Old 08-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default Best Calorie counting website out there??

Okay...after three kids right in a row I'm back where I started 4 years ago..*sigh* Please help me. What's the best calorie counter that's easy to use? I don't remember which one I was using at the time but I do remember that I was able to enter things like "Subway" and it knew what I was talking about and the calories.

My mom and I are doign it together this time and she needs something easy to use as well.

Any help appreciated!!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #2  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

My fav is Calorie Count (caloriecount.about.com). I tried FitDay and found it was really lacking in how many foods/brands it had. I also found Calorie Count a lot easier to use, and it's got more content like articles and forums etc if you are into any of those perks.
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

My absolute favorite is called Lose It! (website is just loseit.com) I have lost weight using it before and its super easy to use. Plus if your mom signs up too you both can add each other to your 'friend list's and be able to see each other's log for the day, you can comment on each other's activity too. Good motivation. Another cool thing is it gives you 'badges' for achieving set goals like 10 lbs, logging your calories for certain periods of time its really cool.
Yet ANOTHER cool thing is if you or your mom have smart phones, LoseIt is also an app in the Droid and Iphone marketplace. That was you can always have calorie tracking capabilities while on the go. I have the app on my phone and it is super convenient!
Check it out I'm sure you'll love it.
whatupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/154/135

Height: 5'4"

I like mynetdiary . com; it's not fancy but it has a lot of foods pre-entered (I live in France and I even find local grocery store foods from here!)

There is also an iphone app, and when you enter info online it immediately shows up on your iphone, and vice versa. I have the free version of the iphone app.

I love it - there are lots, but this one works for me!
SJtangerines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

A lot of people like MyFitnessPal, and LiveStrong seems popular as well. I'm using FitDay, but it definitely has its flaws, and I'm only really sticking with it now because it would be a huge hassle to copy over all my data and custom foods.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I used Sparkpeople.com for a long time, but I've now switched to MyFitnessPal.com. Both are free. Myfitnesspal is GREAT if you make a lot of your own stuff...it's recipe calculator options are really easy to use.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I use CalorieCount.com. I usually have to create my own recipes because I am vegetarian and often cook from scratch with my Nepali husband. I eat Subway alot ;0 It has all the available packaged foods. I look up anything that's missing and can input that in another "custom foods" category, which I like. I have lots of Nepali or Scandinavian products not available.

I also like NutritionData.com. I've used for about two or three years. It's got more funding sources and has jumped on to the bandwagon for catchy graphics and such. It used to be strictly nutrition based. I use that to look up the exact amounts then input in to CalorieCount. I think NutritionData also has a calorie counting site (but I was already on CalorieCount when it started). Once you start logging in your preferences, custom foods, and such, it's hard to switch.

Enjoy. I've found calorie counting to be such an educational experience. I really have learned portion control. I call little tiny (misleading) foods that pack a huge calorie punch--nuclear food. I now look for foods that take up as much room on the plate as possible with the lowest calories (like lettuce and watermelon).
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #8  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I use www.myfitnesspal.com as well. i think its the best by far, I also love the android and iphone app, it is so easy to use!! (blackberry has an app too )
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/125

Height: 5'3"

calorieking.com
Abigail207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #10  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

I love thedailyplate (livestrong)
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #11  
Aiming to be a fitmom!

S/C/G: 371.4/ticker/150

I use DailyPlate too (livestrong). I used it a few years ago and wasn't too happy to see it had changed when i returned recently but after a week, i know where everything is. You can add meals you eat regularly, add recipes and add foods to their database.
fatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #12  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I love dailyplate at livestrong, too. You can track everything, and it has a massive database. Plus, I love the nutrition and exercise articles as well.
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #13  
Restricting my way down..

S/C/G: 213/ticker/160now150!

I use MyFitnessPal which has extensive databases for both food & exercise choices. I like the personalization too--if you want to make your own "meal", you can store all the ingredients together.
ScottieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/296/160

Height: 5'10

I use fatsecret.com. It has all of what the others have, plus a forum and journal and buddies. They also have apps for smartphones. The database is HUGE, you can also use your phone to scan the barcode of your food and it adds it for you. It is VERY easy to use and has a GREAT homepage that shows you exactly where you're at for the day, week, month. You can see what other peoples goals are and what type of foods they are eating.

Hope this helps...good luck
sheshalesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

myfooddiary.com is great!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote