atkins most recently from July 26, 2010 to about Jan. something 2011. I lost 62 lbs in about 6 months. Then I started a new high stress job and totally fell off. SOME of the lbs. came back (28lbs to be exact). I have now jumped back on Atkins because I just can't eat whatever I want. Atkins has got to be a way of life for me and I know it. Now listen, don't give up. You have an inner strength you probaly don't know exists, but it's there. Come here to 3fc often. It really helps to get the support here. These ladies (and a few gents) really know their stuff!
I'm wishing you great success!
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophieeex3 View Post
you may be eating too much sodium. Sodium retains a lot of water in your body ( 2-7 lbs of water). It takes a few days to flush it out, just make sure you lower your sodium intake and you drink 15 cups of water a day
I was going to say the same thing - for me sodium is a killer when it comes to weight loss. A lot of the things that stall others don't bother me at all but let me have a high sodium day and my body retains water like the Hoover Dam and it takes about a week for it all to flush out.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote