South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #1  

Default Does Anyone Make the Bean Muffins?

I've collected quite a few SB muffin recipes using beans, but I haven't tried any yet.

Anyone make any of the bean muffin recipes? They actually look pretty good, and since I'm definitely no food snob, I bet I'd like them.

Anyone make them? I've found different recipes on different websites, and boy are they creative!
bkofmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #2  

I have made the bean brownies adding some natural pb and then baking in a bread/loaf pan...YUM!!!! I slice it and top with cream cheese with my coffee for bfast some mornings... or in the fall I do enjoy the pumpkin bean muffins.. ok, now I need to go bake! LOL!
Wendalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I used to make the ones with pumpkin and white beans. Very yummy but a different texture. I tried the coffee cake once with blueberries. Both had white beans. What I learned for myself is that these foods, while OP, are too reminiscent for me of baked goods and I tend to overeat them. So I don't make them anymore. And never dared try the brownies! If you have self control, I think they are great and you should definitely try some.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Despite my many years of SBDing, I have never tried any of the baked goods for the same reason as Waisting Time. One is not enough although they are healthy. I have come to the conclusion that baked goods, aside from ww breads, are not part of what I eat these days. (Being Type II diabetic also has had some influence on my decision.)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

When I first started SBD many years ago, I was gung-ho on making both the bean muffins and the bean brownies; but, alas, I quickly discovered that if they were in the house, I was compelled to eat them until they were gone. I'm better off without having that kind of stuff around, even if they are SBD friendly.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I have no self control either so nope - unless I am in a pinch to bring something to the office.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #7  

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I'm definitely going to try them. I would think the beans in them are so filling, it's hard to really binge on them. We'll see!

I haven't seen any made with pumpkin; I'm going to have to do a search for that one!
bkofmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I must have done something wrong. I've tried two different recipes and let me just say... I was easily able to stop myself from eating them. They tasted like beans.

Maybe I just need to try a different recipe?
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #9  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I've tried the plain white bean muffins:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/brea...n-muffins.html

And I've done the single-serving muffin-in-a-bowl:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/brea...h-muffins.html

For the white bean muffins, even though I followed the directions they stuck to the muffin tin and I had to scrape them out and they looked like ugly blobs. Next time I will use cupcake liners or something. They were VERY sweet, so I didn't want to overeat them.

For the muffin-in-a-bowl, it is delicious and easy and I definitely recommend! They're a little plain, so I add some cream cheese or cottage cheese on top, or throw in few blueberries on phase 2, or something. But after some time on Phase 1, this really feels like bread.
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote