Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/242/168

Height: 5ft 7

Default You will not believe what I have bought....

Ok so since I have noticed a differance in the shape and look of my body I have become slightly more confident ( especially in the bedroom)
I have always been the lights off type of girl and was always thinking more about how much my belly was wobbling than what was actually happening at the time! My husband has obviously noticed the change in me and brought up the subject of sexy underwear!!! OMG!!! the thought of it alone made me cringe, but when he said that he had always loved the shape of my body regardless of how much I have weighed, I thought "oh well" how bad could it be...after all we have been together 8 years!
So.. I asked him what he would like to see me in ( I have no idea what he finds sexy) and he told me that he liked lacy, see through babydolls or a full bodysuit
So yesterday I spent a good couple of hours looking at stuff online and I must admit I was a little overwhelmed by how little these things cover...I am by no means frigid but the thought of me putting any of the things I was looking at on my body actually made me laugh ha ha ha!! It doesn't help that the models are all stick thin with boobs under their chin
Anyway I have done it!!! I am not going to go into detail of what I bought but lets just say that it covers very little. I have arranged for my mother to have the kids overnight in a couple of weeks and thats when I plan to suprise him with it!! Whether or not it is a good suprise or not remains to be seen
Have any other of you ladies took the plunge and done or worn something since losing weight that you wouldn't have done before??
niknaknat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Good woman! You have a fabulous time!

I think my partner and I will get something interesting once I'm down to goal weight, but I'm not losing a huge amount and too broke to buy clothes that will only fit for a few months, so I'm trying to make do until I get there.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #3  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Awww, good for you! That will be a great night and I bet he'll LOVE it. It also shows confidence which men love as well. Good for you!

We haven't yet, but we're long distance and I have no need to use money on things like that until he's back here so they fit!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

Is it possible to wear your new outfit around the house a while your DH is gone? That way you can have a little private dress rehearsal and feel more comfortable in your new attire. If it's more of a a bra and panty set, wear it under your clothes while out sometime. It's amazing how starting with sexy underwear (no matter your current weight) boosts your ego,even under just jeans and a T-shirt. Have fun with it!
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #5  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

I agree with Veal! You want to feel sexy and confident! Cause if you do he's going to see that and he will love it. I'd definitely try to find some time to play in it and see how awesome I look and how far I've come. And when you do that, look at all the awesome things about you. Don't be like so many women and pick out what you hate. Confidence really does over do miniscule flaws especially when that person loves you. The sexier you feel and think you are, he will too. That's so exciting and sweet to me. Woooo, have fun!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/242/168

Height: 5ft 7

Ha ha ha...thanks ladies
I am definately going to take your advice and maybe try it on while he is at work ( I will have to close the curtains though)!! I am by no means near my goal weight but i am definately on my way and I feel soooo much better for it. If he had asked me the same thing 6 months ago I would have told him to get lost! I have thought about maybe wearing my heels with it to make my legs look longer and slimmer as well...omg!! what is happening!! I cannot believe I am actually talking about his never mind doing it!! I have so many issues with my body, bits that I dont like, bits that I wish were firmer, but my hubby loves everything about my body and has never made me feel fat or unattractive so I am sort of thinking...what the **** just do it!! ha ha ha!! Part of me knows I am going to feel a right idiot prancing around the house in this stuff with heels on so maybe a little practice run is whats needed to make me more relaxed about it all
niknaknat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #7  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Good for you!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Have any other of you ladies took the plunge and done or worn something since losing weight that you wouldn't have done before??
When I turned 19, I bought myself a sexy cami and panties set and I've pretty much bought "some fancy undies" at least annually since. So that covers 160 - 275 lbs of me across 16 years!

Some have been great, and even the one dud was great... but in a different way.

DH asked me to wear a lacy bodysuit once that he bought me even though I'm not a lace fan. I put it on and laughed and jumped around our room going "Look! It's like I'm Fifi, the circus poodle!"

And he said "Ok, ok... it isn't what I thought it would be like either. I was trying though!"

Then I made him put it on because it was only fair. Then we had silly, giggly sex, and threw the Fifi thing away. LOL.

It's just fun -- don't stress out about it and enjoy each other.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-23-2011 at 11:15 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 287.2/250.0/165

Height: 5' 10"

If your dh is anything like mine then he will definately think that it is a very good surprise.
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #10  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Wow, that's great! I'd love to do something like that when I get closer to my goal... only because I'm a broke college student, and I don't want to have to replace it when it no longer fits, hehe.

But my SO makes me feel loads more confident about myself. Even when I feel I'm at my fattest, when I'm with him, I feel sexy! Loved ones are great like that.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #11  

it feels so good to of reached one of my mini goals, 17lbs in the last 2 months... that i decided i deserve a few new items. I went to LOFT this week and got some realllllly cute stuff... I also found out they have a contest going on their facebook page where you can win free concert tickets. Maybe I can wear my new clothes there if i win
crazyaboutgym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #12  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaknat View Post
oh gosh, losing weight, toning up and getting smaller made me SO confident, so different than how I was always hiding and so meek before. My DH super-supportive me by delving into buying 'fun' clothes.

Yay for you and your DH for enjoying your hard work! and I can suggest that wearing things like that full bodysuit actually kinda hold things in..and things like a long sleeved close-fitting black mesh shirt actually are sexier than wearing nothing! or I think so. I guess guys like nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaknat View Post
I have thought about maybe wearing my heels with it to make my legs look longer and slimmer as well...)
oh, great idea!

Last edited by VermontMom; 07-28-2011 at 08:10 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #13  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

niknaknat ~ I have to say that your post inspired me to order something...um...saucy, to say it politely. I haven't worn anything sexy for my husband in quite some time, but after reading your post I just went for it! So, in a round-about way, thanks!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Ooh ladies!

When I was with my ex boyfriend I used to answer the door to him in just my lacy undies, it was a surprise for him, and I found that acting sexy made me feel it myself too. But if youre still a little shy, you could always team the undies with a silky wrap/dressing gown type thing? I bought a lovely satin short dressing gown for just a few pounds from Primark and I feel great in that with just my underwear underneath. Its great for falling asleep afterwards in too!

Have fun! :P
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #15  

Yes, I have bought something before. Fredricks of Hollywood attire. Mine is still in the box, waiting for me yet to be brave enough to wear it.

Have fun.
cookinmary is offline   Reply With Quote