Old 07-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #1  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Default In a slump...how do I get out?

So I don't have much more to lose, but I can't seem to get out of this slump so I can jump over the last hurdle before the finish line. A couple weeks ago I went on a family camping trip. I brought mostly OP foods. I knew that I was going to have a few things that were not OP, but was ok with the choices I made. I didn't drink as much water as I usually do and I could feel the difference that made. I felt horrible for at least a week after coming home, gained almost 10 pounds, but most came off after a day or so of replenishing myself with all the water I didn't drink. I'm ok with the choices I made like I said, but for the past month or two I have found it hard to stay OP 100% of the time. I pretty much eat OP for my meals, but find myself wanting to snack throughout the day as well. I don't go overboard like I did before starting MRC because I feel yucky if I eat more than my stomach can handle. I'm not sure if I'm just getting bored or what. I just need some type of kick start to get me back in the swing of things, but not sure what that is. I have no motivation anymore. I have looked at old photos and that is one reason why I don't go overboard because I don't want to even get close to that ever. Is there anything that helped give you a boost when you were in a slump? I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #2  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I went through a similar thing when I did it last time. I got to about 15 lbs. or a little less away from my goal, and I basically maintained for about three months. There was some up and down in there, but I just lost motivation. My husband had just come home from Iraq, so that really messed up my routine, and I was pretty happy with the way I looked, so the driving force wasn't much of an issue anymore. I didn't think I cheated much, just little tastes here and there, but when I look back at my food journal, I cheated all the time.

I finally decided to re-enroll and get serious, which I did, but shortly after that, I found out I was pregnant, so I never got to see what would have happened.

There are a few different things to get motivation from. First, are you paying for the program or doing it on your own. If you're paying, you're wasting your money unless you get serious. Eitehr way, you're paying for HNS, so there's financial motivation. Second, if you can buckle down for a month, you'll probably be at your goal.

Try going back to yellow and blue menus for a stricter approach. Or, do metaquick for week. Either way, make a promise to yourself that you won't cheat. Set up a reward at the end of the week if you make it all week long without cheating (pedicure or something). If you have to, do that every week until you hit your goal. It's not that far away.

You just have to make the decision and see it through. If you're unsure about whether you'll follow through, then you definitely won't. When I really was honest with myself and decided to buckle back down, I did for the two weeks I was on it before I discovered the pregnancy. At this point, it's all mental. It does get boring, and you do start to rebel after being on it so long (and 317-- WOW you've done great!), but you just have to dig down deep and finish up. It's just a month or six weeks. You can do anything for that amount of time.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #3  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

tkdtara84 is 100% right. I really struggled through my last 10 lbs, too. It's almost like I was mentally "done" with the diet. I finally had to just completely recommit to staying strictly OP until the end. I figured out a reward for myself (a new Kindle) for when I started stabilization, and I did about 3 days of metaquick to try to "clean" my system and get back OP without cravings, etc.

You can do it! You are so close--you just need to get your head back "in the game."

Good luck!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #4  
Started program June 2010

I really feel for you as I am going through the same thing! I want to say all these motivational things but I know sometimes that just doesn't work. Lets try to get these last few pounds off so we can move on to the next chapter in our life!
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

OMG, I am going through the same thing right now. I am 17 pounds away and lost motivation. But, I went on vacay and stuffed myself and only gained about 2 pounds. Got back yesterday and immediately got up this morning committing to stay OP and exercise (I exercised this morning at 0430). I want these last pounds gone, so i don't have to worry.

I know this is a lifestyle change, not just a diet, but I feel so tied down right now and just want it over with.

Good luck and hopefully you can find the motivation to go to the end. Its kind of like when I go for a jog; the whole time I am thinking, "it's almost over and it's not going to kill me".

Last edited by evinsmom; 08-01-2011 at 11:05 AM.
evinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #6  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone. I appreciate you all taking the time to comment. I'm hoping that this weekends Relay For Life Event will be my kick start. I did it last year and walked 12.25 miles and I know I can do way more than that this year. I even plan on jogging some of it with my daughter. I will have plenty of time since it is a 24 hour relay. I'm am so looking forward to it!!! I hope this is what pumps me up and gets my blood flowing....not to mention the fat melting off!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/137

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
I also find myself eating just a little bit OP at least every other day--my excuse is "I have to be able to accept this way of eating for the rest of my life" which is fine, but I know me--more and more OP and then I'm not losing any more

I just lost my first 10 lbs (last Sat) and I was given a glass stone with the #10 written on it. My counselor said folks like to glue a magnet on them and put them on the fridge to keep reminded--I've been keeping mine in my pocket all day long and I reach in there and there it is--reminding me--stay OP!

I'm not bored with the food choices, I'm not super hungry (if I don't work too late without taking extra food) so I don't know why I feel the need not to stay strictly OP.

I REALLY like the idea of having a big reward for that final goal, as has been suggested here--thanks! I'll think of something I'll really like when I get there!
shiner9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 156 / 150 / 125

Height: 5"1

I'm only about halfway to my goal, which is to loose 35 pounds, but I keep thinking, oh I look so much better now, I'd be happy with where I am. And I know the closer I get the more I'm going to feel that way. But I just keep telling myself that the more weight I lose now, the more lenient I can be later on. If I were to stop now, if I gained a little weight, I'd be back to where I started. Where as if I go all the way to the finish line, gaining a little weight back wouldn't be near as bad.
HappyHallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #9  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Unhappy

Wow, I am feeling it a slump at the moment, too. I am down 24 lbs and while I am totally so happy about it, Feels like I am cheating all the time. I am OP at least 95% of the time, but I just beat myself up so much when I cheat...and then I do it again!!!!! Why?

It is all such a mind game. I feel deprived sometimes like someone is forcing me to eat a certain way, when I am the one that signed up!!! I am choosing this for myself, and I know that....

I am all over the place here, but I totally relate to the mental battle....while also wanting so much to make my goal. Just seems something always comes up...and eating all meals at home every single day is tough when you are on the go a lot.

We went to the "Drive in" movie theatre the other night with our kids....and automatically I am feeling sorry for myself because of the very limited snacking I get to do while there. So I got upset, and bought an ice cream cone for myself!! What was I thinking?!?!?! I feel like I am sneaking around and am always in search of the "forbidden fruit" rather than accepting the journey I have chosen and making peace with it.

Thank you for letting me vent

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/in progress/145

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Totally understand...I keeping asking myself "why do you not want to finish this?" I only have about 30 more pounds to go and I just kinda quit...started snacking in the afternoons and telling myself it's summertime. But I have turned it around and got myself back to exercising and following program. One meal at a time. It also helps to get back on a schedule with school starting back. My goal is to be good until Thanksgiving.
stone3973 is offline   Reply With Quote