General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/215/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Why are you doing it?

I want to know, Why are you wanting to shed the pounds? What is motivating you? What kept you initially from doing it before?

What's motivating me is, Cloths and a trying to not be like my mom. I'm so fed up with not finding size 17 jeans, and when i do they end up being skinny jeans. And i don't want to be like my mom she was so thin when she was young she really let herself go,She has tried every single diet that didn't require exercising (And failed). How silly! I used to be really slim until my parents started fighting, so i binged. Then after the divorce i ended up eating a whole cake. Not even joking because the divorce was on my birthday and my dad got a cake for me after i came back from the hospital, and i ate the whole thing in two nights. My mom tells me she lost a lot of weight (60) which is giving me hope that i can to. Though i haven't seen her in almost a year.
MacAndEase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/245/150

Height: 5'3

Sounds like you are taking some difficult times and areas of your life and turning them into great motivators. So good for you. And I completely hear you on the clothes thing!

Mine is I want to get married. And have babies! And my appearance does not match the kind of person I am on the inside. I am happy, and positive, social and energetic. But I doubt someone would think that looking at me. So unfortunately I attract the WRONG kind of guy like this. I am not saying I want someone shallow. But I don't want anyone like my past several boyfriends - negative, grumpy and lazy. Their idea of a friday night was sitting home watching a movie. Mine is going out, being around friends and having fun. I also have to say I am very close to my mom. And I know how much she worries about me, and my health and happiness. I have far too much control over this weight thing to let it continue to worry her and mess up plans for my life.
SO there ya go. And I am turning twenty-ten (aka 30) in December. That crept up on me quick, so I need to get things done

Every piece of clothing I donate because it is too big.. or piece of clothing that I can wear that used to be too small... those are my motivators

Best of luck to you !
OnaMission29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 5'2.5

I like how you take the negativity in your life and are turning it positive!

I have decided to lose weight because Im only 21 and i found myself doing hardly anything and out of breath. :\ and simply bc im unhappy with myself
sickof300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Because if my body is the vehicle I'm going to be driving for the rest of my life, I want it to be a snazzy red corvette, that can really move down the street. Vroom! Vroom!
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I am doing it because my weight is very much tied to my mood/disposition. At my heaviest, I am also at my worst. Depressed, angry, miserable. I don't want to be that person - not for my son, my husband, myself, or anyone else. Life it too short.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaMission29 View Post
Sounds like you are taking some difficult times and areas of your life and turning them into great motivators. So good for you. And I completely hear you on the clothes thing!

Mine is I want to get married. And have babies! And my appearance does not match the kind of person I am on the inside. I am happy, and positive, social and energetic. But I doubt someone would think that looking at me. So unfortunately I attract the WRONG kind of guy like this. I am not saying I want someone shallow. But I don't want anyone like my past several boyfriends - negative, grumpy and lazy. Their idea of a friday night was sitting home watching a movie. Mine is going out, being around friends and having fun. I also have to say I am very close to my mom. And I know how much she worries about me, and my health and happiness. I have far too much control over this weight thing to let it continue to worry her and mess up plans for my life.
Best of luck to you !

Beautifully explained.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Okay, for me I want this for a couple of reasons. I was tired of being FAT! I was tired of being the fattest woman everywhere I went. I was tired of not feeling pretty. I was tired of my legs looking like stumps and tired of looking like a linebacker in a dress. I was tired of puffy ankles and aching legs when I got out of bed in the morning. I was tired of having a round face. I was tired of huffing and puffing going up the stairs in my house.

I deserve better than that. That's why I am here.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #8  
Jo Caty

S/C/G: 12 Stone/12 Stone/10 Stone

Height: 5 Foot 7 Inches

I woke up one morning and thought I am fed of looking in the mirror and hating what I see. My best friend is getting married in a years time and I want to look fabulous in the photos. She is a size 10 and is complaining saying that she wants to fit into a size 8 wedding dress, and here I am - a size 16!! I wasn't having it anymore so I got up this morning and thought right, today is the day I make a change to my life. I have started on an all protein diet which consists of 2 weeks without carbs. Should be eventful as I am very used to eating cakes, biscuits, chips, bread etc but with some support and motivation I should be able to stick to it! Unfortunately in the past I havent succeeded so i am hoping i will from now on!!
Jo Caty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I never expected to be the weight I am. I've gone up and down, but after two full-term pregnancies and a major depression, I found myself at the heaviest I never expected to be.

I love clothes and am tired of not wearing what I want and not liking what I see in the mirror. I'm tired of hiding and hating summer, because I can't (or won't) wear things I can't layer.

And I want to be able to keep up with my toddler. I'm already an older mom -- I don't want to look and move like one.

My work is physically and mentally demanding and I perform better when I'm thinner and feeling better about myself.

So, that's why I'm doing this. I want to feel and look better. I want the weight issue to be off the table (so to speak), so I can do more.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

I am tired of food being my comfort, my friend, etc. I am tired of avoiding mirrors (though 30lbs later I still do!), I want to fit back into my smallest size clothes, I want to re-gain confidence, I don't want to hide behind my weight.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #11  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

Because my first thought at every ache, pain, eye problem, twinge, or bad feeling shouldn't be, "oh crap, have I given myself joint problems/diabetes/heart disease?" Especially when I'm under thirty.

Because I want to shop at American Eagle. At the store.

Because I have a reputation as a heartbreaker, and I really think I should physically live up to the part.

Because I should be kicking the stairs' butt, and not the other way around.

Because I don't want to be that guy on airplanes.

Because the Appalachian Trail looks really awesome, and I'd like to be able to travel it without the help of either a golf cart or a defibrillator.

Because I once had a doctor insist that I couldn't lose the weight with diet and exercise, and I'm determined to prove him wrong.

Because I was ridiculously lucky in not giving myself health problems, and I'd like to quit while I'm ahead.

Because I want to have a picture on my Facebook that isn't a MySpace angle. That's so 2006.

And because I'm scared to death of dying.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/183/140 (lowest 168)

Height: 5'7

I finally caved and set my goal to lose 140lbs when I got serious with someone I had met online. He saw pictures of me, and knew I was overweight, but I really thought I never had a real chance unless I got to a reasonable size.

94lbs later, we are happy, and plan to marry.

But I will say, I picked up so many better reasons along the way.
-stop the blood sugar lows and bad feelings associated with IR
-stop feeling like crap all the time, being the big girl
-to be able to look in a mirror and not cringe
-fit better in clothes
-take control of my life
-feel sexy for once
Panacea86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #13  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I have so many reasons, some are more important than others:

I started this journey because I was diagnosed with diabetes and I don't want to die young, lose my sight, have parts amputated, etc. (I am now off all meds for it, ).

My husband and I are adopting children from foster care. The kids have been through enough in their little lives, they deserve a mom who can keep up with them, is a good role model, and who is doing her best to not die while they are still young.

I would like to maybe have 1 pregnancy while I am still young enough and I want to be healthy for that.

I don't want my father who will be 8- in January to have to worry about his child's health.

I want to be here to grow old with my husband.

I want to hike and climb mountains and that is tough to do when you are more than 100 pounds overweight.

I would like to enjoy looking at pictures of myself.

I want to weigh less than my hubby.

I don't want to be afraid of letting my hubby pick me up.

When hubby and I move back home to my hometown of Panama City, Florida, I want to finally be comfortable on the beach.

I'm tired of being too scared of hurting myself to wear heels.

I want my ex to be sorry and my hubby's ex to be jealous.

I want to be the hot chick driver that my car deserves.

There's this skirt ...

There is someone in my family that I am hoping will be inspired to make some healthy changes too.

I want to be able to shop wherever I darn well please!

There is someone who actually had the nerve to tell me I couldn't do it.

I've discovered that I like the look of muscle on me.

As for why I never did it before, I was a lazy, self-indulgent, spoiled brat.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I started because I work in a skilled nursing facility and see older adults who have a wide variety of health problems. I want to take the weight off while I still can.
Along the journey, I have come to realize that I am doing it for myself and because I am worth it and I am worth taking care of.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

So that I never have to wonder what if....
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote