Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Monday, August 15

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Glad to have Monday back eating wise but not so much being back at work. The scale finally moved a pound this morning so that's nice to see. I unofficially hit a new decade!

I had a NSV this morning also! I had to strap my bra on the 3rd (the tightest) set of hooks instead of the last. That was exciting. Most of the time it was tight on the last set.

I also took a picture this morning to use as my avatar so you can put a face with a name. I know I like to do that. (It's a corny self portrait in my bathroom but you still get the idea.)

Have a great week. Good luck to those with Monday weigh ins!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 08-15-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. I am up early to exercise before my WI and then off to a workshop. It is hard to leave my vacation mode and go back to work, but necessary! I have my lunch made and water bottles available. I am ready for an OP day!

I like your picture itsabout time! You look great. The scale finally moved for me also today..down a pound..glad it did for you as well.

Last edited by Maile; 08-15-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, hope you all had a nice week-end.

WI#2 today, feeling quite bloated and heavy due to "c" but i guess, even if its not a big loss today, overall it will even out eventually...i just keep having to tell myself that, lol.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #5  

Good luck to both of you!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/137.2/125 - Age 25

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone,
I woke up feeling lightheaded today and had a tightness in my chest on the way to work. Freaked me right out....I ate my protein bar in the car and had half a bottle of water and it went away. Anyone experience that before?

I wonder if its my lack of eating yesterday. I had a bar for breakfast, vanilla drink for lunch and half a can of white tuna with a cup of field greens. I woke up late so I wasn't so hungry since I crammed my meals only a couple of hours apart...ugh!

Otherwise, everything has been going well, I hope it is for everyone else too! I lost some more weight so I'm quite happy about that!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Good morning! Glad to have Monday back eating wise but not so much being back at work. The scale finally moved a pound this morning so that's nice to see. I unofficially hit a new decade!

I had a NSV this morning also! I had to strap my bra on the 3rd (the tightest) set of hooks instead of the last. That was exciting. Most of the time it was tight on the last set.

I also took a picture this morning to use as my avatar so you can put a face with a name. I know I like to do that. (It's a corny self portrait in my bathroom but you still get the idea.)

Have a great week. Good luck to those with Monday weigh ins!
Nice to put a face to a name, I just have not been able to figure out how to get one on here. lol. My husband is an IT guy and he said he didn't know why I couldn't figure it out. Could YOU help me? He said that isn't the kind of computer stuff he does.

I have 39 lbs to go and I am losing so slow, It has shattered my "by Christmas goal" 'cause I don't think that is happening. I am giving IP 3 more weeks and then switching to alternatives, it is costing wayyyyyyyy too much for so few pounds compared to others. I took a peak this morning at the scales, I know, I know, I shouldn't and it was up 1 lb. WTH? I was thinking it would be down for sure, since I was busy over the weekend.

Rainy in upstate NY today, we need the rain, but it was not good for the races at Watkins Glen this weekend. It figures when something is going on, it decides to rain.

Well, back to finish cleaning. Monday is my clean, change linens day. Have a good one!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

So I am down -4.6 this week YAY!! I have had dreams the last 2 nights that I am cheating with things like broccli with butter or meat with ranch. I wake up and and totaly freak out because it is soooo real!! I know it is not the normal major cheat foods and I have not even had cravings for these things but it is so strange! I think it's I have been watching the spices I put on things so carefully because I have noticed a lot of them have 1 to 2 carbs per serving (1/4 tsp) and it is real easy to use a full tsp of seasoning. I looked through a lot of threads yesterday to make my own taco seasoning and what not.

So glad it is Monday and I am back to regular routine. Weekends are so tough. I don't eat at normal times and it throws me off big time.

Congrats on all the losses and NSV's I know everyone will have today. Everyone stay strong and be proud of what you have accomplished
Old 08-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Anyone else suffer from loose watery bm's while on IP? I'm also having to go 3-4x a day
Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblues4 View Post
Anyone else suffer from loose watery bm's while on IP? I'm also having to go 3-4x a day
yes! lol I'm still trying to figure it out...I think mine is from the oil in my salad dressing. I'm going back and forth between that and constipation. I am going to try probiotics and fibre pills this week. My coach told me to try black licorice too....???
Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
So I am down -4.6 this week YAY!! I have had dreams the last 2 nights that I am cheating with things like broccli with butter or meat with ranch. I wake up and and totaly freak out because it is soooo real!! I know it is not the normal major cheat foods and I have not even had cravings for these things but it is so strange! I think it's I have been watching the spices I put on things so carefully because I have noticed a lot of them have 1 to 2 carbs per serving (1/4 tsp) and it is real easy to use a full tsp of seasoning. I looked through a lot of threads yesterday to make my own taco seasoning and what not.

So glad it is Monday and I am back to regular routine. Weekends are so tough. I don't eat at normal times and it throws me off big time.

Congrats on all the losses and NSV's I know everyone will have today. Everyone stay strong and be proud of what you have accomplished
Congrats on the great loss!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Nice to put a face to a name, I just have not been able to figure out how to get one on here. lol. My husband is an IT guy and he said he didn't know why I couldn't figure it out. Could YOU help me? He said that isn't the kind of computer stuff he does.

I have 39 lbs to go and I am losing so slow, It has shattered my "by Christmas goal" 'cause I don't think that is happening. I am giving IP 3 more weeks and then switching to alternatives, it is costing wayyyyyyyy too much for so few pounds compared to others. I took a peak this morning at the scales, I know, I know, I shouldn't and it was up 1 lb. WTH? I was thinking it would be down for sure, since I was busy over the weekend.

Rainy in upstate NY today, we need the rain, but it was not good for the races at Watkins Glen this weekend. It figures when something is going on, it decides to rain.

Well, back to finish cleaning. Monday is my clean, change linens day. Have a good one!
Go to User CP at the top of the page. Click Edit Avatar. Go to the bottom of the page and click Use Custom Avatar and then Browse for one off your computer. Hope that helps!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post

Weekends throw me off too! Nice loss. Looks like you've had lots of good losses.....keep it up!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #14  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thank you MOvingon for starting the daily thread. I made it to the 140s officially today!!! Granted, I weighed in at 149.9, but I took a picture of the health-o-meter... The big thing says "100"... not "150", and not "200". It said "200" when I started.

Have a great week everyone. Onward and downward!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #15  
Mom Wife Sister Vicki

S/C/G: 131/127/117

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default new to this site and new to IP

I just started IP yesterday, it went ok. I weighed myself sunday and I was 131, this morning I was 127, is this even possible?
Closed Thread