South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default I'm not having a good day

All I can think about is going to get some off plan food. It's driving me crazy. I'm not hungry and I'm not thirsty so that's not why I'm thinking of it. It's probably because Aunt Flo is making her ugly visit. Grr!

The last few times I decided to go off plan the food I ate (which would've normally been comfort food for me) was not very good. It didn't taste good and it certainly didn't make me feel good. So why am I sitting here really wanting something horrible to eat when I know it's not going to be very good anyway.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I guess today is just one of those days. I'm going to try my best to stay on plan.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Cheer up. Everybody goes thru it. Just try to think that you have become trimm and slimm and everybody is admiring and complemeting you. The more you think of food, the more you try to see the picture of thin you.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #3  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

What are you craving? Maybe we can help you come up with something OP that will satisfy.
When I'm having one of "those" days I try not to worry about serving sizes or limits as long as I'm eating OP foods. So if another serving of nuts or cheese will work to get me through then I just go with it. As long as it's not every day I figure the extra calories are better than going off plan and restarting my carb cravings.
Kelly J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

OMG I had so many of those days lately and I wish I had come here and posted instead! Sometimes it helps to find a distraction... like exercise or getting out of the house or doing something with your hands or... Also, while you may not be thirsty, I do find it helps to "force" myself to drink something. Or lots. Hang in there!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #5  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly J View Post
What are you craving? Maybe we can help you come up with something OP that will satisfy.
When I'm having one of "those" days I try not to worry about serving sizes or limits as long as I'm eating OP foods. So if another serving of nuts or cheese will work to get me through then I just go with it. As long as it's not every day I figure the extra calories are better than going off plan and restarting my carb cravings.

The thing is I'm not craving anything in particular. I kind of almost wish it was something in particular because I could find a substitute for it.

I'm actually thinking of making a pizza with a Josephs pita or a flat out wrap. At least that would feel like I'm eating junk food. But it'd be on plan & healthy.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

If I've eaten off plan sweet foods or even NSA foods sometimes (think NSA ice cream) I have days like that. Beck seems to have the best advice - she says that every time you hold strong you strengthen your resistance muscle and it will be that much easier the next time. For me that's true until I slide off plan and start again (you'd think I'd get smarter ) I just have to tough it out - drink a lot of water, exercise, keep busy until it passes. Coming here is a great way to deal with it. You can make it through the day!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #7  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Thanks for all your posts, I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
If I've eaten off plan sweet foods or even NSA foods sometimes (think NSA ice cream) I have days like that. Beck seems to have the best advice - she says that every time you hold strong you strengthen your resistance muscle and it will be that much easier the next time. For me that's true until I slide off plan and start again (you'd think I'd get smarter ) I just have to tough it out - drink a lot of water, exercise, keep busy until it passes. Coming here is a great way to deal with it. You can make it through the day!
That really makes a lot of sense to me. I've already been able to strengthen my resistance muscle just by being on SB. I've found as long as I stay on plan I don't have wild cravings or a desire to binge.
I have been on plan, yesterday I didn't get all my veggies in but I ate on plan. I really think the culprit is my tom, it's so irritating to deal with some times. And then there's this weather, it's just a gloomy day & we've been having bad storms come through with tornado watches & warnings.

I'll just focus on getting through today.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I hope you're feeling better!

I, use many of the techniques found in the Beck Diet Solution. While I understand that strengthening my resistence muscle is great I have a distraction list of things I can do when I get to the point that I really feel I need to eat. When I first started SBD, I spent lots of time at the games forum here at 3FC. I love word games.

Your pizza idea sounded great, though. It is far better to eat something SBD approved...coming here for support is so helpful, too!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #9  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

I made it through the slump. Thank Goodness! Now I feel like me again.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Awesome job! Don't you feel great about yourself??!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #11  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Thanks & Yes I do feel great actually.

I was thinking this morning that if I had gone and ate some off plan foods yesterday that I probably wouldn't have seen a 1.5 loss on the scale this morning. Today I'm officially 30 lbs lighter, I've never been able to lose 30 lbs before!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations!

What a great double achievement! 30 pounds lost and refusing to give in to a craving.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #13  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats! That is great!

The last time it was my TOM, I was insatiably hungry and nothing was helping. Distractions worked for an hour at best. I drank more water than is probably healthy.

Ultimately what I did was buy 3 bags of shiritaki noodles and 2 pints of Arctic Zone. That way, I could eat as much as I wanted without feeling guilty. Of course, with food like that, you can't really eat that much. So at 1/2 bag noodles and 1/3 pint, I was done. But it really took the pressure off of limiting quantity, which mentally helped me a lot.
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #14  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Whoohoo! Thats awesome!!! I am glad you made it through and feel so great about it!~
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #15  
My goal = health

You ladies are an amazing inspiration. I've had a tough week and caved in a few times - out of stress, convenience, whatever. I need to visit the board more often to keep me out of trouble!
RRB2 is offline   Reply With Quote