Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default 40-Something Chat/Accountability A September to Remember! All Welcome!

Just starting us off!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm excited to jump in to the chat!

Well, I'm holding water and weigh in is tomorrow. I hope something sheds by then, even if it's a small loss or no loss... just not a gain! If not, I hope I do really well next week. Today will be fantastic if no one brings sweets to work!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

WEll I missed almost a week here, was off then busy. having a good week, cept for being sick.
Welcome twinetin
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Hatimber, so sorry to hear about your hubby, is he going to be okay?
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #5  

Twinieten, welcome glad to have you join us.

Ashley, hope you are feeling better by now.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Hello, everyone! So glad to be here with you ladies and fighting the good fight together!! Let's make September a great one!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all !! It's time to jump in and say hi to everyone. I lost 135 lbs about 2 1/2 years ago then proceeded to gain 100 of it back a year later. Hubby and I have now been in a lifestyles program at our gym for 4 months now and doing/feeling pretty fantastic so I'm back again. I hope everyone is having a great Thursday and has great plans for the weekend coming up.
LeslieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #8  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Welcome to all the newbies!

Had a 4lb. woosh! I thought it would never happen, it took longer than expected. Today is our 26th wedding anniversary, as usual did nothing special. Hubby had to work, so I'm hoping we can do something this weekend. So I better behave & stay away from any junk food til then.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #9  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlady View Post
Welcome to all the newbies!

Had a 4lb. woosh!
Thanks!

Does that mean you just dropped that 4 pounds suddenly all at once?

Happy Anniversary!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #10  

Happy 26th Anniversary and congrats on the woosh !
Old 09-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello gang! So sorry I haven't been keeping up here. I've had a terrible cold this week and have just felt awful. On top of that I've been really busy at work. Food is doing okay, probably no loss, but hopefully no gain. I took of two days from exercising, too. Hoping to rest and recover this weekend. REALLY looking forward to having 3 days off. Boys are with their Dad, I'll be with my fiance....here or there.

Welcome to all the new faces!! Happy Anniversary to you and DH, Fruitlady!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #12  

Sept 1
B= 2 c milk, vits, apple
L= PBJ
S= 1 cup dry cereal
D= 1/2 BBQ pork pizza
S= ice cream
S= cereal with milk
E= 45min cardio

I could have done a little better today. I don't think I'm eating enough in the mornings so by nighttime I want more to eat.

FL, Happy Anniversary!

Leslie, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Annie, hope you feel better soon

Guac, good to hear from you.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #13  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Hi all. I've been out of town and then had family stay with me for two weeks. I'm back now!

B: Coffee
L: Water
D: Steak, curry potatoes/squash, cucumbers
Cal: 642

E: Practicing bellydance routine - I'm soloing for the first time in 3wks!

fruitlady: Congratulations on your whoosh! (that's a loss, right? lol) and your 26th wedding anniversary! We are on our 19th and both of us always forget until a couple of days later. lol

Annie: Sending you healthy vibes ------------->

Leslie: Welcome!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hello everyone. September always seems more like New Year's to me because I feel closely tuned to the "start of school" time. Before kids, I always hoped---"this year I'll really succeed this time around..." (it took me 8 years to graduate college so you can imagine how much I practiced this). After kids (and both a college and grad school graduate), I am still closely linked to September as the launch of all good intentions.

Congrats on the beginning of the second quarter of a century with your hubby, FL, and the huge whoosh. Hello to newbies. Annie, I hope you feel better. Twenieten, I love your turtle/ninja cartoon. Guac, I saw your other post today. I think of you as a vibrantly part of 3fc. It's nice to have e-community and real community. I hope you enjoy getting out in your own neighborhood more. Your e-personality is cool so I can imagine how cool you are in 3D.

I'm back from two-weeks of out-of-state vacationing back home in Minnesota (with kids but hubby stayed in East Coast for Irene and earthquakes). I don't know if I gained/lost/maintained because I'm scared to weigh in. But overall the vacation was like I was from another planet.

I biked alot, had only one large meal a day and ate sensibly the rest of the day, and generally made awesome choices. It was vacation so we ate at Dairy Queen almost every day and went a couple times to restaurants with huge fat consumption meals (onion rings or fries). But I walked away proud.

I went twice to our famous giant state fair and shared with three others if it was unhealthy option. I only ate local grown apples, fresh milk ice cream, or pickles-on-a-stick. I didn't feel deprived or unhappy or anything. It really was a great feeling to think later on, after I had already left, "hey, I chose to share small orders of unhealthy stuff with three other people". I wasn't consciously saying, "well, I better share this lovely morsel and learn to like it." I just organically shared because I didn't want anything but a taste of something like fried cheese curds or funnel cake.

I never SHARE! I look at people who say things like "you want to split a dessert" and think they are total aliens from another planet. But this vacation, I became An Alien From Another Planet!!! Na-nu, Na-nu!
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #15  

Good morning ! Had wonderful news last night... went to the doctor and he's decided to take me off all my diabetes meds. My A1C has dropped from 8.1 to 5.9 in 3 months. It's amazing what exercise and eating right can do to a body. We do have a wedding to go to this weekend so it might be a bit of a challenge eatingwise but I plan on dancing the night away so will work off all those extra calories !!

Archy - thanks for the welcome and hope you had a great time with your family.

Patchwork - thanks for the welcome.

Annie - hope you're feeling better and have a great weekend with the fiance.

iarad - sounds like you had a great vacation... welcome back home. congrats on the great food choices at the fair... it can get overwhelming with all the yummy smells and sights.

Last edited by LeslieB; 09-02-2011 at 09:24 AM.