Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-29-2011, 03:59 AM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default Retin A?

has anyone used this? i started about a week ago for clogged pores and moderate acne (isn't it great how acne can start when you're 30?)

i read a lot of horror stories online about it causing peeling, burning, etc for the first few months. so far, my skin seems to be tolerating it fairly well. im a bit dry but i've been using a moisturizer.

so far all it seems to be doing is breaking me out like mad. the doctor warned me this might happen for up to THREE months. between that and my weight i feel like a scary monster.

im just wondering if this stuff has worked for anyone else?
has anyone had experiences with it?
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #2  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

I use retin A. My dermatologist prescribed it to me about 3 years ago as a wrinkle preventer. When you start off you should only use a pea sized amount every other day until your skin builds up a tolerance. I stop using retin A a few days before I get my eye brows waxed. Other than that, I love it. As far as the acne, I would get a few pimples here or there prior to the Retin A. Now, I rarely break out.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #3  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I used to use it on stretch marks. For the first week- 2 weeks, my skin was fine. After that? It was like it was corroded off. Redness, burning, peeling and rashy.

I have sensitive skin as well, so that could be what lead to it. Hope your experience is better!
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #4  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

If you can stick it out, it's supposed to be great for wrinkles, too. I used it for acne when I was a teenager, and it worked well, but it does cause problems at first. Moisturizer is great, and also what saggzz said about using it every other day at first-- did your doctor advise that? Beyond that, just get some good concealer and try to be patient.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/188/175

Height: 5'5"

Love it! I've been using it for wrinkles/spot fading for a few years. I remember breaking out when I first started using it but that cleared up. Every now & then I get dry so I skip a night or two.

Just remember to be extra diligent about sunscreen!
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote