Old 01-17-2003, 09:33 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default TGIFriday's Thread

Thank goodness it's finally here!!
Old 01-17-2003, 09:34 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! I don't know about you guys but I am SO glad that it's Friday. I think this has been the longest week ever!

I have a big pile of work to wade through, but I'll stop back in later. I just wanted to tell everyone to have a wonderful day!!
Old 01-17-2003, 10:10 AM   #3  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jess, hi everyone!

I am going to work today...leaving in another 45 minutes. Today is the only day I work this week, so it has been nice.

Last night ended up being a bust with dh....both of us were not feeling well, so we ended up just grabbing a sub, and then coming home. He woke up this morning with the flu (poor guy!) and I am still feeling quite achy.

Lori...Thanks so much for the complement yesterday! I still feel absolutly huge, and have some major issues with my face and double chin...but I am hoping that another 30 pounds from now my face will have slimmed out too.

Have a great OP day all! I won't be able to check in (well maybe when I come home for lunch if I have time).

Angie
Old 01-17-2003, 12:27 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Default Brush with Death....

Hi Jess and Angie! How are you both?

I am OK today, but very groggie - I went into anapylactic (sp?) shock yesterday. I don't know why, but I suspect it was celery. I ate some and not five minutes later had a sore stomach and tingly lips. Then I got hives and my lips swelled. Soon I couldn't breathe out of my nose and I had trouble breathing through my mouth.

I got a shot of adrenaline and benadryl and I must take benadryl for 3 more days.

It was really scary!! I was about 20 min from death at that time, said the doc. That is scary. To think I could die so easily! Anyway, no celery for me. I am going to my family doc on Teusday for a referral to an allergist to pinpoint the cause and get a medicalert bracelet. I have reactions to sulfa drugs too so I'll just put both allergies on teh bracelet. Yikes.

Angie sorry to hear that your dh is sickly!! So much sickness going around lately!!

I am having trouble staying awake with the benadryl and it doesn't come in non-drowsy! AGH....trying....to....stay....awake.....
Old 01-17-2003, 01:27 PM   #5  

Belle,

I am so glad you are ok!!! Stay away from the celery!!!!

Benedryl always makes me sleepy!
Old 01-17-2003, 01:38 PM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

How horrible Belle! I'm so glad that you are O.K.

Jess - I'm glad it's Friday but since I work tomorrow too, I'll be even happier when it's Sunday!

Angie - sorry the date with DH didn't work out. Hope you both feel better.

Hi Tonya! How goes the quest to get back on track? I'm back to exercising and journaling but still eating more points than I "should" according to WW. I decided to do that purposely though - I'm trying to eat healthy when I feel hunger so I can see what affect that has on the scale.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:18 PM   #7  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Home for lunch.

Belle...OMG how horrible!! That must have been SO scary. I am so glad that you got to the dr's on time. Haven't you had cerery before? Why would you react now to it?? Weird! I hope they find out exactly what went wrong!

Wintergirl....I am feeling pretty ok...just achy. I think my dh must be feeling better because when I came walked thru the door he was sitting up watching talk shows. Men! LOL
Closed Thread