Old 08-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default Dr. Greger - Vegan MD - Latest in Clinical Nutrition - hundreds of videos now online

Dr. Michael Greger is known for sifting through thousands of medical studies every year and sharing the best and most current tips on nutrition. He busts myths and provides some pretty eye opening facts. He compiles his info on annual DVDs that can be purchased with all proceeds benefiting the Humane Society. Dr. Greger is the Director of Public Health and Animal Agriculture at the Humane Society of the United States.

He has just launched a new website offering hundreds of short videos about just about everything we need to know to get and stay healthy.

http://nutritionfacts.org/

I own the first 4 of his DVDs and look forward to the new videos on his site.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

That is awesome stuff. I just watched the cold brewing tea one. I also saw the one about how a vegetarian diet may alter our gene expression of an important enzyme and result in a longer life.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:40 PM   #3  
Ghost

S/C/G: 220 lbs / 200 lbs / 140 lbs

Height: 5'5"

Oh, wow! I didn't expect to see Dr. Greger being mentioned here. That's awesome! He's kind of an oddball, but he's a'ight.

He also has an app worth mentioning called "Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen" where people following a whole-foods, plant-based diet can check off how many serving of each of the following categories that they've had (the more, the better): beans, berries, other fruits, cruciferous vegetables, greens, other vegetables, flaxseeds, nuts and seeds, herbs and spices, whole grains, beverages and "exercise".

Here's one of his best smoothie recipes, in case any of y'all are into that
Ingredients:
1 carrot
1 celery stick
A bit of a fresh turmeric root
¼ of a beet
1 scallion onion
½ of a bell pepper
1 cup of kale
1 cup of parsley
¼ of a jalapeño pepper
¼ of a lemon (zest and juice)
1 cup of tomato juice
1 cup of ice cubes
Some black pepper
A bit of horse radish

Instructions:
1. Wash veggies.
2. Chop veggies.
3. Blend veggies.
4. Drink veggies.

Last edited by VeganRodent; 03-06-2020 at 07:41 PM.
VeganRodent is offline   Reply With Quote