South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday August 3

Good Morning

I went to bed early last night so I could enjoy some quiet time this morning. The guys were busy watching all their reality shows and I wasn't missed at all. We completed our chipper project and I'm relieved to move on. Today and tomorrow will be trying to get our painting project to a stopping point where we'll just call it quits for the summer. I'm thinking with three of us it might be possible. My food has been quite good throughout all this and I've had lots of physical work. I did try to slice my finger off with a saw yesterday but taped it up and it's doing fine.

I thought I'd take some time for personals this morning...

What's up in your neck of the woods today? Stop by and say hi

Have a great day everyone!

ETA=
Linda, I'm glad you're enjoying your trip! It sounds like there is plenty to keep you all busy while you spend time visiting.

Jenskihere, I find most things don't taste quite so good anymore, either. I love when people enjoy my OP foods. Glad you checked in with us.

Rikki, I like eating at Whole Foods because I tend to make really good choices. It sounds like you have a really busy rest of your week. Take care.

Katie(asphyxia63), glad you joined us on the daily. I love hearing about your derby stuff...I hope you did well at your derby assessment. That is some serious exercise!

jenne, congrats!, again, for finishing your masters work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good grades...Trudge on, with staying OP...fluxuations are just that. The real deal comes with OP consistency!

Pearlrose, I'm amazed that school starts on Aug. 12!

bea, I hope you're recovering from all your ethnic food! I'm excited for your granite counter tops. We redid our kitchen a few years back and when it came to the end they weren't in our budget. I think when this sink wears out I'll do both at the same time.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-03-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Debbie,
Thanks for starting us up. Not much new here. I'm looking forward to my girls weekend this weekend - I love them, but it will be nice to get a break from my husband and son.

Still trying to break my plateau of 158.4 - I keep retaining water, then coming back down to that weight every 4 days or so. I haven't been super strict, and that's obviously why. I've been trying to exercise every day, but today I just need a break. Maybe I'll take a gentle walk and enjoy that. I've got my book club tonight, which I'm looking forward to. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning Deb, Matilda, and those to come. This is Cottage again, sneaking in undercover.

We're off for a day of sightseeing and meeting up with old friends for lunch in Ottawa. Food has been pretty OP, but I'm sure the wine calories are adding up.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - HUMID! To answer your question. Might have hit 110 here yesterday.

Ruth and Linda - So fun to think of you together

Jenn - Woo hoo! Congrats.

I've got something going on here with the teen that I would love to talk about but won't to respect his privacy. And you never know who reads this! (A friend discovered me here already!) Anyhoo... he's fine, it will be fine, I'm stressed waiting to learn more details later. There will be talking.

So... saw the dentist yesterday. Yep, they agree the crown needs to be replaced. Cemented it back on and charged me $60 which I did not expect!! First available appointment to start fixing is 7 weeks out! Since my guy (of the two in practice) is almost retired, I'm going to switch now to my sons' dentist. More expensive but closer and hopefully BETTER!

Off to the gym early with mom. Could use some meditation today!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's another day like yesterday, driving all over chasing surveys. We are starting contract negotiations for my consulting. That should be interesting. I'm not so good at that stuff so negotiating with people who do that for a living is challenging. I'm hoping to make enough on my contract to pay my car payment and my health insurance (so glad I live in a state where I can purchase good insurance through the state at a reasonable rate!). That will certainly make my life less stressful while on the job hunt for more work.

Karen - Good luck with everything. The teen years are definitely full of things that make Mom's hair go gray!

Happy Hump Day friends!

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-03-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone!

Cottage and Ruth - hope you're having a blast together! Enjoy those wine calories

I'm making this a quickie - I slept late and it's going to be a busy day, but wanted to do a fly-by.

For those of you that remember, we've had a second home in NC for 5 years that didn't sell (it was rented for nearly 2), and we leave tonight to empty it out, we close on it next week. WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!! It's still surreal, I can't believe it. So happy!

Hope everyone is well. Have a great day on the beach!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #7  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Hump Day

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement, I'm slowly getting more organized food wise. I would love to post personals, but have to wait for the weekend; I'm not that organized yet!!
Have a wonderful day.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #8  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies! I am doing a quick fly by this morning. Lots going on today... RUN!#1(immediately after this post!), drive to hometown, do 2 clients hair, get my hair done, hit up hobby lobby for supplies needed for training tonight, drive back home, head to work for training, 1 client after that!!! Oy, not so much a day off today is it?!

OK, Day 2 of c25k Here I come! -SMASHED IT!
-Note to self, need new earbuds! I don't have any!

Last edited by rdw1; 08-03-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #9  
Heather

Hi everyone! Just joining in as I am new here.

We hit 110 yesterday and supposed to be 111 here today. I am having to go for walks at 9pm and it was still 100 last night at that time! Yuck!

I am a speech pathologist in a school so I go back to work in 1.5 weeks and my kids go back on the 22nd. School year is so busy for us. We had an incredibly relaxing summer!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Heather! Please join in often. My son gets speech therapy in school, and I can imagine you work with lots of kids. It seems like so many kids are getting speech these days.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Happy hump day! Assessments went well last night however it was so hot that I just couldn't do my laps. Fortunately I had done them the other day and the girl who counted for me was there and vouched for me. Felt a bit like I cheated but also relieved to not have to do them! If I calculated correctly, 25 laps is approximately a mile, and you need to skate it in under 5 minutes.
Matilda, enjoy your relaxing walk and book club tonight, maybe that plateau will break when you stop thinking about it so much. Also, stress can make us hold on to weight.
Karen, oh, the dentist! I haven't been to one in years! Good luck with all that! And 110 degrees? Yuck! You too, Heather, I have a friend in Austin that was telling me about how hot it is there. I will have to stop complaining about my 90's weather here!
It was actually pretty cool last night which would have been good for sleeping, but it was garbage night and those trucks are so noisy! Then there was a ridiculous bird outside the window this morning and I just got no sleep. Day 3 of vacation and I'm driving out to the finger lakes area to spend the day at a camp that I volunteer for (but missed the deadline for applications this year) and spending the night until tomorrow afternoon at a friends. Camp food is not SBD friendly at all and you are not allowed to bring your own food! Maybe this time next year I'll be in a better place to handle it so I guess it's good to just be visiting for a few hours! Okay, well, better get moving. Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by asphyxia63; 08-03-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all,

Figured out why the gain: no enough veggies = um, back up. Back to a few oz. over last week and I am ok with that. Bloating this week too could be the cause. Just chugging my water like a good girl!

I promise not to talk about school anymore until reporting about passing at which point you can all call me MASTER JENN!!

Have a good one!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #13  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hello all!
I am struggling. The scale is stuck. I was doing great on phase 1, but at the end of the 2 weeks I was bored and ready to add things back, but I think I added back into many things too fast in phase 2 (which is crazy, because I added things like oatmeal and fruit!!). But, just a reminder that I need to go slow and see what my body likes. Just frustrated, need to hit that groove.

Did some prep work last night cooking an egg/veggie casserole and SB cheesecake, stocked the freezer for quick picks. Went back to eggs for breakfast and will try to add things back later in the day instead of first things in the AM.
Thanks for hearing me out!

ETA: Tried my first Green Monster - so not what I expected! It is really good!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 08-03-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone!

Ph1 Day 1 got bumped to today because of my mom's birthday yesterday. I am in some serious need of decarbification. I have a headache today, which is not surprising to me at all, with the way I've been eating the last few weeks. But, I'm doing what I know to do, and I'm drinking lots of water. I think I woke up with 1 lb of fluid under each eye today

So HI everyone! How's things? My SIL Angie (Chris' sister) has received the epidural and is ready to have a baby today! It's been so busy lately, my head is spinning. Can't wait to get off work and go up to the hospital tonight! Hopefully she will have had the baby by then.

Anyhoozle, just wanted to say hi and I didn't forget about going back to Ph1. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be popping in often, so you've been warned. Have a great day!

Lisa
Old 08-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hiya Lisa, congrats on getting ready to be an Aunt.
Closed Thread