Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 5'2.5

Default I took a day off...

from dieting.. which was today. I lost control of my eating. after my last coke i felt terrible like i wanted to die because i let myself down... and ive promised myself to get back on track tomorrow which is like 45 mins away. :P

Also Im looking for like a friend to do this with me, I dont wanna do it alone. :S
sickof300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

You can do it! Everyone has slips. I feel guilty because I ate a small bite of a piece of graham cracker today. Don't beat yourself up about it. What's done is done and now you can work toward your goals on a new day!
Aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 5'2.5

Thanks! Aishah.. with the help from you ladies on here i havent been beating myself up so bad about things, usually ill be really upset which leads to more eatinig. but youse guys help me realize that i can get back on track. with that said, i do know it means i cant ALWAYS cheat... again thank you!
sickof300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

There are two things I find key in these situations- 1) being able to stop. This means not telling yourself "well, I ate a candy bar so I screwed up the whole day" and using it as an excuse to eat a dozen donuts . A day can be totally turned around, even after eating junk food- at any point. You don't have to wait for the sun to rise again for a new start. You can still have the taste of chocolate in your mouth to commit to a restart. And 2) finding something else to do. First you have to figure out if you're actually hungry. Here's a tip- if you're really hungry, then you'll eat something bland gratefully. Mine is plain carrots. I ask myself, would I eat a handful of plain carrots right now? If so, then I'm probably actually hungry and just need to find something good for me to eat. If not, then I have control over my hunger because I know I'm not fighting my body, but my mind. After determining if I'm actually hungry, I'll go off in search of distraction. Anything will do, really. Just get away from those thoughts of "I failed" or "I want potato chips right now." Just find something distracting.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by kelly315; 08-26-2011 at 02:14 AM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

Do not beat yourself up. You only need to be good 80% of the time! I planned my diet "breaks" where I had meals out and ate whatever I wanted - still do! But sometimes life throws things in your way like a free lunch out from work. I go with it, eat what I like and then right back on track. It's the getting back on track that makes the difference. I actually found that the occasional meal off helped break plateaus! Just do not do it more than once a month or so in the initial few months!

If you feel you are going to eat too much come here and post, we will help you!
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote