Old 08-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #1  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Default What happens if you can't eat the veggies?

I am not a big green vegetable person... and the few I can eat I have literally started gagging on because I've had them so much I started this diet.

I have not been able to gag any down all weekend. Every time I try it literally makes me ill.

Is this going to make the diet not work?
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #2  
Man on a mission

Absolutely, veggies are a big part of this diet. Well any diet actually. If you cant eat veggies, then i dont know what you have left to eat besides protein. Carb and fruit are not allowed on this diet. If you werent eathing veggies before that might be the main reason of your weight gain.
rooster on a diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #3  
Melting Mama

I ate some before, but a big variety (mostly the ones on the restricted or no list) - and I didn't have to eat a few over and over.

My biggest problem was we ate out daily before. (seriously we ate at least 6 meals a week out) Unfortunately that was normally drive thru.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #4  
Man on a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
I ate some before, but a big variety (mostly the ones on the restricted or no list) - and I didn't have to eat a few over and over.

My biggest problem was we ate out daily before. (seriously we ate at least 6 meals a week out) Unfortunately that was normally drive thru.
Theres your answer. You will have to relearn new foods and veggies on this diet. Well veggies you already know but prepare in a different way or ways. And if you cant do it there other diet out there that are lest restrictive and maybe more suitable for you. But i wouild say give it a try and you will see for your self. Good luck.
rooster on a diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Why not trying to make a soup? There are plenty of recipes in the IP sticky. I know I'll be eating my veggies this way come fall winter. I tend to be heavy on veggies and light on broth when I make my soup lol so make sure you don't eat more than you are supposed to.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Bummer, this diet has got to be rough on the non-veggie person. Do you like salad at all? You can eat 2 big salads a day if so. Your tastes might change as you continue on IP. I know mine have. I hated the IP & WF foods at the start and now like some of them. Good luck!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

ALSO try veggies you never had before. Or cook them in a new way. You might find out that Roasting them in the oven tastes 100 percent better than steaming them. (it is soooo true for me at least LOL)
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

If you could add spinach & cabbage to your salad, that helps!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #9  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

I second the idea of putting them in soups. If you purée them along with the soup in a blender, with some extra liquid, the veggies have much less bulk and go down easier. For example, I cook 2 cups sliced bell pepper in water on the stove then add the peppers and water to the blender plus the tomato basil IP soup packet and voila - a delicious soup. I steam cauli and broccoli and blend with the IP leek soup mix. I do the same with mushrooms and the mushroom soup mix. You get the picture. IP is more than a diet. It's a lifestyle change an veggies have to be a part of that change for the rest of our lives. And the health benefits are enormous. Good luck!
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #10  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I do believe that if you read the recipes on this site, you'd be amazed how much stuff you can do with your vegetables, things that never occured to you before.

My favorite things that I've learned from in here for example and that I LOVED are how to use cauliflower in such a way to subsitute rice and mashed potatoes. Also how to make Kale ships ! That was unheard of for me before and now I am enjoying eating my vegetables in a different way.

Please don't give up, try experimenting with lots of spices, it adds taste and always read about the recipes in order to get new ideas.

Good luck.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #11  
Melting Mama

Thanks everyone, I am going to read that thread on my lunch hour.

I am going to pick up some more soup packs next time I'm at the clinic. I only have cream of chicken and mushroom at home from my starter pack.

Tuscany thanks for the tip - I had to puree veggies for my son when he was little and sneak it into sauces, I don't know why I didn't think of doing the same for me. Duh.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #12  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

I started making my own dressings with the WF mayo. I know the mayo looks and tastes disgusting but these recipes have actually been really good.

You just have to be creative with your fav seasonings.

1. Dill
- 1tbsp WF mayo
- tsp vinegar/water
- tons of dill

2. Curry
- 1 tbsp WF mayo
- tsp vinegar/water
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- tons of curry

3. Mrs Dash (I love this one for dipping my veggies)
- 1 tbsp WF mayo
- 1 tsp vinegar/water
- tons of Mrs Dash (herb & garlic is my fav)

4. Mustard
- 1 tbsp WF mayo
- tsp vinegar/water
- Yellow mustard or Dijon mustard
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #13  
sas
SAS

S/C/G: 200/200/137

Height: 5.4

try baby spinach and make a salad. Mushrooms are great cooked too. You got your son to eat the veggies. What happened to your veggie servings?

If you find one you can eat. You can stick to that for a bit and then try others.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #14  
Melting Mama

Thanks Yvette. I will have to try and find the WF Mayo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas View Post
try baby spinach and make a salad. Mushrooms are great cooked too. You got your son to eat the veggies. What happened to your veggie servings?

If you find one you can eat. You can stick to that for a bit and then try others.
They were hidden in sauces
Old 08-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

OK. I have been reading everything I can about this diet, both here and other blogs. I am trying to see if others have lost as slowly as I am, there are a few, but very few. I have not cheated at all.

Your veggie dilema was addressed on one of the IP "testimonial" sites. So PLEASE PEOPLE DON'T JUMP MY CASE, they said there was a powder called "Greens First" that you can add to your drinks. It had been approved by their IP coaches. They recommended to try it for either your dinner or lunch veggies. Maybe something to look into. Check with your coach.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote