Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 07:49 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Thursday Thread

Hello! Well today is one of my two days off of babysitting. So, I got to sleep late today because I don't have to be at the house at 3, which means I JUST GOT INTO WORK!!!! Woohoo! 7:30 start instead of 6:30 start here...much better hehe.

Deb - congrats on getting out there. I don't even want to walk from the door to my car its so cold out here!

Laura - sorry to hear about your bad day. Thats one thing I really like about our apartments is that when you tell them you want something done, they do it. Although, one of the washers in the laundry room has been broken for about 3 months now, but at least they will fix everything IN the apartment in a friendly and timely manner

So I guess thats it right now. I had a late night again last night. Worked, then babysat at 3. Dropped Nathan (the 10 year old) off at hockey practice at 7. Went to my apartment, had dinner, took care of the bills, ate dinner (cheese and crackers and turkey), picked Nathan up from hockey at 9, drove him home, then went back home. Got home around 9:30, went to bed at 10:30. BTW the Bruins lost to THE PANTHERS because they still really suck Busy day *phew*

I have now decided there is NO WAY i want to have more than 2 kids. 3 is just too much.

Ok, I'll BBL
Old 01-16-2003, 07:51 AM   #2  

Hey I mentioned I ate dinner twice. I really only ate once. Must have food on the brain!
Old 01-16-2003, 09:16 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking Howdy!

Good morning everyone! OK, maybe I'm a little nuts, but there's snow on the ground, and I am thrilled!

Not much happening here... I stayed OP yesterday and even backwards banked some points for Tuesday's chocolate binge. So, I'm pretty happy with myself.

Lori--Wow, sounds like did have a really busy yesterday. I hope today is quieter for you.

Well, that's about all I know. I'm going to do some work now and will stop back in later!
Old 01-16-2003, 10:28 AM   #4  

Jess - it is so cold out here...i wish it were snowing. then at least it would be worth having the cold weather!
Old 01-16-2003, 10:41 AM   #5  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi jess, Hi Lori, and anyone else lurking

I am having a really blah day today...just not feeling well. (My liver is definatly acting up again). I had a performance review this morning at work. I was SO nervous, but didn't get fired so that is a good sign Actually I have a very cool boss, so I wasn't TOO worried...but still was nervous and felt like I was having my interview all over again.

I have a date tonight with my dh, and I have the whole afternoon off from work and both kids! My youngest is at my MIL's and older is at school. I can do whatever I want!!

I went to weigh in last night and when I got there a sign was on the door saying it was cancelled. GRRRR I was so not happy. I was actually looking forward to wi because I think I might have gotten my 25 pound star...oh well I guess it'll still be there next week.

Lori...Enjoy your day off.

Jess...Sounds like you are doing really good (op wise). We have snow here too you can have it...I hate the stuff!

Have a great OP day all!

Angie
Old 01-16-2003, 10:46 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi gals. I am tired this morning. I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't fall back asleep. When I finally did, I got 15 minutes. Ughhhhh.... And hubby steals my body pillow that I need for my huge belly!

Other than that... I am ready to not be PG. I keep expanding and my clothes don't. And I don't have a ton of maturnity clothes and don't want to buy a ton more because I only have 3 months left. Oh the joys!

OH and I am very jealous of the snow people are getting. We are super ice age cold here with negative numbers... but absolutely no snow. Normally we have 25+ inches by now. Last year was very dry also, and they say this year it really will affect the plants because there is no snow insullation for the cold. UGHHH... I lost some last year (I have lots of flower gardens). Plus with having a baby in May, I am not going to be able to get out there and dig and plant right away.

That's it!
Old 01-16-2003, 12:32 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls
we have no snow but tons of cold its about 25 here and with the windchill its feeling like 10
lori you are one busy woman! i definitely dont want more than 2 kids either
Angie enjoy your afternoon to yourself!! indulge a bubble bath may be in order and have fun with dh tonight
Hi Jen excuse my ignorance for a tiny bit as I have never been pregnant for around the house can you just buy some stretch pants and long tops? is your office formal or would they under stand that in the last trimester you deserve to be comfy and treated like a goddess as for the planting can you do some work in pots and have hubby put them in the ground this way you still get fun in the soil without all the bending
I love plants but bending well that doesnt happen lol YET!
I was supposed to go to work this week
but my grandmothers sick and havign shall we say a senior week versus moment
and my mom has a pinched nerve in her shoulder or neck we're not sure and we're waiting on insurance cards
so i have been busy tending to the infirmed while still being a bit infirmed myself sinus infection bleh
I started that BC patch yesterday so far so good but I'm paranoid its going to fall off!
Bf and I are going away tommorrow THANK GOD! i can get out of this house I have to clean today and get ready to pack and move back to school and find some textbooks that are hiding
oh and I get to scrub the bathroom! gosh life's exciting
I actually volunteered to do it I just have to find the mop
no not my hair it just looks like one today
ever have one of those days where you throw on clothes but the bed head just wont be tamed?
So armed with my tilex I WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE or something
I'm also looking for a new job and found a perfect one except its at night part time but would kill my study time grrr priorities
anyway my psychic powers tell me my gramm will be off the phone soon so I'd best rustle up some food
bbl
Love
Kier
the manic potty scrubber with the stunning hairdo
Old 01-16-2003, 01:03 PM   #8  

Hi all-I have been lurking! Can I just say, ANGIE YOU LOOK FAB!!! You can really see the wt. loss in those pics!

Jess-Way to go on those backward banked points!

Jen-L-Gap.com, OLD Navy.com and JCPenney.com are having good sales on maternity clothes-I got pants for $14 at Gap.com...you should treat yourself to something new!

Hi to everyone else-me and baby are doing well-I have been eating like a pig this week though-gotta watch that! heard the heartbeat a few days ago for the 1st time-that was pretty exciting!
Lori
Old 01-16-2003, 01:35 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member and would really appreciate some tips on how to avoid cravings(by the way I just had a bag of popcorn, which deep down I know is bad for me but went for it anyways). Also, does everyone find water to be helpful in lowering your appetite. It would be really beneficial if everyone could give me a list of how they managed to lose weight. I think my main problem is motivation, and the fact that I don't have anyone with whom to be held accountable for my eating patterns. I need all the advice I can get.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2003, 02:27 PM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

KO... I have bought stretch pants in several sizes bigger, but they are starting to cut into my belly because the waistbands aren't as stretchy as maturnity! What happened is this pair of black ones that I wear all the time, the hem in the leg ripped and I am not sure it is worth fixing. So my big debate is getting one more pair or not. Also, I am due in May, which normally should be warmer than now. So I don't want to buy tons more of shirts and not wear them much. Also, since this may be my last child, I don't want to buy tons of clothes and have to give them away barely worn. I was PG with Emma mostly in the summer and didn't have much for winter clothes this time around. OHHHH dilemas!

Lori, I am super fussy with maturnity pants. I am in a knit only stage now because the bigger I get the more that those dern panelled pants pinch under my belly. I can wear those early on, but now I am pushing 26 weeks (OMG), I am definately getting big. So I looked last week on-line and couldn't find anything I just had to have. We have NOTHING here for maturnity stores either!

oh, I am just whiney today!
Old 01-16-2003, 03:24 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Hi folks - yesterday was application deadline for the students here so we were crazy busy. And today we have lots of people dropping off late apps. But I'm here. I'll come back and post proper after lunch.
KT
Old 01-16-2003, 04:23 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls! I have been MIA today as I am totally busy and I met a friend for lunch. I just had the feeling she was pregnant so I said, I haev a feeling you will tell me you are pregnant and she broke out in a big smile - only 8 weeks though, so they aren't telling anyone yet. I think that's halarious! I just don't know how I knew....?? Maybe I have Kier's psychic powers??? I have the crazy hair to go with it!!

I ate at 30 point yesterday - BAD ME! But today doing much better. Had greek for lunch but kept it very LF. And tonight a bowl of WWchili at mom's! Yay me!!

Lori - wow, 6:30 IS early...I thought 7:30 was bad! Glad you had a good morning!!

Jess - we finally got snow too! I am happy as well (so are the farmers!!) I hope we get more...!

Angie - hope you are feeling better soon!! And find a meeting thats open

Sleepyangel - hello! WElcome to the thread....are you on WW? I find that water does help control the appetite, only because when I am thirsty I want to eat instead of drink - so this way I keep hydrated and when I am hungry its real hunger, not just me being thirsty. For motivation, why not go to the WW site - they ahve a "new me for 2003" thing going on with some advice on how to stay motivated! As for support, you have come to the right spot!

Well, must get butt back to work - hi to Jen, Lori and KT!!

BBL
Closed Thread