Old 09-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Default Random Phases Questions

(Yes, I know where the phases sticky is.)
Sorry if these are dumb ?'s

Can you go from phase 1 to phase 3? Just skipping the whole phase 2 lunch change until phase 4 where you need to add a fat?

Can you continue a phase 1 lunch in phase 3? And 4? As long as you still added the fat to it? (I would rather have a packet than real food, weird right?)

During phase 4 can you do phase 1 if you choose for days other than following cheat day and go back and forth from 1 to 4 or back and forth from 3 to 4?

Sometimes I feel the packets are like a treat and satisfy something for me that a chicken breast cannot. Also I worry I will need the convenience factor at times.

wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

My coach told me that they are inclined to 'wean' you off of IP food so that you can continue on with regular day to day living without it. But that many people in Phase 4 (maintenance) still come back and buy products for the exact reason that you have stated- they are convenient & tasty. Phase 4 is very much up to you and what works for you because it is your body & your life. As long as you are maintaining at or near your goal weight how you go about that is completely up to you- the guidelines are exactly that just guidelines. The edges are completely blurry it is not like in Phase 1 where it is ONLY this and NONE of that. Which is part of what can make Phase 4 so difficult- it's all up to you. So I guess I would have to say if you enjoy the packets and don't mind the additional cost of purchasing them feel free to stick with them for life if you like .
It is not recommended to skip phases. The reason that we trade in a packet for a 'real' protein in phase 2 is so that our bodies slowly start to process more calories.
And in Phase 3 there is another jump in calories with the addition of the 'big breakfast'.
Phase 4 is one extra carb with dinner one extra fat with lunch (or reverse if you prefer)- which I'm sure you already know if you've read the sticky- and so again introducing more calories.
After having spent all this time, money & effort in losing weight I'm sure you'll want to keep it off and the best way to ensure that you don't have a gain is through following the proper phasing out process.
In Phase 4 feel free to do what works best for you if that's skipping the extra carb, replacing one of your meal proteins with a packet etc. The snack(s) in Phase 4 are encouraged to be an IP product, fruit, nuts. I almost always have a bar or dill pickle zippers as a snack each day as I feel as you do that they are my 'treat' and I would miss them terribly if I had to give them up (I know this because when I run out like I did today it miffs me a bit). I also use the vanilla rtd almost everyday as creamer for my coffees.
Doing Phase 1/ 2 for an extended period when you're in Phase 4 will more than likely result in weight loss (duh)- if that's what you're after go for it.
Hope this helps...
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote