Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Default Steps you take to show you take pride in your appearance

With my journey I realized that I didn't take much pride in my appearance before I lost weight. I was so focused what everyone else wanted that I didn't take care of myself. I'm still a frugal shopper even though it's one of my favorite past times. Its more like just the act of walking around to look at stuff is almost more exciting than buying it.

Anyhow, what are some ways even on your bad days that you show you take pride in your appearance?

For instance, I just started dressing more professionally for work. Occasionally, I paint my nails, and I've been doing my hair more often instead of leaving it messy. Eventually I want to have a collection of all nice jewelry.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #2  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Well, I got to start wearing flattering clothing. Most of my clothing was based on what I could find that actually fit. Now I have more options and can find things that I actually like on me so that's a big help in that department.

I also am putting more focus on doing things for myself, just b/c it's nuturing to myself and helps me feel like a more vibrant person. Facials, trying out new hairstyles, new make-up techniques, trying new manis/pedis colors and decal combos, etc. (never underestimate the power of pretty toes as a pick-me-up!) I have also started wearing high heels again, albeit platform high heels so they aren't so hard on my knees but I LOVE ME SOME SEXY HEELS!

Recently, my dh got me a tria laser and I have started laser hair removal treatments! So nice when you deal with tons of unwanted hair!

I figure, I'll keep my old tricks but also pick up some new ones. Why not? Life is too short, might as well be the best you that you can be.

Last edited by 4star; 09-04-2011 at 05:08 PM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #3  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I've been doing a lot. I had to have new clothes out of necessity, but I feel great in them. I moisturize more often, shave my legs more often , wear make up again, do my hair rather than just leave it 'tousled' and I also started painting my nails again too.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Eyebrows.

And I blow my hair out, with clips, in sections, the whole nine yards.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I just bought two of the tiniest suits I could squeeze into because all of mine are huge. I was thrilled to find two in my current size (straight size 16) that were affordable. And I got a dark red gel manicure.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
Let me know how you like it. I'm curious, as I had laser hair removal (full body) for two years, and had minimal results. I had to sue to get my money back.
They've been forced to reclassify it as non-permanent. I had some a few years ago with no lasting result. Oh well!
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #7  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post

Let me know how you like it. I'm curious, as I had laser hair removal (full body) for two years, and had minimal results. I had to sue to get my money back.
Well, I don't know if it will make me hair-free but I am hoping for thinner, finer hair, at least. So far, it looks like it's growing back in finer and a little lighter so I am happy for now. Honestly, aside from electrolysis, it's my last resort. My chin stays tender from all of the plucking and the rest of my face and neck take a beating from waxing. Here's hoping something works!

I know women that it worked well for, BUT your skin tone and the color of the hair matters b/c the laser is attracted to the pigments which is why a laser can't be used near a tattoo or the eyes. It does work best on lighter skin tones with dark hair. I have read it does almost nothing to blonde-colored body hairs.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I like nair, plucking, and shaving for hair removal....
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I have been doing a lot too...definitely dressing more professional and "put together" for work. Partly because I feel I have more options and not just shopping for clothes I can fit into, but clothes that actually look good. I am getting fairly regular manicures and pedicures (I agree...pretty toes are a great pick me up...and my kickboxing class is done barefoot, so I will continue my pedis even through the winter!). I have always scheduled regular hair cuts and coloring, but I am being more adventurous. I have always worn makeup, but I am taking a little more time and effort there too. I also recently started getting regular massages--first as a "treat" to myself, but now more for the recovery process...it really helps those sore muscles!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #10  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

I keep my hair professionally cut and colored. I'm wearing nicer, more flattering clothing instead of what fits. And I've started taking better care of my skin to try to prevent aging (I'll be 50 next year). These were all things I had been neglecting when I didn't feel good about myself and didn't think the body that I had was worth taking the effort for.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

A friend of mine said the key is to put on make-up/do your hair. Once you do that, you can't just sit around the house and be an oinker, can you?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #12  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I've slowly been working on rehauling my wardrobe. I've added in clothes that actually fit me and have really looked for stuff that fits my body type well, not just clothes that fit. I've also bought a nice pair of boots that can be worn with anything that are really comfortable so even on my lazy/crappy feeling days I can look stylish but feel comfortable.

I've also been trying out new types of hairs styles besides just the good ol' ponytail. I still wear my hair up a lot but I try to get some sort of variation on the ponytail at the very least.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I'm into hair, nails, dresses, heels, makeup - the whole nine. When I'm really in shape, it's when you see me wearing clothes that are more casual than normal. I'm more likely to wear jeans and a fitted t-shirt when I know that my arms are buff as opposed to a 3/4 sleeved dress when they're not.

I'm like the opposite! :P
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 192/170/140

Height: 5'8"

I've been using the take care of yourself stuff as rewards for weight loss. Never felt I could justify a facial peel, new eye creme, manicures, nice cloths when I looked like I did, so now I look forward to losing 5 more pounds and getting to my next fun reward... 16o pound goal = chemical peel and fancy eye creme!! 150 pound goal=manicure!! It makes me very excited for my adventure in weight loss!
bonbonj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/216/170

I used to buy clothes from Goodwill (no shame with that, it's just that I didn't want to spend a lot of money buying clothes in a size I didn't want to wear). Now, I go to department stores and buy CUTE stuff! I've been dressing much cuter now and everyone at the office asks me why I'm suddenly dressing my age (I am 33 but dressed as if I was 20 years older), wearing notice-me jewellery and accessories. And I've discovered a new love of high heels!!
myweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote