Old 08-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #1  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

Talking Just looking for some support

I had a really bad experience last week at my weight watchers meeting. My goal is 125 and I am at 136. My leader told me that I may not be able to lose anymore weight, gave me no suggestions at all and then told me I exercise too much. I do a boxing for fitness class Monday- Friday for an hour. If I am not too exhausted I will get up before work and walk/ or jog for about 30 minutes (which doesn't happened much). I usually end up with about 40 exercise points a week. I eat about 20 of those on average to keep the weight loss going. I drink about 80-90 ozs of water a day. Eating alot of healthy fats and protein.
Love the online community and the app, but not sure the leaders know what they are talking about sometimes. Not very inspirational either. Makes me wonder why I pay 40 bucks a month for NO support! I dont want to give up because I have gotten this far on the program.
Just looking for some success stories for loosing your last 10 pounds or even some tips! Thank you and happy weight watching!
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

I am no where near your weight, so take this for what it is worth. If I did not feel supported at my meeting, I would find a new meeting with more supportive people. That may be easier said than done depending on where you live. But even I live in the sticks, and I could find a different meeting/leader by just driving 40 minutes.

I believe your normal weight range is 110-145 so I don't think you are unreal about where you want to be.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #3  
Dancing Maddie

Thank you for your kind words Cheryl. I agree. I should feel inspired by my leaders, the nearest meeting is 20 minutes away. Thanks ! I just feel like I am so close and this is the time I need the most support to get there!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't think your leader knows what she is talking about. If it is not feasible to find another meeting, keep going where you are but take what she says with a grain of salt.
I once dropped below goal and my leader told me I should gain weight to get to goal !!!! Guess you know what I thought about that,

Last edited by bargoo; 08-12-2011 at 11:23 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

I'm no expert at all, but as on Biggest Loser, sometimes with all the workouts that you are doing, you actually need to eat a little more...are you eating all your weeklies? AND your activity extras?
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #6  
Dancing Maddie

I am only eating about 20-30 points into my extra points. That is only when I get around 40-50 activity points.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/118.4/123

Height: 5.4

Congrats on you progress so far. I used to be a weight watcher and stopped because the leader was not motivational and the people at the front desk were awful. What your leader said doesn't sound right can you go to another meeting at a different time with another leader?
habakuktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Leaders are only human. They aren't always equipped to deal with certain individual situations.

Is there a reason why she told you that you may not be able to lose more weight? Did you ask her? Are in a stall? Or did she just notice your goal weight and make a comment? I'm curious why she randomly suggested that you change your goal weight.

You are a very active person (which is so wonderful to see!), maybe she assumes you're going to be naturally at the weight you're at now with more muscle?

As a side note: If you are going through a plateau, I hope you're taking measurements and pictures. With all the activity you're doing, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you were losing inches.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #9  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I can comment on leaders. When I first joined WW 30 years ago at 145 to drop 20 pounds, at the newbie meeting the leader told me that the others would resent me because I was THIN. I didn't last long on the program with support like that.

Another attempt a few years later with a few more pounds than that to lose, I attended meetings in a huge hall, with metal folding chairs, split by an aisle down the center, perhaps 10 rows deep. It was not intimate at all and I actually liked blending in. I'm sitting in the last row, minding my own business. The leader is lecturing...she asks a question....crickets. Silence. She says "you, miss white pants sitting in the last row...can you answer my question?" I was mortified. Miss white pants. Are you kidding me?

Over the years, I've experienced the good, the bad and the ignorant.

My current weekly weigh in is at work. It's more of a weigh in and discussion period than a lesson/lecture, but it will keep me honest. I want more from my meetings, tho, so last week I was on vacation and went to 2 meetings nearby. Same location, different days/times, different leaders. The first meeting was fine; I even weighed in. It was topical with some Q&A afterwards. A few days later, I went for the second meeting. Same topic, at first....then a fabulous discussion about getting started, getting back on track, getting serious after a transgression, getting over it, moving on. Then there was some Q&A, and the leader had such a natural rapport with the members....I felt comfortable there. Sadly, it was Thursday at noon, and not convenient for me to attend--but I will seek that leader out if she's holding more convenient to me meetings. She was just what I needed!

Not sure what is lurking in your leader's head. I totally understand your frustration. All you can do, all any of us can do, is stick with it. Your stats are impressive and there's no turning back. If you can find some other meeting days/times, maybe you'd get more satisfaction from your leader.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

My goal is 130, I am at 133.8 right now. I haven't seen much delay for the last ten. My leader said that if I truly want to be 130, then when I get there I'm gonna have to start eating more points per day so that I switch into maintaining mode. I'm still not sure if 130 is where I wanna be though. I picked that number when I first started at 175 pounds and it sounded good at the time. Now I'm thinking maybe 125-120. I'll have to see. But your leader sounds like she's full of bull. Mine never said anything about not being able to loose more. That just sounds odd.

I agree About finding a meeting that works for you. I originally started with one leader, but WW took away that meeting for her bc she had so many meetings. Since then they have swapped in and out two different leaders for that same meeting. I didn't really care for either of them. And apparently neither did anyone else bc our group went from 40 to 15!! I am going to try to start going on a different day so that I can see my original leader. She was supportive and helpful. She had been doin it since the 1980s so I think she knows a thing or two. So good luck finding the right fit as far as leader. And good luck with the last few pounds!!
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote