Old 07-25-2011, 01:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 1.75" (that 3/4 inch is important!)

Default Need help in Hawaii!

Hello all! I am starting MRC again after having a successful go of it in 2006when I lived in TX and had an MRC location close by. Now I'm in Hawaii (my husband is in the Navy) where the nearest location is thousands of miles away! But hello I live in the swimsuit capital of the world. Haha. I've been counting calories and using SparkPeople for the last 3 months and lost about 20 lbs. But then gained a few back when I went home to the mainland. So I know I just nead something with more boundries like MRC. i still have my META-SLIM menus (yellow,blue,green) but I've been reading through the threads and noticed people talking about a pre-conditioning phase. What is that? That wasn't around in '06.If someone has that menu I would love a copy if you wouldn't mind.

Also, I saw someone mention a new MRC plan but that it was a secret and couldn't be talked about on here. Why is that? Did MRC say to keep it under wraps? I'm just wondering if the people that have tried it if they think it's significantly better. I don't want anyone to break the rules by talking about it. I was just thinking if it's that much better then I'll see about having my mom go to my old MRC location and get those menus.

I appreciate any input, help, advice. And if you have the preconditioning menu or any newer info that you think I need,please email me: jmneiman83 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks in advance! Aloha!
SailorsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #2  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Use the search function under the MRC forum and search for "menus". There's a whole thread dedicated to them. You'll have to read through it to find them, but I think almost all of them are there. They're probably not a whole lot different than your own. I did it in 2007, and it hasn't changed much at all. Preconditioning has changed, but that's about it. Preconditioning is just to get your body away from all the carbs. I think it's meant to reduce headaches, etc. by weaning you off. It should be in the menu thread as well.

The "secret" is HCG. Look at the second sticky at the top of the forum, and it explains why we aren't allowed to talk about it. It's a 3FC rule, not an MRC rule.

Good luck this time around! I'm like you-- I lost about 20 lbs. over 8 months or so with calorie counting, but I do better with more strict rules than calorie counting.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:15 AM   #3  

Tara, thanks so much for the info! I think I found what I needed. I love this site. It's great to have the support of others going through the same stuff!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #4  

Hi again! I've been reading through some more of the threads and read something about the Meta-balance menu for people that workout a lot. I have taken up working out 4 -5 days in the the last couple months. If you are on the meta-balance menu do you think b/c of my exercising I should be on that menu now instead of Meta-Slim? If so, can I get a copy of the meta-balance menu please? My email is in my first post. I appreciate any help and advice!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #5  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I don't know much about metabalance. I worked out 5 days a week last time both cardio and weight training with a trainer. I did about an hour and a half a day combined. I got hungrier, and they told me to eat half a bar after my workout. However, I'm not sure they even had metabalance at that time. I plan to start again once my baby is old enough for the daycare there, but I don't know anything about that yet.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #6  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I wasn't on metabalance, but my understanding is that it is slightly more calories, divided into 6 small meals for the day. It is definitely designed for those working out more than 4 hours a week (hard workouts--not just walking), as your body requires more calories then.

You might want to private message (or start a metabalance question thread to catch people's attention) hatesthesweatpants to ask about it. She switched to metabalance when she plateaued for 2 months due to "too much" working out for the regular MRC plan.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #7  

Thanks teacherlady. I read through a TON of posts and I think I've put the menu together for the most part. I REALLY want to talk with hatesthesweatpants but I just don't have enough posts to PM her yet. But I'm working on it! Thanks for you input!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #8  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorsGirl View Post
Thanks teacherlady. I read through a TON of posts and I think I've put the menu together for the most part. I REALLY want to talk with hatesthesweatpants but I just don't have enough posts to PM her yet. But I'm working on it! Thanks for you input!
She's not on the board much anymore, as she's been on maintenance for several months now. I went ahead and PMed her for you, so hopefully she'll get that and either respond here or PM you. She's an awesome resource, so I hope she sees it and can help you out.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Hi! Yes, metabalance is a great plan. It worked for me after I stopped losing on metaslim. It basically looks like this:
B: 1oz cheese or 1 egg, 1 carb (low cal), 1c skim milk or nonfat plain yogurt
S: 1 HNS mixed with 4oz juice or fruit
L: 3 oz protein, veggies, 1 fruit, 1t oil
S: HNS, 1 carb
D: 3 oz protein, veggies, 1 carb, 1t oil
S: 1c skim milk or plain nonfat yogurt, 1 HNS
You can substitute a meal replacement bar for 1 snack per day.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote