Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default So wired could this mean my metabolism is on the up??

Well i apologise in advance for the story im going to tell you as its a bit yuk but its so wired.
So ive been on a gym plan for coming up 3 weeks now and although im following weightwatchers i have been changing some foods and eating ALOT heather stopped the takeaways and alcohol and eating more fresh foods and fish etc.........ive been feeling great.

HOWEVER ..............Tues night our cupbords were bare and my partner was on nightshift and had my car so i just opted for a takeaway ( i was still on tracj with my points) i had a donner keabab with salad. THEN apro 1.5 hours later i had to run to the toilet ............and i was on the toilet about 4 times in the space of 15mins the kaebab had just went straight thru me.......... sorry . but i had no pain like food posining or anything it juat wouldnt stop anyway this sat we enden up going for a meal a indians and had some wine and by the time i got home the same thing happened Again no pain just woosh. And i was wandering if my body was getting used to better foods that when i eat rubbish its getting rid of it???? Ive been eating foods and taking chilli pepper capsules to increase my metabolism as mine has always been sluggish and generally eating out bloats me for days, and can usually constipate me. Could this be a sign that my metabilism is finally working as it should??? i just found it soooo strange and only happens when id had "FATTY FOODS"

Also i spent all day in bed yest as i can not drink like i used to , i never drink these days and when i do it really gets to me .............its just so not worth it one night just spoiled everything id worked for all week. Im just leaving the treats and few cheeky cocktails for my holiday in 7weeks
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

You are probably wired because diarrhoea causes endorphin release, and you are probably having diarrhoea from taking too much chilli. Neither of these are useful things for you, I'm afraid. Eating too much fat at once can also cause diarrhoea. (And if, like many people, you have gallstones quietly sitting in your gall bladder, it can also trigger biliary colic, which is agonisingly painful. Trust me, you don't want to go there.) Actually, I'd guess that it's most likely the combination, but to be sure you should see a doctor, at least if the diarrhoea continues once you've stopped taking the chilli.

None of this is anything to do with your metabolism, or your body magically learning to distinguish between better and worse foods. If the diarrhoea hasn't stopped, get some medication to stop it and check that you're not dehydrated. Stop taking the chilli, it's irritating your gastro-intestinal tract. Don't beat yourself up about the kebab, everyone goes off plan now and again and the important thing is to hop back on the wagon and not let a lapse interfere with your overall weight loss journey.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #3  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esofia View Post
You are probably wired because diarrhoea causes endorphin release, and you are probably having diarrhoea from taking too much chilli. Neither of these are useful things for you, I'm afraid. Eating too much fat at once can also cause diarrhoea. (And if, like many people, you have gallstones quietly sitting in your gall bladder, it can also trigger biliary colic, which is agonisingly painful. Trust me, you don't want to go there.) Actually, I'd guess that it's most likely the combination, but to be sure you should see a doctor, at least if the diarrhoea continues once you've stopped taking the chilli.

None of this is anything to do with your metabolism, or your body magically learning to distinguish between better and worse foods. If the diarrhoea hasn't stopped, get some medication to stop it and check that you're not dehydrated. Stop taking the chilli, it's irritating your gastro-intestinal tract. Don't beat yourself up about the kebab, everyone goes off plan now and again and the important thing is to hop back on the wagon and not let a lapse interfere with your overall weight loss journey.
it wasnt diarrhoea it didnt continues for days was just literally i ate those two meals that why i found it wired as was days apart and my body didnt react like that eating anything else this week
Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
i had to run to the toilet ............and i was on the toilet about 4 times in the space of 15mins the kaebab had just went straight thru me..........:
So what did you mean by that if not diarrhoea? Vomiting?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #5  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esofia View Post
So what did you mean by that if not diarrhoea? Vomiting?
like a loose number 2, but wouldnt say diarrhoea i had no pain like you would with diarrhoea i didnt feel ill , came on straight after both meals and didnt continue . was just lots of it and jus had to "GO" and kept going 2 or 3 times then it stopped
Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #6  

Yes, that's diarrhoea. It doesn't have to go on for hours to qualify. Four times in fifteen minutes is definitely not something you should think of as good.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I eat a very high fat diet, probably 70 to 80% of my calories coming from fat, and I haven't had anything like that happen. My digestion generally seems so much better eating this way and I believe my body is using just about everything I eat for fuel (I'm eating no veggies or fruits, so no undigestibles). I have a BM once every three or four days and it is small (tmi, I know, but we are talking poop here, lol). I seriously don't think what you're talking about could be caused by the fat in those meals, especially since we're not talking a ton of fat. It may be more than you're used to, but my guess is it's no where near 50%.

Plus, and I do understand that not everyone sees things this way, I don't believe that a super low fat or no fat diet is good for you so I don't think having a bit of fat causing you to run to the bathroom like that would be a sign that your body is finally working as it should. If the fat is wooshing through you for some reason, it's probably something that should be fixed, not something that shows you are fixed.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote