Old 07-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Hitting goal

My husband is within a frog's hair of reaching his goal.

So we've learned that you should start Phase II when you are at 90% of your goal. But . . . our coach says we have to reach goal and then start Phase II where you keep losing -- because in Phase III you gain weight.

It is making my husband kind of upset because he thinks our coach is trying to string the $$ process along. He does not want to lose any more weight -- he thinks he looks pretty good right now (and he does -- ). We are really struggling with our coach in other ways too.

I think there is fine line between wanting to make $$ and wanting to help people out.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom? I know there is great support out here on this forum -- some of you have no coach, a great coach and, well, not such a great coach.
Lone Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I have asked about Phase 2... my coach said that it's up to each person to decide when they are done. So, have him tell your coach that he wants to move to Phase 2... He will still lose in Phase 2.

"My body, my business."
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on hitting the goal! The goal is not set in concrete. If your husband is done he is done. The coach is to assist and guide on the journey not be the one to be making the final decisions. That is up to the individual!
justamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I agree, tell the coach he wants to move to phase 2. To be honest, even if the coach doesn't agree your husband can just move to phase 2 on his own. from my understanding, all you do is have a lunch just like the dinner you now have in lieu of an IP packet. The coach wouldn't even know until the next week when you don't need to order as much food! I have heard that you gain 2-5 back in the last phases as your glycogen stores replenish etc. (even though my coach said she didn't think so), so your husband may want to consider if he'd still be happy at a +5....
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #5  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Loser View Post
My husband is within a frog's hair of reaching his goal.

So we've learned that you should start Phase II when you are at 90% of your goal. But . . . our coach says we have to reach goal and then start Phase II where you keep losing -- because in Phase III you gain weight.

It is making my husband kind of upset because he thinks our coach is trying to string the $$ process along. He does not want to lose any more weight -- he thinks he looks pretty good right now (and he does -- ). We are really struggling with our coach in other ways too.

I think there is fine line between wanting to make $$ and wanting to help people out.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom? I know there is great support out here on this forum -- some of you have no coach, a great coach and, well, not such a great coach.
Sorry to hear that. The main coach (Hubby's and mine) at our clinic, also says we have to stay in Phase 1 until we reach our goal 100%. And regarding the "weight gain in Phase 3"... we will all gain approx 2 -5ish pounds back when we start taking in carbs because our glycogen stores need to be replenished again. I want to be 170 (er...um....well....rethinking that goal weight right now....but just go with me on this), so I need to get down to 165ish, so that when my glycogen stores are back to where they should be, I should be around 170.

As this has been (and still is) an amazing adventure and Blessing, I still believe it is ultimately YOUR decision when you want to move onto the next Phase and NOT your Coach's decision as to what you SHOULD weigh.

Our coach is a lot more "layed back" than the "main" coach I mentioned above. The "main" coach told my husband he should weigh 195!!! Hubby is all muscle now (and weighs 214)....but he would look terrible at that lower weight!! Our coach (who we see now every week unless she's on vacation, etc) listens to us and lets us make the decision of what we feel is best for us. For example....we both love the shakes, and will make them a permanent part of our maintenance. Currently, Hubby uses one at lunch (we are still in Phase 1), and it works out perfectly because sometimes it's very hard to leave his desk. Instead of him moving onto Phase 2, he will go directly to Phase 3 (while I move onto Phase 2).....because his lunches won't change.....and our coach is ok with that.

I am sorry that your coach isn't supportive. I think that you need to tell your coach that Hubby is happy where he's at and he should move to Phase 2 (where he will likely lose a few more pounds....and then probably gain them back in Phase 3....which will put him where he's at right now).

Ultimately this is your decision (well, and Hubby's) and no one else's!! Best wishes!!!

Last edited by disgal; 07-23-2011 at 09:08 AM.
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

You are sooooo close to 90% yourself. Congrats to both of you. I agree with the others. If he's ready to move just do it. If you don't want the coach to know right away maybe order the same number of packets you always have and you will just have more variety for yourself while he eats something else at lunch. Good luck.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #7  
I know I can

I would just tell them I am now going to Phase 2. You should have the sheet with Phase II, WHICH STATES "to be followed until your weight loss goal is achieved."
My gosh, that coach is just ridiculous!
Congratulations by the way!

Last edited by Watkat; 07-23-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #8  
I know I can

Here is the link to Jordana's shortcut to the pdf for PhaseII.
Print it out and take it with you to the coach.
All of the phases are listed on the Sticky. They are the very first highlighted post. Jordana posted all of the phases in pdf form for us. She is amazing.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...al-protein.pdf

Last edited by Watkat; 07-23-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all of your responses! It is true, my husband doesn't want to be below 165 -- he is 5' 11" and he is looking mighty fine right now. And if I could be rid of my belly, (why is that the last thing to go?) I'd say . . . this is far enough for me too.

We have talked this over for the past couple of weeks -- and he's pretty much decided that he is going to go to Phase II on Monday. If our coach get's all wigged out about it, I guess we can go to the alternative plans -- I've been reading up on that plan on the forum. In fact, I am beginning to use other products from Nashua and just bought some Jay Robb Whey too.

Those of you who have a coach with a laid back attitude will probably stay with your coaches -- whereas those of us who have more rigid coaches may tend to drop out. And that is too bad -- because I really think that the IP plan is great. I've never lost weight this quickly and have seen others of you who have also been having great success -- this plan works! And, it works well.

There is only one other coach in our area that was listed on the IP site -- and who knows if that coach is any better? I'd really like to go it alone with the IP products. I can check that out too.
Lone Loser is offline   Reply With Quote