Old 08-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #1  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Default the good and the bad (and the long post!)

So yesterday I weighed in and saw I was up 2.6 lbs I was within my points this week, although Friday and Saturday were very food friendly and very carb heavy, which isn't good for a Monday weigh-in. But even with over estimating all I ate, I had left over weeklies. And, earlier in the week I worked out several times after work and went for a nearly 2 mile walk Saturday morning. I felt disappointed and frustrated, but when I first weighed in I was determined not to let it derail me.

Of course, 12 hours later when I came home from work and normally would have worked out I said eff it, because what's the point?

And I felt that way today, too. In fact, as much as I hate to admit this: when I went on my dinner break with my packed meal with all the points counted and saw that there was free pizza, I not only ate my dinner, I ate two pieces of pizza. Ohmygod. And, of course, I felt absolutely sick after. Both physically and in that "Why did I do that??" kind of way. But, it was okay, because I had extra daily points anyway I didn't yet know how I'd eat and I just only ate one of my granola bars later in the evening, so I only ended up using 2 weeklies.

Driving home from work I felt like I did last night: that I just did NOT want to work out. But I got home and I immediately changed into my work out clothes and I did my workout. I had to keep myself motivated just to finish it, but I'm SO glad I did because, of course, I feel better. Physically and just in general about the whole situation.

So I gained 2 1/2 lbs this week. I've still lost a total of 31! I'm going to Vegas in November for my 30th birthday and my mini goal right now is to hit 40 lbs by then. 9 lbs in 12 weeks is totally doable. Plus, I keep reminding myself that I worked out four days last week. A year ago that would have been unheard of. And I certainly wouldn't have worked out when I really didn't want to, like I did tonight.

This is a journey, and like any journey there are ups and downs, hills and valleys. What matters is staying focused on the destination, no matter how long it takes us to get there.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
This is a journey, and like any journey there are ups and downs, hills and valleys. What matters is staying focused on the destination, no matter how long it takes us to get there.
Absolutely.

I had a gain just last week. For "no good reason" either. It was just ... extra weight from outer space!

This week I dropped nearly 5 pounds. I wasn't trying for that, and I'm not saying that's completely normal but, if I had given up or just... eaten whatever I wanted after last week's gain... I never would've seen this loss.

It's not the individual weigh-ins. It's the weigh-ins over the course of many months. Of the whole year!

You are doing phenomenally. GOOD FOR YOU for exercising tonight, and putting another foot forward.

As time goes on, this one little blip won't even be a concern. It'll just be a little dot on a huge graph of your weight loss.

Last edited by Lovely; 08-09-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:25 AM   #3  
girl disappearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
As time goes on, this one little blip won't even be a concern. It'll just be a little dot on a huge graph of your weight loss.
That's what I keep telling myself! March was a struggle because I really wasn't following the plan, but here I am now down 30 and it's like March hardly matters in the end!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

I'm in your boat exactly, TR. I had a 1 lb loss last week (surprising -- with my work deadlines, I'll take it -- I barely have time to do anything else!) and then went to a wedding.

And I thought I was being good ... I really did ... but somehow I consumed 55 points that day. I felt like a truck had run over me -- and I had only had a small glass of wine.

You've inspired me to do my full 60 min workout today!

P.S. -- I love your Tudor roses for 5 lbs. I want to steal it for my sig!
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Good for you for finding your motivation and moving forward! That's what it is all about. Even when things get tough and it feels like your efforts are not paying off you pick yourself up and move forward.
I think you have had great success and your doing wonderful. Keep going!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

I have good news for you. There is no way you could have gained if you followed plan, it just must be water retention or TOM. It will be gone next week. Keep up the good work!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post

I had a gain just last week. For "no good reason" either. It was just ... extra weight from outer space!
This made me laugh out loud and spit out my coffee
haha from outer space!! lmao!

Keep up the good work, it will all even out in the end.. I'm doing WW PPlus too...going to weigh in a couple of hours..
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/118.4/123

Height: 5.4

Keep your chin up and don't beat yourself up. These threads are helpful to me because I see others struggle and it me feel like I'm not alone. It's not easy to make a life style change and I doesn't happen overnight . Keep posting about your progress.
habakuktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: (HW 330) this time 260/230/175

Height: 5'7"

I can completely relate, but just like said above.. JUST KEEP GOING. Over time it will all even out. I have the same things happen to me, and in the past when I have tried to get back on track, those have thrown me off. This time I can tell it's different. I have to just notice, digest, and keep going. BUT I will tell you that just getting it out by posting seems to help me. It looks like you are in a similar thought, you aren't giving up, but it's nice to be able to put it out there so you are at least giving voice to the frustrations! This is awesome and great, and it you are like me, it will help you to just keep going! I love this forum because I have finally found somewhere where you can just feel what you feel and have the support of others to just be there!
Great job, thanks for sharing, and it sounds like you are on track to be very successful ((hugs))
Jerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #10  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I love how you totally knew where you went astray, kicked your own butt back to reality, forgave yourself your transgressions, got back on track, and didn't get blindsided by a temporary mis-step and are able to see the totality of your successes and look forward to more. TOTALLY what I need to read! I'm in it for the long haul, and tho I get daunted by lack of (immediate) results, I know I have to forge ahead. Good for you, keep going, and good luck.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #11  
girl disappearing

As an update to last week's post, I not only lost the 2.6 I had gained, but I also lost an additional pound!

Just have to keep that positive energy and thoughts and momentum going this week!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
As an update to last week's post, I not only lost the 2.6 I had gained, but I also lost an additional pound!

Just have to keep that positive energy and thoughts and momentum going this week!
Huzzah!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: (HW 330) this time 260/230/175

Height: 5'7"

WOOO HOOO! Great Job
Jerbs is offline   Reply With Quote