Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #1  

Default Cheesie binge

I weight myself every Sunday and last weigh was 350.6 down 21 pounds.

Last night I ate almost a whole big bag of cheesies and had 2 liters of water with them. I got up today and jumped on the scale and up to 354 now I know I did not gain 4 pounds from the cheesies but would they hold my water as I feel real bloated also.

Please let me know so I can find another treat.

Thanks
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #2  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

What are cheesies? Are they Like Cheetos?
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #3  

Yes. Humpty Dumpty Cheesies..
Will they do that!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #4  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Most likely. Since cheetos have a huge amount of sodium so I assume that these cheesies you're talking about most likely do too.

Last edited by hpnodat; 08-23-2011 at 08:45 PM.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #5  

Ok thanks. Never really looked at the sodium in them before.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #6  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

Oh yeah, the weight gain is probably mostly bloat from the sodium and the weight of all those cheesies sitting in your intestines. Drink plenty of water to help flush the water weight away and wait a day or two for the cheesies to, um, run their course through your system and I bet you'll be right back where you were before you ate them.

P.S. I LOVE cheetos (which I guess is the American version of cheesies?), they are a huge weakness of mine. I can't keep them in the house because I'll eat the whole bag, especially the jalapeno cheddar ones.

Last edited by Latchkey Princess; 08-24-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Why not just have a couple of peices of real cheese? It would be better for you then the cheesies.

I used to binge on cheesies but now they make me gag ever since I gave up all processed foods in favour of real food. (meat, fish, veggies, fruit, cheeses, healthy fats and oils, water, tea and one coffee a day)
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cheesies are lighter than Cheetos; they are full of air & grease & salt ... so they will definitely make you hold water. I find them too greasy & salty now; and they don't fit into my plan. You do need to find another snack, as a whole bag adds up to a lot of calories, my Canadian friend.

Do you like Microwave Light Popcorn? You can get them in 100 or 300 calorie bags -- 100 cal bags taste OK, but the 300 bags have some butter/favor ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I'm always baffled when my weight jumps up like that. For me it's wine. If I have a night out with friends and sharing a bottle or two, my weight can fluctuate by 5 pounds over night. I'm sure there are things along with it that I'm not realizing, but in the end I'm sure that it's water weight to be that drastic. However, I find getting those pounds off are much harder than putting them on overnight. That's what's frustrating. That's why I always get frustrated with myself for putting myself in the position to gain those pounds. But I'm constantly also trying to remind myself that I can't shut myself off from life and that I need to adjust my new eating habits to my life outside of the house....

Anyway, I digress... I agree with others. It's most likely the sodium and that it's not good to eat a whole bag of those at a time also because of the calories. I'm not so much into cheetos as I am into cheese puffs. They're full of air and processed cheese flavoring, but so addictive. So now I don't even look at them in the grocery store. I like to pretend they don't exist.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I binged yesterday on cheese whiz & crackers.
up two lb this morning

I know it's sodium & the sheer "volume" of the food
but still...
not a happy way to start off the new year
a little mad at myself

but I will take a nice long walk today & thank the goddesses that tomorrow is back to regular routine & I can get off this holiday-food roller coaster

I have been plateaued since T'giving ~sigh~

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 01-01-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote