South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default September 1st SBD Chat

Happy September!

So where is everyone on this fine morning? Most likely several of us will be starting up today's thread, and we'll have to merge them.

Anyhoo - Today's my Friday, as I'm back to my regular schedule, and I'm looking forward to a nice, 4-day weekend. I spent yesterday afternoon baking 9 loaves of pumpkin bread for the Hunt Club, and this morning I have 3 more loaves to bake and freeze, then spend the rest of the day cleaning the girls' rooms. They've been warned!

I have an appointment for my car check-up and oil change tomorrow, but the rest of the day is free. And plans are still up in the air for the weekend.

So, what's happening with everyone today?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmmm....pumpkin bread sounds delish! It's funny, I used to completely hate pumpkin stuff, and now it's growing on me.

I'm jealous it's your Friday too! I have to work Saturday as well, but then off on Monday. We don't have plans either, but I'm hoping to get some stuff done at home if I can nail my DH down.

Phase I going well. (see NSV thread!!) I'm debating adding fruit but leaving the grains off for a few more days.

I have my long day of work today, with the kids' meet n greet in the middle of it. Should be nice to meet DS' teacher. I love DD's teacher...DS had her two years ago. Hoping it will be a great year!

Have a great day!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Today is my Saturday. Hey, every day is my Saturday Of course it's already packed with stuff - a community work party to help clean-up from the flood, blood donation and grocery shopping.

Cottage - I love pumpkin bread. You just reminded me my oil change light went on yesterday. Need to get that taken care of tomorrow too.

Twynn - Hope the teacher meetings are good and the kids like their new teachers.

Well I need to get moving already I'll be back this afternoon!

ETA - any of you food preservers ever try lacto-fermentation? That's going to be my weekend project but I've never tried it before

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-01-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, woohoo! Good luck on your new endeavors, and ENJOY!

As far as lacto-fermentation, I've never even heard of it before, let alone try it!

Good morning, Twynn! Looks like it's going to be a nice weekend here in PA!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

I'm thinking about starting with this recipe for salsa. I buy live sauerkraut and it's so good. I also get ginger carrots that really make kale salads extra yummy. Might as well give it a shot!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I was sleeping! 8-1/2 hours! We painted until we dropped yesterday then headed into Denver. Mom offered to take us to dinner when we got home so I didn't have to cook!

Today we're going to paint in two shifts. I'm heading up as soon as it's light, we'll take an extended mid day break then head back when it cools. We are so close to finishing. Unfortunately, one of the areas has yellow jackets coming out of a soffit. Kirk got stung first thing yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

I can't believe it's September! But the weather here is very hot so not helping.

Linda - My whole family loves pumpkin bread! I really need to find a good OP recipe for the holiday season that they'll enjoy too.

Twynn - Glad to hear it is going well. I had only one day, yesterday, and really missed fruit the most.

Cyndi - You are busy!

Debbie - Are you sore from all that painting?

Yesterday's dental appointment went as well as one of those can. I really like the new guy and he really dug into my history and issues beyond just the one tooth that needed fixing. Mouth and tooth with temporary crown is a bit sore still, hope it passes fast. I go back in 3 weeks. The "care package" get-together last night was fun and I have a huge bounty to send my son. I IMed him to ask if he also needed anything from home since I was sending a box and now have to figure out how to keep his shoes from crushing the food items! Nothing much happening today. Tried portobello pizza last night and will try that again. Interesting.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I was trying to get online this morning but my provider had a problem until just now. I took out the trash and had a nice chat with my young neighbour right next door. I also have new young neighbours on the other side and am starting to feel old! It's strange to have folks in their 20's and 30's nearby but I like it.

Lacto-fermentation! I didn't know that was what it was called. Harry and I made sauerkraut a lot back in the day. I have a batch of green tomatoes that I may do that way with dill. My problem is that I don't have a root cellar but may be able to rig something in the old fridge in the barn.

I need to get going and crank up the day so will be back later.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, everyone!

Today is my last day of five days off I'm sad to be back to work! I do love work, but not working is of course better!

I'm enjoying a little pre-breakfast snack of cucumber and tomato from the garden! It is tasty. My tomatoes are really late in ripening, so this is the first of the full-sized tomatoes I've been able to pick. I have had some cherry tomatoes ripe, but I always like the big ones best.

I'm starting Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred today, doing it for the month of September. I completed it once in the past and loved it! It's simple, but with my work schedule it's short enough that I'll get it done every day. The first day is always the hardest when you haven't been working out forever, at least for me. I know I'll be glad I did it.

Last night I had the draft for the fantasy football league I'm in...it was fun! I'm happy with my picks. Anyone else doing fantasy football?

Well, I'm off to start my day!

Last edited by southmplsgirl; 09-01-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #10  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I planted my fall garden yesterday. I'm excited and cant wait for the fresh veggies to be ready. This is the first time I've ever planted a fall garden, so I'm interested to see how everything grows.

A couple weeks ago our credit card number was stolen along with hundreds of other people's. I finally got it this week and I've been putting off calling my gym to give them the new number because I was thinking about quitting the gym membership because I hardly ever use it and I feel like I'm wasting my money. BUT, I joined the exercise challenge so I went ahead and decided to call them and give them the number. I'm not going today but for exercise I'm deep cleaning my house. That always gets me hot & sweaty & gets my heart rate going.

Tomorrow night we are going to the county fair. I'm excited about going but how can I go to the fair and not get all the goodies I'm used to getting. I always get a red candy apple to bring home, some cotton candy to share with my family, a funnel cake to share, and we also always eat dinner there too. So I've done some serious thinking about this and I've come to the conclusion that I already know what all this food tastes like so do I really need it? NO I do not need it. We are going to have dinner at home and I'm going to make something extra special so none of us feel like we're being deprived despite not eating at the fair. So that's my plan and I'm sticking to it!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

Cyn, how did the interview go?

I am heading back today - early morning start and very late finish I am tired just thinking about it! Happy to be thinking about our cruise. I am worried that, while I made the best choices here, there weren't many options for me and no gym (though I walked about 5 miles yesterday!) and my weigh-in is tomorrow - I soooo wanted to be down that two pounds.

Hope all is well all around. Chat tomorrow morning (though late but I am working form home and packing for the cruise)!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning (It's still morning in my timezone )

We are back in the office, now it's time to unpack everything and still get work done as well lol

Tonight DD2 has soccer practice. DS and DD1 are both in full swing of college.

We were going to go out of town this weekend but I am oncall so didn't feel right to leave incase something happens so we are staying. I am planning to take a full week off at Christmastime so we can go somewhere, need to put it on the books now.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #13  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

I just got my electricity back after 5 days Hello world!!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Hi Chris- thanks for checking in! Other than electric how is it there?
Closed Thread