Old 07-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Question how do you get through going to a restaurant? need ideas...

I just found out I have to attend a celebration at Carrabbas tomorrow night. Ugh...night before my next WI.

Any ideas to get through? I can have the salad with olive oil & salt, or bring a WF packet with me. That's okay.
But I looked over the menu on line, and there's so few choices that come close to OP. I can probably squeak by with some grilled fish and ask them to hold the sauces.

BUT...I am going to be awfully tempted and relentlessly asked to have a glass of wine. I have not had any and I'm not really missing it but, when I go out, it is kinda nice.
I know you can stay in ketosis with wine.
I know you stop burning fat tho, while the alcohol is metabolising.
I also know...sometimes but not always, a glass of wine is a slippery slope for me towards reckless eating.

I know what to do but just really, really would appreciate some support to do it
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

My son took me out to eat at Logan's last night. I had water with lemon, grabbed my MIO out of my purse and it was sweet tea. Of course they brought out the rolls that smelled delicious but I wasn't even tempted. I order the 6oz sirloin with grilled veggie and a salad. I told the waitress I didn't want anything on my meat but the seasonings, no type of butter or sauces and that goes for the veggies as well. I then told her I just want lettuce, tomato for my salad nothing else. When she brought my salad out I pulled out of my purse my spritz Italian dressing this time. My son looked at me and said "Mom what else are you going to pull out of that thing. Its a small purse and you fit all that in there?" I said YUP! he said "woman you are crazy" I said you should know that already....hahaha.....

If you go with the attitude you don't NEED the alcohol and If you decide to drink it just know that you may have consequences after. It would not be worth it for me to drink one glass of wine and be set back 3-4 days. In that 3-4 days you could have lost another 1-2lbs IF you hadn't had that ONE glass of wine that taste good for 20-30 minutes it took you to drink it. This is just my way of thinking but if you are as determined as I am to get to your goal, you will think long and hard about it! Which ever choice you make we are here for you.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #3  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Yes, see, I know you are right but I really needed to hear it, as in really HEAR it. I won't even think about the wine now with the way you put it. it is completely not worth cancelling out the effort of the week! AND...I think I can make the rest work. After all, I need to remember I'm not there to eat only but first to be with the people.

What is MIO? It sounded interesting.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My son took me out to eat at Logan's last night. I had water with lemon, grabbed my MIO out of my purse and it was sweet tea. Of course they brought out the rolls that smelled delicious but I wasn't even tempted. I order the 6oz sirloin with grilled veggie and a salad. I told the waitress I didn't want anything on my meat but the seasonings, no type of butter or sauces and that goes for the veggies as well. I then told her I just want lettuce, tomato for my salad nothing else. When she brought my salad out I pulled out of my purse my spritz Italian dressing this time. My son looked at me and said "Mom what else are you going to pull out of that thing. Its a small purse and you fit all that in there?" I said YUP! he said "woman you are crazy" I said you should know that already....hahaha.....

If you go with the attitude you don't NEED the alcohol and If you decide to drink it just know that you may have consequences after. It would not be worth it for me to drink one glass of wine and be set back 3-4 days. In that 3-4 days you could have lost another 1-2lbs IF you hadn't had that ONE glass of wine that taste good for 20-30 minutes it took you to drink it. This is just my way of thinking but if you are as determined as I am to get to your goal, you will think long and hard about it! Which ever choice you make we are here for you.
LOL I love your attitude! And OMG at your pics. That was earlier this year?? Jesus! You're doing so well. I'm envious
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
Yes, see, I know you are right but I really needed to hear it, as in really HEAR it. I won't even think about the wine now with the way you put it. it is completely not worth cancelling out the effort of the week! AND...I think I can make the rest work. After all, I need to remember I'm not there to eat only but first to be with the people.

What is MIO? It sounded interesting.
MIO is a water flavoring and my coach says it is allowed. Its always good to HEAR it from someone else and the way they think about different situations. Here is a link for MIO http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_co...ste-for-water/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyCheeks View Post
LOL I love your attitude! And OMG at your pics. That was earlier this year?? Jesus! You're doing so well. I'm envious
Thanks, YES the green one was for my birthday 2/16/2011 the gray one was the beginning of July and the one in red was 7/29/2011. The program works I am living proof along with everyone else
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote