Old 07-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/179/120

Talking Checking in

Just thought i would check in, as it helps to keep me motivated.... I have been doing atkins since March 7, 2011 and have now lost a total of 32 pds and 42 inchs............yea me!!!! I have a goal of about 56 more pounds, so im not quite half way there, but i just wanted to say it does work and the longer i eat like this the easier it gets, i really dont miss sugar or flour, i have found almond flour and made MIM's with that and wow, they are good, add a little banana flavoring and it tastes just like banana bread....where there's a will theres a way!!!! I switched to OWL in May, and stay around 25-30 carbs a day, some days less......hope this inspires someone to stick with this way of life as soo many of you have inspired me to stick with it!!
shay1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Congratulations Shay and

I agree, the longer you do it the easier it gets. I am not on atkins currently but was in the past and felt so good on it... I mean really good.

I have never worked with almond flour... is it more dense then regular? Just curious.. I could probably never eat it since I have a problem digesting nuts LOL

Good luck on your Journey !!!!

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/179/120

Thank you Lennie, yes almond flour is just ground up almonds, it has a 'sweet' taste on its own, i wonder if you could eat it, as the almonds are ground, maybe easier to digest???
I also feel really good....so much energy, and require less sleep, i also take vitamins so i think that helps, mainly a daily vitamin and a 'super' B complex, that makes a difference, a day without my 'B' and i feel it...LOL
Thanks again
shay1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh..even creamy peanut butter kills me (see what happens when you get old lol), but boy I bet the almond flour taste really good. Sounds like you could make it yourself. I remember grinding/crushing up pistachios and using that as a coating for my fish and chicken mmmmmm mmmmmm.

I am glad to hear you are taking vitamins I know on Atkins, cheese/dairy is limited, so I used to take calcium/vit D as well. The only problem I had with vitamin B was I used to break out in a really strange burning red rash so I stopped taking it as an extra and just stuck to what was in my multi-vitamin.

I don't post a lot in this section but should you need anything please feel free to PM me. Don't forget about the great LC recipe section here ... glad you joined us.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #5  

Wow, great results! Congratulations!
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #6  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Way to Go, Shay!

What terrific losses! Your story does inspire me to keep going too. I'm halfway to my goal, but it's been tough lately to stay on plan. I'm back on now and appreciate the inspiration!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote