Old 08-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/209/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Your Best Diet (lifestyle change) Tip

Hello everyone!
As a new member on 3FC, I thought it would be interesting and beneficial to ask you, those that have risen to a lifestyle change challenge and found success doing so, for your most useful tip. Perhaps it has to do with staying motivated, or maybe a favorite recipe, It might be something philosophical, whatever it is, I would love to hear it, and I am sure other newbies (and those that aren't new) could find it helpful on our journeys. Thanks so much, in advance for taking the time to share! God Bless!
TiredOfMySize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Hello fellow SoDakian!!! LOL! Welcome! My best advice is RELAX. Don't be in too much of a hurry to get the weight off. In the past I just set myself up for failure by making goals I would not achieve, then quit. This time around I am just taking my time. I am staying focused but if I don't see a loss, so what. I just keep going. I will get there sooner or later. Another thing is that if you mess up, shake yourself off and move on. Get right back on track. If you have a bad meal, so what. Forget about it and get right back on track for the next one and the next one, etc. And water, drink lots of water and get lots of sleep. And last but not least, don't deprive yourself. Figure out ways you can still have your favorite things (by finding a similar healthier item). Hang out here and you will get lots of ideas!!!!! I am sending you a PM too!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #3  
This is the Last Time!!!

For some reason I can't PM you, but I was just wondering WHERE in SD are you?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #4  

I would try to PM you, but I have no clue how to do it! I am from southeastern south dakota. Where abouts are you? Nice to meet you btw!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

For me it was breaking my habit of "Cracka Cola." Although Coke was my "drug" of choice, really Iused any sweet soda pop to satisfy my sweet tooth and thirst all at once. Drinking soda can really pack on the pounds without you noticing. We tend to be more aware of what we eat than what we drink.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3fc !! I also think the best thing you can do for yourself is relax and don't beat yourself up. Find the lifestyle that works for you and just do it. The second quote in my signature is my new favorite saying and I think it's perfect for what this journey is all about.
LeslieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #7  

Default Guacamole and Leslie

Thank you both for the advice! So true, oftentimes we are so concerned as to the amount/type of food we put in our mouth, we forget about the drinks we consume. Leslie, I am going to copy that second quote and put it everywhere around my house, I love it!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #8  
This is the Last Time!!!

Tired: I am in NE South Dakota, near Milbank.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

I have always considered myself to have an active lifestyle. In the past, if I put on a few extra pounds, I would simply take less lunch to work and eat a smaller dinner at home (in other words....starve lol). Now that I am in my forties; I find this is harder and harder to do. I struggle to stay under 250 lbs (and I frequently go over by a few lbs). My best diet tips are smaller portions and moving more. Walk to the store instead of drive (my biggest weight gain came with my car). Drinking a full glass of water with meals also helps as well as limiting sweets to special occasions making sure to only have a small piece of cake etc. As a child I was always underweight, and we only ate three meals a day with occasional treats like home canned fruit and jams on homeade bread (except for special occasions like birthdays etc.). I think that if I thought back to my habits before I was out on my own; I could get back to a healthier weight.
eightiesbabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote