Old 08-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Somebody STOP me!

My friend dropped off homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for hubby, she knows I am doing IP, so she left 1 piece off for him. He is out to dinner with clients. I just went out to the fridge, after eating my IP dinner and took out the cake, took off the wrap and smelled it and put it back. I don't know if I can hold-out all evening, so depressed after almost 7weeks and slow losses. Somebody tell me why I shouldn't eat it! HELP!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #2  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

How are going to feel AFTER you scarf it down?

You'll just want another piece (What the **** right?) and then you'll feel that much more disgusting and depressed.

DON'T DO IT!
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

If you so much as smell that piece of cake again, I'll hunt you down with my pitchfork and sharp fangs, and wherever you are, I'll find you and make your life miserable!!! Be warned! Step away from the fridge girl. Good luck! lol
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

Stay strong and don't be disappointed by the slow weight loss. I'm not on IP so I wouldn't know how you can speed up your loss on your plan, but maybe you should try tweaking things up? NOt with carrot cake lol but I'm sure you can find something more suited to IP. Wish you all the best.
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #5  

I was thinking more like it might trick my body... but probably not so much. I am just staying out of the kitchen until hubby gets home. I txt him and told him there was a piece waiting for him, now I can't eat it! This has been my worst impatient day since starting IP, just pacing around, drinking tons of H2O, cleaning, basically driving myself nuts! I am glad I have a super-busy day tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Ok here ya go and remember I am going to be honest... Sorry if TMI. Last night I had a major binge after being on this program almost 7 weeks. It was a emotional binge so I will assure you there was a whole lot more consumed than a piece of carrot cake. Let me just say I was probably over my carb limit by about 2 weeks. I was soooo sick last night that I threw up 4 times. I am the girl that refuses to do so even when I have the flu because it makes me cry. Today I woke up and felt like I was hung over. I have been super hungry all day and have been doing boot camp and probably will till monday...

I know it is only a piece of carrot cake but if you don't want to eat it I hope this helps you to stay away.
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #7  

I really don't want to eat it, I am looking for some kind of satisfaction for being so good for 7 weeks. I have been good through at least 8 parties/picnics, including 2 at my home that both included tons of yummies. I just feel anxious today, not my usual personality.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Well you did well by coming on here and distracting yourself....Pat on the back for that!!....you know that the cake won't taste as good as you thought it would so its just not worth it. Why don't you go get a pedicure or something tomorrow to reward yourself? I know how hard you have been struggling and didn't you have a good weight lose last week....-3.2lbs I believe!!...hang in there you know we are all behind you 100% so stick to it, post on here and get your mind off of that cake!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

I know EXACTLY how you feel. And by that I do mean exactly. I have 3/4 of a carrot cake sitting in my fridge at this moment! It was my fathers birthday on Monday and every year he asks me to make it for him... And the rest is now sitting in there. I give it the stare down every single time I open the refrigerator door. I just keep telling myself that once I am done with IP I will be able to have a slice of carrot cake on a cheat day. It isn't gone forever, just for now!

Stay strong, my dear. The small satisfaction of eating it is not worth being kicked out of ketosis OR the stall that you will experience and perhaps even the GAIN.
Lalison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #10  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Leave the house....right now! Take a drive through a nice neighborhood, go to the mall, visit a friend........you really DO NOT want that. You have control over your food. And honestly, if you had one bite right now, you would find it to be soooooo sickening sweet it would disgust you, mentally and physically. You DO NOT want that cake!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Don't do it! You will feel horrible about it much longer than you will enjoy the taste.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #12  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I am cutting and pasting here so will try to make it different colours.
First from you on another thread

I too am a slow loser, this is my 7th week and I am only down 15 lbs. I weigh again on friday, but today is wednesday and I am exactly the same as I was last friday. I get down about it too, but the ladies here come along and cheer me right up! When I broke my neck and back and had no food or H2O for a month, I only lost 20 lbs and my doctor said most people would have lost double that and that was when I was only 28 yrs old, so I have always been a really slow loser and now being 53, post meno & hypo thyroid, it is ever dragging more. I was just talking with Hubby today at his lunch break and I truly wonder if it is worth it. I gain so very easily and I truly don't eat much or poorly... hmmmm

I have been thinking about this since you put it on another thread earlier. The part about thinking is it worth it. I too am a slow loser for mostly the same reasons. So we know it is going to be a longer haul than for most people. But I think you have to took at it from a different perpective, where would you be if you hadn't been doing this for the past 7 weeks. 15 pounds heavier than you are now. You are averaging about 2 pounds a week while is not bad at all. If you keep going at that rate in another 7 weeks you will be down 30 pounds. That would make a huge difference.

Lastly words of wisdown from WUV2BLOVED on another thread:

Y'all and those SCALES!!!!!!.....y'all are putting MORE STRESS in y'all lives than NEED to be!!!!....If I could reach though this screen and get each and every one of y'all scales I would do it! I lost 1.5 lbs its a loss, it takes time.

HAHAHA...good one Patns....I really would if I could too!......lol
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #13  

DON'T DO IT! I really like Patns post because if you were doing this on WW you would be rejoicing at losing over 2 pounds a week! Then add another 7 weeks and it would be 30, so much better than gaining. Right now it is just a lifestyle change, I know the promises about losing big, blah, blah, blah, but so what, you are losing weight! I'm giving myself the talk too, just hang in there. TAke one day at a time and move forward.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #14  

Ok, took a walk around the block. Admired my stone wall that the mason's are building, just awesome. I just feel wound-up, like I had a ton of caffeine, which I have not. Maybe it's a full moon tonight, it definitely makes me restless.

Too funny about the carrot cake. The potatoe salad, cookies, hot sausages did not bother me, but man o man that carrot cake. I know how good it is, she's made it before. You are probably right, it would seem sickening sweet. When I was young, 20's I ran and I never and I mean never ate sugar and very few carbs. Actually food combined for training. I was thin and muscular. One day my BF ( now hubby for 29 yrs) brought me a donut and I said I don't eat sugar and he said just a bite, it nearly made me puke. I wish I felt that way now.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
HAHAHA...good one Patns....I really would if I could too!......lol
I thought if that didn't scare her nothing would, I'd bet you could clean out all the carrot cake too while doing battle with the scales.

Sorry Bella, but I had such a laugh at picturing her coming through all those screens!

Last edited by patns; 08-17-2011 at 07:51 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote