Old 08-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #1  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Default My Daily Affirmation

Hello all,

Sometimes we focus on the negative and forget about the positive. I try to be a positive person. I'm in a stall out (after only 8lbs!), and while I'm trying to not be discouraged, it's getting hard. So, I thought "verbalizing" a daily affirmation will help keep me motivated.

Feel free to join in with your own affirmation, add any comments, or ignore me completely

I will not focus on the fact that I didn't lose anything this week, but will rejoice in the fact that I didn't gain back what I've already lost.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #2  
GettingHealthier

S/C/G: 278/256/145ish

Height: 5'5"

Good idea! I have foregone the scale, as it makes me too crazy right now, given my lack of sleep and too-busy schedule. So, sometimes it's hard to get the immediate positive feedback I crave. So -

I will appreciate that I no longer feel hopeless about my weight. Even though I can't focus the same amount of time and energy I did last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I feel so much better physically and mentally than when I feel hopeless.
Sophronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

It certainly is a good idea to focus on the positive things in our lives. I, too, tend to get discouraged the scale shows a small gain or I hit a plateau, even for just a week. So . . .

I will accept the ups with the downs, because the downs will win in the end.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #4  
Onederland Bound!

S/C/G: 254/Ticker/200

Height: 5'3

This weight loss game is sometimes taxing, the weight comes off ALOT slower then it goes on! I said this in another thread and I truly mean it, this is now my daily mantra: You are worth the effort, just make yourself a priority.

I think when we get caught up in everyday life we often forget to make ourselves a priority, whether it be to take time to exercise, plan out our meals or sit down and read a book to unwind.
SweetTreat80 is offline   Reply With Quote