PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Angry Vent: PCOS PMS Rage!

GRRRRR! OMG, talk me down you guys!

I am experiencing evil PCOS PMS from beyond. I forgot what this is like and why I always prefered being on BCP.

I am not pregnant. It has been 87 days since my last period. I felt fine until this week. I have been snappy and cranky with my kid and DH. I want to scream, kill, punch, whatever. Total tantrum. I'm losing it, and I'm having a hard time keeping it together today.

I'm a reformed emotional eater, so I'm worried this is going to lead to an anger binge later tonight or tomorrow. Even though I want to I cannot actually yell at my kid or spouse -- they did not ask for this. It isn't their fault I'm all rage-y.

But their even just breathing the same air I do makes me want to scream. My kid cannot help it, she is a kid. But if I hear any more little kid chatterbox stuff today I will LOSE IT. Go to sleep kid!

My DH isn't trying to be anything other than his normal sweet self, but my body is so bloaty, sensitive, and hyper that if he tries to kiss me I'm going to punch him.

I'm so on the edge I feel like a crazy lady -- I'm either going to burst into tears or burst into violence. I feel that pent up!

A few months ago I had had some PCOS cyst crazy so I decided to come off the pill back then to give my body a break. I'd been bleeding for 3 weeks, had ultrasound, and my doc agreed that I could use a break to replenish my iron and get healed from the cysts going haywire.

I thought I'd wait til whenever it started again to restart a pack and if it went to 90 days I'd crank it back up with Provera or I'd try the Vitex route and see if that would help any. I know the Vitex takes time. Months more even.

I just don't know that I can take it for months more!

DH and I have been using condoms, I'm not worried about it from the pregnancy angle. And my preg test at the doc last week was negative like I expected it to be. (They always check to be sure.)

But now I'm torn between keeping on with the Vitex and hoping to just have a period whenever I have it. Maybe all this rage means it's about to happen? I sure hope so. I feel evil.

Last week I had seen my doc for Provera but she doesn't do that any more and instead gave me a 'scrip for BCP and told me to just take 'em and period would be when it is. At the time I was feeling ok, so I thought I'd just fill it and put it off.

But now I'm like PMS Monster.

What do I do?! Should I hang in there? Does it sound like period is around the corner? But this is like monster period. I much prefer mellow period on BCP. And what if it isn't around the corner? Do I endure the rage?

And what about other solutions besides BCP? Is progesterone cream something I ought to think about? Because eventually we want to think vasectomy for DH and as we get older I don't want to stay on BCP forever.

I know I make probably make no sense right now... I'm on the crazy train.

Thanks for letting me vent. But any experiences or stories or general "hang in there" type support will be welcome.

I guess diet wise I have to go to damage control and try not to get too wacked out.

Sigh.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-20-2011 at 09:50 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hang in there! I wish I had something better to offer... but I'm really sorry you're feeling rage-y, and I hope that it passes ASAP. *good wishes sent your way*
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Thanks. I feel better now that I let some of that out to the universe, instead of holding it in all day and trying to keep cool in front of my kid but dang!

I feel c r a z y!

I'm going to go clean something. I don't WANT to clean right now but it is better than sitting and fretting and at least I get the jump on tomorrow's chores/errand things I have to do.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Stupid PMS!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-20-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #4  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

I know EXACTLY what you mean some days just looking at me pisses me off. Some days someone just saying hello makes me want to punch them. Some people think that I have anger issues when I know I dont because this happens rarely and if it does happen it is (usually) involving the same people. Unfortunately what I have to say probably isnt what you want to hear. I get these days and don't get a period. I am not actively having sex so I know im not pregnant. I usually get 1-2 periods a year, this year I have had 3 but I normally get the "episodes" every 1-2 months. As far as taking the BCP that is up to you. For myself I don't recommend it but every person is different. All I can say is I know what you mean and hang in there! Hopefully it will pass soon! Oh and binging is NOT the answer...don't do it! Drink lots of water! and if you need to "binge" binge on carrot sticks and celery with hummus YUM! now thats good stuff but way healthier for you
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
I'm going to go clean something. I don't WANT to clean right now but it is better than sitting and fretting and at least I get the jump on tomorrow's chores/errand things I have to do.
That's a feeling I can definitely relate to. Like there's a knotted ball of some emotion inside of me, and even though I don't really WANT to clean sometimes just doing -anything- physical helps redirect the knot. If nothing else I can feel accomplished!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Thanks! Hearing some supportive comments helps.

Last night I cleaned the living room and organized a mess of laundry and then snuggled with DH and felt a little better. Got some deep sleep and that helps too.

I still feel kinda pent up, tiger in a cage ish. But not as enraged about it. Hopefully I can keep it at the "restless pacing tiger" place or better and not be all "tiger on the attack" again!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-21-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/180

I completely understand. However, PCOS can cause depression and anxiety issues. Have you considered talking to your doctor about that? I have a lot of that prior to starting my period and even some during. You just feel totally out of control of your body, no matter what people do, they still tick you off. I have tried just taking a walk to get away for a half hour, and that works a lot! Hope it gets better...if not, maybe talk to your doc!
JenRoling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Thanks -- I already have seen GP doc in the past about anxiety/stress. I also have an endoc appt coming up next week.

What's changed lately is

1) coming off BCP (which usually helps keep me feeling more stable and not hormonal and rollercoastery)

2) My barmy Dad and help my mom with getting him to a dx. We suspect Alzheimer and his outbursts are very stressful.

Can't do much about 2, but I know I can go back to BCP and feel better.

I'm trying to hold out a bit more so hopefully endoc labs can tell me what's up with my period hormones without BCP masking any of that.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-22-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/198/130

Hi,
I'm so sorry for how you're feeling I know it's frustrating.

Although I'm on BCP to regulate period, the real reason I got started was because I thought I was going to lose my mind. I would have PMS that sounds much like yours and would bounce from anger to extreme sadness from moment to moment. I really did think I was losing my mind.

The problem was that I never knew if it was PMS or not as my periods weren't regular, so how could I know if a period was coming . . .or if I was just nutty?

I really hope you find a solution, sounds like a lot of options there. You may want to ask your doctor if there is a natural herb supplement you can take, my friend has had success with one, don't know the name right now but will ask her and pass it on to you.
redbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #10  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Thanks again, gang.

I'm doing better now at the end of the day. Still kinda tiger pace-y and a monster headache, but it seems to be abating.

The inner tiger actually sat down a few times instead of pacing inside my head all day. Maybe this episode is on the way out?

I sure hope so!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-22-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/191

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry! I hope you are feeling better today!
1049jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #12  
Swing and a miss...

S/C/G: 220/215/135

Height: 5'4"

I read this and had to bust out laughing (NOOOO offense!!!) because I get the same way. Man I thought I was the only one and was just nuts!! I know it's been a while since this thread was posted in but that's ok
220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #13  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Nope -- you def aren't alone!

Hope your "tiger days" are few and far between!

A.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

I find when I get a little crazy feeling..due to pms .. ( I also have the curse of PCOS) ..is to find water somewhere.. like to swim in or sit in.. or just rest you legs in.. ex: pool, lake, ocean, hot tub..kids splash pool..

Water is very calming and healing and soothing.. this always helps me.. plus you can bring your kid too
Also try drinking herb tea Chamomile is good with some mint..
Feel better soon!
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote