Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

Default Who here has a Total Gym?

Alright so who here has one of these? Got it from QVC and I love it! I'm looking for what exercises you like to do to get some ideas.
erinmarie312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 123/123/113

Height: 5'3"

We have a Total Gym that my husband bought before we were married. He likes it, but it seems that most of the exercises use your own body weight as resistance, which creates a problem. If I am able to do the individual exercise (like the leg ones), it is not enough weight. However, it is too much weight for arm and ab exercises. I think I need to be stronger to be able to use it. Sort of defeats the purpose...
jens10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290.4/tracker/220

Height: 6'0

Do you have it at the lowest setting?
erinmarie312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #4  
I think I can...

My husband has one I HATE it lol. Although I only used it a couple of times. I can't really use it and my arms felt like they were going to fall off the next day.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #5  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

I know this is an older post, and no idea if the original poster is still subscribed to it, but I have a total gym and LOVE IT! I got the XLS with the ab crunch addition and the pilates... though I am yet to do the ab crunch video or the pilates, I am certainly getting a ton of use out of it. I have a wonderful elliptical at my house, but was lacking a form of strength training and so found it with this! I have noticed a difference (and been less than a month) on the triceps since starting, and that is the biggest difference... of course my DH and I have noticed little changes/shaping everywhere, but I think that has been my biggest surprise is the effectiveness there - very little has ever worked that area for me before. Anyway... I could go on since I do love it... but since I am not even sure if anyone is even following thread anymore, lol, I will stop for now, LOL!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #6  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Bump
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote