South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday July 27

Good Morning

'Twas a much better day yesterday...Thanks for all the kind words. I always remember, This too shall pass. It helps with my food choices, too. We got a ton of work done and will continue on today. My sis arrives in 5 days and we have lots of projects to accomplish for mom, too. Painting is on the backburner right now and will resume sometime soon. I'm getting lots of exercise and make an OP plan everyday...which is usually working out until dinner. I've been taking the boys out after our hard day's work. They think it's a treat, I just don't feel like cooking after working alongside them all day.

What's up in your world today? Stop and say hi
Old 07-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Debbie, glad things are back on the right track. Again, you seem to do so much for others. Sad to say I think I'm much more selfish! Anyway, I think I'm still retaining quite a bit of water from last week's heat wave. Also, I've been drinking less than I usually do and MUST up my water today.

Had my review yesterday and it went well. My boss got in a few zingers, but overall the review was positive. When she was done she asked if I had any questions, and I said "what about my schedule change?" Even though I'd given her two detailed memos on it, and we'd discussed in numerous times, she had "forgotten all about it." I think she was so ashamed about that that she basically told me I could do it, but that she just had to work out a few details with HR. The way it's going to play out most probably will work well for me. I'll keep everyone posted.

We're in town this weekend, which is nice. No pressure on that front. Tonight is the second week of my book club and I'm excited to see how it's going to go. So many characters...but we're splitting up into smaller groups this time, so hopefully that will work better! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Debbie and Matilda.

It's cool enough to enjoy my coffee out here on the sunporch, and this weather is such a refreshing relief! I was feeling light-headed and a bit sick to my stomach from the heat and humidity yesterday and had a headache by the end of the day. We had a great day, though, and the girls thoroughly enjoyed it. I came home to a pool full of grandkids again, and they brought supper, so that was a nice way to wrap up the day.

The girls have piano lessons that will take up the morning, but I want to get their garden weeded and tidied up this afternoon, and we have to go over our lists for packing to make sure we have everything. I have their duffel bags all packed and ready for camp, so that's one thing out of the way.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!

Debbie, I am glad your yesterday went well. You certainly must get a ton of work done! I assume you are looking forward to your sister's visit and will be able to relax a bit.

Mathilda, sounds like your review was a decent one. I'd be annoyed with the zingers though and also with the forgotten memos. I hope HR doesn't give any grief over the hour change. I actually think employees should give performance reviews to their supervisors.

Yesterday didn't go quite as planned but I did get caught up on my accounting crud - I just need to do payroll for Friday. The eternal audit is still happening. The darned accountant leaves me a voice mail with an "urgent" question and then is not around when I call back. Grrr! I really resent people wasting my time now.

My sister was over for tea in the afternoon, just before a huge storm that blew over deck chairs and even broke a large and heavy pot on the front porch. I have a mess to deal with this morning. The rain was coming sideways from all directions but was over fast. Luckily no trees came down and the power stayed on. Joan and I worked on ideas for table flowers for her son's wedding that's happening the last weekend of August.

Today I may finally get out to pull a few weeds. I'd really like to powerwash my deck before my company arrives but that may not happen. I do need to work in a trip to town for odds and ends and a visit to the Bulk Barn to stock up on healthy goodies for Linda's visit - four more sleeps before the Yankees invade me!

Hmmm - just checked my To Do list. Hump Day has a pretty large hump this week!

And there's Linda now! This time next week ...
Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Matilda, it's great that you've gotten part of an answer about your schedule change...and nice that you have a low key weekend at home. Drink water, girl, and enjoy your book club tonight!

Linda, I hope you're feeling better today. Now that the tv is back upstairs I haven't been keeping up with the weather/news. I hope it's not too hot for weeding today.

Ruth, sorry to say I don't think there's much relaxing in my future. When sis gets here it's just go go go. Glad to hear no trees came down during your storm. We had several downpours yesterday but now wind. Fun to be counting down the days until Linda arrives!

I may try and sneak a little nap in now. With a houseguest I can't be too noisy. First, a little pickup downstairs. We've just been flying through the past few days.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Glad you had a better day and that you will get some help for a while with your mom. How long is sis staying?

Matilda - Great news! What book are you reading?

Linda - What will you do while the girls are at camp?

Ruth - "Yankees" made me laugh.

Yesterday DH got us a new TV at his favorite store, Costco. But we are both thinking maybe it's not big enough! Looks great from the furniture but we watch it more from the cardio machines wayyy on the other side of the basement. Why do they not make the same size they used to?! It was either smaller or spend a lot for bigger. Sigh. But I am looking forward to testing it out today when we exercise; first cardio with TV in 5 days! Boy, my life is pathetic when that's the highlight Eating is fine. Getting some shopping done for DS and college. Not much else happening.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, I have a report due out in a few minutes. Sounds like everyone is surviving their summers. We still have heat wave, heat index of 110 today, I am so ready for the weather to break a bit.

Managed to finally get my oil changed last night and DD2 got her oil changed at the same time. Started school shopping with DD1 for her school supplies, she starts back up August 12th so it's right around the corner.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chickies!

Pearl, stay cool today!
Karen, enjoy the TV, I hope size wise that it works out!
Lexx, take me with you! I wanna nap!
Ruth, yikes! hope the mess isn't too much to clean up. Darn you mother nature!
MMc, yay for good reviews!!!

I've got a VERY busy day ahead of me for work and a meeting where I must resist ALL FOOD. NSV - wearing a shirt today that I accidentally bought 3 months ago that was too small.

Landlords already put up a sign in the front yard (we gave notice on Monday!) so I pray we get the apartment. I put in my app yesterday so we should hear in two days whether or not they will take us (DW has a bankruptcy from 6.5 years ago on her history). I am very hopeful!

Off to work! Have a good one all!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Repairman is still here working on the treadmill so I can't elliptical. Seriously cutting into my morning exercise routine.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #10  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy hump day beach babes!

Debbie - Alas, it must be hard to treat the boys without treating yourself too, since you worked hard too. Let the crockpot save you - healthy and minimal cooking effort.
Matilda - Glad your interview went mostly well. How frustrating that your boss didn't give you conclusive closure on the scheduling issue.
Lynn - Good luck with the remaining packing and other gazillion chores that seem to be needed right before trips.
Ruth - Sorry to hear about that guy wasting your time and that storm causing a mess. I love the idea of afternoon tea with your sister. I must do that sometime.
Karen - Oh no for the elliptical and the TV! Hopefully it all gets worked out soon.
Pearlrose - Good luck on your report.
Jenne - Good luck on the apartment and congrats on your small shirt.

Tomorrow night I'm taking the redeye to Maryland for a long weekend for my cousin's wedding. Got a lot of chores and errands to do before then, and some huge projects at work that I'm even dreaming about. I haven't been great staying OP or drinking enough water, and its that TOM to boot. At least I've been really good about exercising. I need to remember to prioritize my health and goals even when life gets a little hectic.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #11  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hi all! Today was the first day I encounted a quiver in will power since starting Phase 1. I am 8 days in so far. You will be happy to know that I DIDN't give in... but it was tough.

I have had a super busy day at work, we are off schedule for dinner because the kids are at my parents. I didn't feel like cooking and didn't know what we should have for dinner. We considered ordering in, DH said it is your call, I thought and thought and ended up cooking in the end, whipping something up quickly, and you know what? I feel darn proud about that!!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, Jenski!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #13  

Morning all - it's technically Thursday for me lol

I've had a few fits and starts on my SB, but I'm now seriously unhappy with my Mummy Tummy, so got to buckle down. Typing this whilst munching on a trio of boiled eggs - no toast, obviously. Work's been a bit mad which hasn't helped - I'm a recruiter for Avon in the UK - and my team have required some serious work recently!

Well done Jenski - when we've had takeout recently I've been super good - DH has pizza and I have a shish kebab and don't eat the pitta. Considering he's starting to get a little potbelly I'm thinking of roping him into a week on P1 with me. Problem being he hates all vegetables with a passion.

Hope everyone has a great day; I've got the kids off school so most of today will be park based. That is if the British Summer holds up for a few hours!
Closed Thread