Old 07-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #1  

Default Teeth problems?

Anyone else have them?
Trips to the dentist are SOOO embarassing. I get asked stuff like "Do you drink a lot of soda?" and sometimes I would just say yes, because I do not want to explain that I wake up sometimes in the AM to eat tons of sweets and I would just fall right back to bed. I brush and floss, but no matter how hard I try there are still traces of sugar I am sure, since I love gooey stuff that gets really into the teeth. I never felt totally clean no matter how long I brushed after eating a lot of sweets, which I ate late at night.
On the positive side-around April/May I had 2 big cavities and I had to wait because of insurance, so my teeth got really bad but only those 2 cavities were bad (1 is fixed now, the other will be) and no other big cavities. I think that its related to me consuming less sugar.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #2  

Try eating a few cashew nuts after eating sugar. Cashews are a good cavity fighter.

Here is an article on why you get cavities:
http://knol.google.com/k/tooth-healt...-for-cavities#

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

I have teeth problems, though not the same. Gum disease, ech! My own fault, didn't used to take good care of my teeth at all. It was made much worse by the fact that I have extremely short roots in about half my teeth (damn you, genetics!!! *shakes fist*), so by the time I went to the dentist a few years back, my teeth were getting really loose. I thought I was going to lose them! Thank goodness a good cleaning and better dental hygiene helped, but sheesh, what a scare.
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote