Old 08-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Talking Last Week=No Loss, This Week=5.6 Lost With 2 Simple Changes

Hi Everyone,

Well, I want to thank you all who responded to my post last week when I was disappointed because I did not have any lost inches or pounds. I was so encouraged by what you said and I'm glad I didn't give up.

I didn't think I had done anything differently than in weeks previous but I know I was hungrier. I wondered if it might have been because I was waiting too late to eat breakfast after getting up (like an hour or more usually). I also noticed that everytime I drank coffee (half caff.), I was a lot hungrier during the day.

So, I decided to try going back to tea in the morning and having breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up this past week. Lo and behold, I lost 5.6 pounds and over 4 inches! That's more than I lost my very first week OP!

Anyway, I'm passing on these two tips in case anyone else is having the same problem. Hope they help!

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfromtexas View Post
Hi Everyone,

Well, I want to thank you all who responded to my post last week when I was disappointed because I did not have any lost inches or pounds. I was so encouraged by what you said and I'm glad I didn't give up.

I didn't think I had done anything differently than in weeks previous but I know I was hungrier. I wondered if it might have been because I was waiting too late to eat breakfast after getting up (like an hour or more usually). I also noticed that everytime I drank coffee (half caff.), I was a lot hungrier during the day.

So, I decided to try going back to tea in the morning and having breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up this past week. Lo and behold, I lost 5.6 pounds and over 4 inches! That's more than I lost my very first week OP!

Anyway, I'm passing on these two tips in case anyone else is having the same problem. Hope they help!

Karen

GREAT JOB KAREN!!!...way to go, see you are experimenting and finding things that work and don't work for you. That is great. Thanks for passing along your find! Keep up the great work!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations!!!
neek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #4  
I know I can

Thanks Karen. I will try this.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Great job! I too notice better losses when I:

1). Don't drink any coffee
2). Don't use any Mio or water enhancers
3). Don't use any WF products
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #6  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

thanks for that hint Karen. I'm having a bootcamp week so I'll try that. I want to lose 20 lbs this month and I've lost 14.10 so far. I'd like to have a really good loss next week so I don't have to worry about making my goal the next week.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

WTG!! I usually wait until I get to work to eat my breakfast. I will have to try drinking my shake earlier to see if I have better results!
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #8  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

That's so encouraging!! Thanks for sharing and way to go!!
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Good observations which led you to success. Today was my first day back to work (which is school) and it really pointed out to me how critical the breakfast timing is. early morning has never been my favorite time to eat so breakfast has always been an issue for me. In the summer I get up a bit later and the RTD shakes work great at around 8 am.
But I had to be out by 7 this morning and I took my supplements first. I just can't eat anything after I take the omega 3 capsule, so it was recess time before I got my shake. Then driving between schools at lunch upset my lunch schedule and the whole day has been off, I am now trying to fit my 3rd protein in later in the evening but have a really bad headache which hasn't happened since the 3rd day on program.

So even before I read your post I was thinking, the only way this will work is if I really stick to a schedule of having that shake as soon as I wake up, then everything else falls into place.
Congratulations on your great success this week. What a great boost.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #10  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Good observations which led you to success. Today was my first day back to work (which is school) and it really pointed out to me how critical the breakfast timing is. early morning has never been my favorite time to eat so breakfast has always been an issue for me. In the summer I get up a bit later and the RTD shakes work great at around 8 am.
But I had to be out by 7 this morning and I took my supplements first. I just can't eat anything after I take the omega 3 capsule, so it was recess time before I got my shake. Then driving between schools at lunch upset my lunch schedule and the whole day has been off, I am now trying to fit my 3rd protein in later in the evening but have a really bad headache which hasn't happened since the 3rd day on program.

So even before I read your post I was thinking, the only way this will work is if I really stick to a schedule of having that shake as soon as I wake up, then everything else falls into place.
Congratulations on your great success this week. What a great boost.
I am returning to school also and find that my timing needs fine tuning. I have to leave at 7 also, so it means a very early breakfast. Plus, when you teach, you are so busy that I forget about water.
Plan of action: make lunch ahead and take water bottles to make sure I get the water.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #11  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfromtexas View Post
Hi Everyone,

Karen
That is a great loss! and a great job of staying on the plan. Good ideas to try.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I am returning to school also and find that my timing needs fine tuning. I have to leave at 7 also, so it means a very early breakfast. Plus, when you teach, you are so busy that I forget about water.
Plan of action: make lunch ahead and take water bottles to make sure I get the water.
Yes, this is a very common pattern for teachers. You are so busy all day you either don't take time to eat or do eat but are not really processing that you are eating and don't really enjoy it. Then when the kids leave and you are preparing for the next day and into the evening the floodgates open and you grab whatever you can quickly.

It is amazing how you multitask during the day and are processing so much at once in teaching.
So actually I think this program will fit in well when I get back in the swing of things as so much it grab and go. The big thing is to make sure the salads are ready, and the water is important too.

I'm not in the classroom anymore, I am doing assessments for special needs funding. So a lot of my time is driving between schools which is more eating on the run.
I hope I am seeing good progess by Christmas as the middle term is terribly busy due to govenment deadlines.

Pat

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #13  

Great loss! I find I stay full longer if I have my shake in coffee. Why do you think the no coffee thing helped? Maybe I should try it.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #14  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Great job! I too notice better losses when I:

1). Don't drink any coffee
2). Don't use any Mio or water enhancers
3). Don't use any WF products

Hi there!

I did not think that coffee would make a difference! I will try to stop coffee and have green tea instead. Thank you for sharing that with us.

About WF, do you think it makes a difference? it's all 0 everything!
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I believe it is the total "fakeness" of WF that has an effect on my body. I have found that I am very sensitive to fake sweetners and WF is chock full of them. And just because it is 0 everything, doesnt' mean there aren't trace amounts, and eventually they start to add up. Same thing with the Mio.

As for the coffee, I have no idea why, it just is.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote