Old 08-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #1  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Default "On-Plan Beauties" September Check-In ~ Anyone is Welcome!

Everyone is welcome to jump right in with your goals for the month of September!

Our main goal at this thread is to remain ON PLAN (or OP for short) whatever our plans may be. Everyone is different. Feel free to join in! Whether you are a Weight Watcher, a Calorie Counter, a South Beacher, an Intermittent Faster, or anything else in between, it doesn't matter as long as you have some goals that you want to achieve!

September Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN through the month of September. Come here to the board if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise every week.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy and happy!! Let's do this!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #2  
I am in control.

A little about me: I am an emotional eater, a compulsive eater, and sometimes a binge eater. After hitting goal and then relaxing a bit too much with my calorie counting for the month of August, I decided it's time to reel it in and give myself a 60-day OP challenge which actually started yesterday. My goals for this month are:

1) To stay OP for the month! This means eating between 1500-1900 calories daily.
2) I am not setting a weight loss goal. I would just like to get control of my eating again!
3) I plan to work out cardio-wise at least 4 times a week. This includes jogging, spinning, and anything else I can fit in that I enjoy doing.
4) I will visit this thread daily. It helps keep me in check and I love being able to give support and get support when I need it.

I will be posting my daily eats and exercises because that helps keep me accountable. I look forward to seeing some familiar faces from the former Autumn Beauties thread and I look forward to seeing new peeps, too!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #3  
~Kim~

I always love the fresh start feeling that comes with a new month!

September goals:
1. Continue to stay on plan for my 60 day challenge. Includes eating right and getting plenty of fluid.
2. I would like to be between 210-215 by the end of September.
3. I would like to work out as many days as possible. (Might start C25K on the 19th)
4. Visit this thread daily to give and get motivation and support.

I will be weighing in every Sunday. Let's all have a wonderful month! =)

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 09-03-2011 at 05:54 PM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #4  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

My September Goals

1. Follow the WW PointsPlus program 100% for the entire month
2. Do at least 30 mins of exercise 5 times a week
3. Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day
4. Check in here daily and post what I eat (even on the weekend)
5. NO BINGES - continue stay 100% Binge free the entire month
6. Lose at least 5 pounds this month.

I hope we all have a rockin month
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Thanks for starting the new thread! I'll be back later to post goals.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 159/140/130

Height: 5'6.5

Happy September everyone!

My September goals:
1) Generally eat better, meaning fewer calories and carbs overall
2) Be at 141 by the end of September
3) Exercise 5 days a week for an hour (easy, I love my dance fitness class )
4) Check in here daily
5) Remind myself that I'm not giving up the yummy but fattening foods forever
6) Whenever I feel like I'm going to cheat, tell myself "Nothing tastes better than the way thin feels."

SoFlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #7  

1. get myself back on track!
2. exercise ~ short workouts are better than nothing!
3. eating ~ get back on plan
4. check in daily

I've let things get out of hand lately. Its been so hot I've had a harder time getting myself to exercise, and I've let my eating slide {drop off a cliff??} so I need to snap out of it!

Good news! I got a reasonable night sleep last night. I kept waking up but was able to go back to sleep!

Girly, Welcome, nice to have you join us.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #8  
I am in control.

Girly ~ Welcome to the thread! Your goals look awesome. What kind of dance fitness classes do you do?

Penguin ~ I'm so glad you were finally able to get some sleep. Your goals look great, too.

GettinFit ~ I'm with you on the "no binges" and staying OP 100%. We can do this!

Kim ~ Good luck with the C25K if you start it!! How exciting. New challenges are always fun.

My boss brought in these amazing treats from Jordan which happen to be some of my favorites, but there is no calorie count anywhere on the tin, so I am passing on them. I have my Fage greek yogurt and Chobani greek yogurt for snacks, so one of those will give me enough of a sweet flavor.

Day 3 OP
Breakfast: Cheerios w/milk, pb toast w/fruit spread (306)
Lunch: Lean Cuisine (260)
Snacks: Chobani Pomegranate yogurt w/kashi (157), mini Snickers (90), gum (10), snap peas (120), cheese stick (80), Skinny Cow ice cream (100)
Dinner: ShakeNBake chicken w/brussel sprouts and white russian (674), sugar free jello w/whipped cream (85)
Total so far...1882
Exercise: No cardio today, but 45 minutes of yoga

Last edited by Emme; 09-01-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #9  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

I am looking forward to having an awesome month and I know you all are too.

Penguin - I agree with you on the heat! It has been unbelievably hot this summer and it does make it more challenging to work out. I've done much better the past week & 1/2. The forecast for the next week here will be a bit cooler. I am so ready for those cools crisp October mornings.

Girly - I'm looking forward to hearing about how you're meeting your goals during the month.

Emme - Great job passing up those treats! Sounds like you are back in your zone now.

I'm off to a great start too. This morning we had a welcome breakfast for a new team member that I arranged. I ordered a platter of fresh fruit, bagels & cream cheese & coffee cake. All I had was the fresh fruit and I wasn't even tempted by the other stuff. I want to stay in this zone forever

Today's Journal

B: Sugar Free Cappuccino, mixed fruit
L: Large salad with 1/2 chicken breast, feta, croutons
S: WW Snacks
D: Progresso Soup, WW 2pt snack bar
Exercise: rest day

Last edited by GettinFit; 09-01-2011 at 10:24 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #10  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

My 60 day challenge (which started yesterday):
1. Exercise 6 days a week. 3 of those days will be devoted to the Couch-to-5K plan starting on 9/4 (Kim, I'm doing it too!) and the other three days will just be "activity" - anything I want as long as it's at least 10 minutes.
2. At least one green, leafy vegetable daily
3. Daily meditation
4. Tracking my intake (via Weight Watchers' points-plus method)

In addition to the challenge, I'll be rejoining Weight Watchers, and commit to two meetings a month, minimum.

At the end of the 60 days, I would like to have lost three inches around my waist. I also plan to have selected and have a down payment on my wedding dress by that time (which I would like to be 3 sizes smaller than my current size). I don't think I would be three sizes smaller by the end of the 60 days but I hope to have a better idea of what my body might be like next year (getting married in Sept. 2012). So I am very thankful for the ladies of this group inspiring me to challenge myself!

Let's have a great month ladies!

Last edited by Tricia Fierce; 09-01-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #11  
I am in control.

Hey, Tricia! Great goals. It's so cool that you are doing the C25K thing, too! I am doing my own modified version of it. I started a few weeks ago and jogged 1 mile and then walked the other 2, and I've been slowly building it up. I hope you guys enjoy running...it's very peaceful when you can do it outside. It really helps me clear my thoughts and just enjoy the time I have to myself.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

I am going to join this too! I have been on the worst eating bender for the past week and will not step on the scale until I have myself under control for at least 2 weeks. I can tell I've gained

I am an emotional eater, a binge eater, and a compulsive eater! I have started today (9/1) with my good habits and have left the past behind me. I already had breakfast and I am still starving, which happens when I've been eating too much for awhile. However, I will get used to this reduction in food and adjust again.

Here are my Sept Goals:
1) I will average 1100-1200 cals a day every week.
2) I will walk for 45 mins 4 times a week
3) No binges (including mini 500 calorie ones)
4) I will visit this thread Monday - Friday, possibly more!
5) I will weigh-in October 1
6) I will use coping skills, other than food, to deal with my emotions!
7) I will post my OP food journal. I will post my planned meals/exercise for the day. If I stray or change what I eat, I'll update on here accordingly.

Day 1 OP
Breakfast: Reduced fat breakfast sandwich (230 cals), black coffee
Snack: Fruit (100 cals)
Lunch: Lean Cuisine Rigatoni (420 cals)
Snack: Fruit (100 cals)
Dinner: Large salad with low-fat Italian (150)
Exercise: 45 min walk
Total cals: 1000 ish
Banked cals for high day: 150

Last edited by christine123; 09-01-2011 at 11:51 AM.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #13  
I am in control.

Christine ~ I can completely relate to the emotional/binge/compulsive eating...I've been on a bender, too, so let's do this! You have a great set of goals and I know you'll do great. This thread is great motivation and support.

GettinFit ~ Good for you for sticking with the fruit!

Last edited by Emme; 09-01-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Emme: I am so happy to be doing this! I read your path to health thread and thought how awesome it was that you posted everything and were so honest about the successes as well as the struggles. I am excited to be accountable here and for the support! Thank you so much for starting this! I woke up this morning knowing I needed to join a challenge and here it was
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #15  

Hubby and I had a heart to heart last night about our eating, which has gone horribly wrong. We are both trying to make better choices and support each other. or I"ll bop him with a skillet! } Seriously, I do know my choices are mine to make, but when Someone goes back for thirds it really messes with my willpower!

Christine, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Tricia, I like your plan to have a green leafy veg each day!