Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #1  
not planning - doing!

S/C/G: 175/171/135

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Hypo's... Anyone Gluten Free and have any luck?

Anyone Gluten Free and have any luck feeling better and losing? I am thinking of being GF for 3 months ( up to New Years). I am supposedly optimized and I still have MAJOR brain fog, Basically like I have ADHD - I can't even finish reading a book - I have no energy it's a MAJOR struggle to do house work if I wait past 3 hrs of waking - SKIN looks GRAY and the bags/circle are getting worse!

I would LOVE it if someone wants to do this with me if not that's OK too I will start a blog on Progress also adding supplements - I want to document progress EVERY day... even if there isn't any.

Any Takers????
KimZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I have hashimotos and also celiac. I have been gluten free for years. It won't necessarily help you lose but it might make you feel better. If you think you might have a real problem with gluten get the blood test first before start eliminating gluten. It wont be accurate if you eliminate gluten first. Even if you don't have an allergy or celiacs it might help you feel better and worth trying for a few weeks to find out. A lot of people are sensitive to it. I think one of the biggest things is not use too many of the gluten free substitute foods such as the breads and pastas etc..as they are usually made from simple starches and rice flour and not very high in nutrients or fiber.

My gastroenterologist told me it is common to have more than one autoimmune disorder such as hashi's and celiac.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

While getting rid of the gluten may help, it sounds like something else is going on. If other problems have been ruled out (like thyroid) by your health care provider, consider other diet changes. Have you replaced gluten with other grains? or are you doing low carb? Maybe you are having problems with your blood sugars with the grains, and need a higher fat, lower carb diet. Supplements may help a lot, what particularly do you think you are missing?
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #4  

I suggest you give it a try, I went paleo to help get rid of some bad inflammation and inflammation is what causes quite a bit of illness....
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote