Old 08-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #1  

Default new to medifast

I will be starting medifast hopefully in a few days. It just shipped out. Here's a little about myself. Im 25,5' 6 and weigh 190lbs! So depressing! my weight has definately caught up with me. my lifestyle of eating outand being a student with a husband who loves to eat as well has brought to this point. I have Pcos and fertility problems so i need to do whatver it takes to get some weight off to have a family. PLus i want to look good! I have been hearing good thinkgs about medifast so i hope to have good results. i am a little worried about the food. I am a sweets lover, i would rather have ice cream over real food any day so this will be an adjustment. I would love to hear your success stories for encouragemnt.
skinnyminitob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Don't worry--I think you'll find that many of the Medifast foods have been crafted to satisfy that "sweet tooth."

The first few days are the hardest, so just be prepared to hang on! Be sure that you eat on schedule, and that you measure and weigh your lean & green meal components. You should do fine!

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #3  

can you eat the lean and green for lunch instead of dinner?
skinnyminitob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Yes you can! You can have the lean & green as any meal. And, you can split it up, say, have half portions for lunch and half for dinner, and that way you eat 7 times instead of 6.

Jay
Old 08-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/187/145

Height: 5'7"

I've done Medifast as well and I agree w/Jay, the first days are the hardest. Almost miraculously on or after that 3rd day you will start feeling great. One tip I learned through experience is...you need to follow Medifast advice and ALWAYS eat on time. That means every 2 to 3 hours.

I found the chili really good. I added some cajun seasoning to it. Yum! The pudding is good too. And of course the shakes are good. I always blended them with ice to make a smoothie.

If you don't know about Wonderslim, check out their website. Just google it. Their foods are the same but a little less expensive.

Good luck. Medifast does work. Each meal also is balanced protein and carbohydrate which helped me with my insulin resistance (controls cravings).
KKSnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See sig for ticker and blog

Height: 5' 2"

Hey! I'm on Day 2 of Medifast. So far I'm doing ok.

On Day 1 I couldn't do a complete L&G meal because my staff ordered pizza- so none for me, but I did have my 3 servings of greens- lettuce primarily. (started at 218.8 lbs)

But today (Day 2 -217.0 lbs) I did tuna & boiled eggs with Lettuce & Spinach, with about 1 condiment worth of salad dressing. I had a bit of a headache in the morning, but I took Tylenol Extra and it was gone. Medifast says that medication should not interfere with the program results, but we'll see.

I'm hoping tomorrow won't be too bad.

I've also had a fair amount of physical activity. Yesterday I did a low ropes challenge course (climbed a wall) and today I walked about 3 miles.
painfullystoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #7  

I ordered 2 weeks of the diabetes plan. All I got was 2 weeks worth of shakes, oatmeal and snack bars. 1 week worth of chili. That was it - is that normal?

I have to say, the oatmeal tastes like glue - yuck!
d2snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

You can see exactly what is included in any package on the Medifast website. It's best that you ask over there: www.medifast1.com.

Here's what that site says is in the Diabetes 2-week package:

28 shakes (choc, vanilla, strawb)
14 bars (choc mint, oatmeal raisin)
14 oatmeals (apple cinnamon, peach)
14 soups (chili, chicken noodle)

It helps to soak the oatmeals for awhile before cooking them--but I've found if I follow the directions exactly, it's pretty good.

Remember that you can substitute items in any of the packages. You can return unopened boxes for credit--but you need to get an authorization.

If you have individual packets of something you know you won't eat, you can sometimes find people who want to buy them. People also sell them on ebay, etc.

Don't give up yet! You're sure to find some foods you like.

Jay
Old 08-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #9  

Hi! I'm new to this forum and and I'm on my third week of medifast, and it's going really well! It's HARD and I'm really hungry, but I really like that it's so regimented, it works well for me. And I travel A LOT for work, and this is so easy to take with me. I had great success with South Beach before, but I've found it wasn't very adaptable to being on the road.

I don't like feeling a little week and dizzy, and I wish I could work out a little harder with it. I'm a big fan of the P90X. I just started doing that again, but I'm doing only the weight lifting (lower weights and reps) not the cardio, because I think I would faint and/or puke. And I'm trying to do some run/walking too.

Hope it's still working well for you! My favorite has been the brownies (you're allowed 1 tbsp of peanut butter for a snack, and I've mixed that in with the brownie batter with great results!) and the PB bars (I'm noticing a trend here!) and I really disliked the eggs. I have substituted 2 hard boiled eggs for the powdered eggs a few times.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote