Old 07-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Talking Supportin' Thread for 14-Day Good Weight Management Behavior Streak

Havin' recently done a 21-Day streak of good weight management behavior (kind of a challenge where you declare a good habit or set of habits for healthy weight/fitness behavior and do it for 21 days), I am now doing the same thing for 14 days.

I am trying to lose 18 pounds, having lost more than 100 in the past and kept it off, 21 (strange number, keeps cropping up) refound me.

This is Day 2 of my 14 days and my target for the challenge is to eat less than 1900 calories daily, with the focus on coming in under that.

In my 21 day and now 14 day streaks I don't start over again if I mess it up. I call it good if I am working at it.

I tried posting this in the chicks up for a challenge section but it really isn't a challenge, just a fun streak thing to do. I do exercise streaks (am on day 122 or so of no day missed) and like doing my little countdowns.

I am on Day 2 and if anyone wants to join me in whatever 14 day streak they'd like to do, I would love the company.

This thread is just for extra support for anyone who might be doing a 14 day streak related to healthy weight and fitness. S'ok if no one wants to play lol! I'll be back tomorrow!

Day 1 was good at 1705 calories. Checkity check! Woot!

Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #2  
Happy Member

Hooray for self-challenges. May we all be successful.

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 07-19-2011 at 11:09 AM.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs up Huzzah!

Hey, there, woot! Thanks for the hooray, Friend JoJoJo2!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoJo2 View Post
Hooray for self-challenges. May we all be successful.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #4  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Amarantha - I'll join you. I've seen your streaks before, over the years, and thought they looked fun. Didn't you use to sail under another flag? Jana the Jungle Lass or something like that?

14 days without bread and butter (including the Monkey Nut variety), without jam and honey, and without muesli. Ha! That will show those wretched carbohydrates. Avast!

Wednesday 20 July will be Day One.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs up

Avast, Silverbirch! Welcome, that be a mighty challenge thou has set before thyself! Huzzah!

Yea, have been on here and all over the weight management and fitness internet universe for years under a lotta names, includin' Jana the Jungle Lass here!

I do have fun with my weight and fitness journey, this streak has been fun so far! Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Amarantha - I'll join you. I've seen your streaks before, over the years, and thought they looked fun. Didn't you use to sail under another flag? Jana the Jungle Lass or something like that?

14 days without bread and butter (including the Monkey Nut variety), without jam and honey, and without muesli. Ha! That will show those wretched carbohydrates. Avast!

Wednesday 20 July will be Day One.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-20-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Annnnd ...

I am on Day 3, with Day 2 havin' been 1890 cals, kind of higher than I wanted but within the parameters!

Woot!

On to DAY 4.

T'is a fine day in the Hinterland 'n Tess be away, avast, indeed!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #7  
in development

Oh, VG, Am! Within the parameters sounds good.

And so was I! Day One streaked past without a hiccup or a slip. Now in bed and Day Two will start tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #8  
Happy Member

Hi, Am & SB -

My self-challenge is to stick to my maintenance plan and focus on eating my gooder carbs. That is, eat my veggies like a good girl, and kick those nasty refined carbs to the curb.

So far it is working.

This maintenance business isn't easy, actually it is harder for me than the original dieting was.

But we just keep smiling.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs up

Woot! Congratulations, Silverbirch!

Onward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Oh, VG, Am! Within the parameters sounds good.

And so was I! Day One streaked past without a hiccup or a slip. Now in bed and Day Two will start tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs up

Woot also to thee, Happy Member JoJoJo2!

That be a great challenge.

Yea, maintenance is harder than the original dieting, I also think.

Yea are doin' great, JoJo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoJo2 View Post
Hi, Am & SB -

My self-challenge is to stick to my maintenance plan and focus on eating my gooder carbs. That is, eat my veggies like a good girl, and kick those nasty refined carbs to the curb.

So far it is working.

This maintenance business isn't easy, actually it is harder for me than the original dieting was.

But we just keep smiling.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

T'is a wee bit early in the Hinterland but Tess had a sort of up and down day and finished the eating day in the 1600s, although MAY add two sf popsicles to put her still in the 1600s, not planning on eating any more, just want a quiet and restful reading evening.

Thus it be checkity check for me on Day 3!

On to Day 4!

Woot again!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #12  
Empress/Queen

Woot! I am takin' a break from a long walk I started in the neighborhood today and shamelessly cross postin' my feelin's in a few internet diet/fitness places I frequent as I move on with Day 4, was verra negative yesterday and upset about weird things but the 14 day challenge helped me focus on what I really want, which, kind of redundant to say it, is right now just to get my physical self where I want her to be, so she can concentrate on the rest o' the stuff lol.

Here is my manifesto for the day, which is going to be a long one as working tonight!

Kind of a manifesto for Day 4 that I'm a'postin' everywhere before going back out to finish a long walk I am doing today ...

Day 4 STILL lol! "What a difference a day makes, we here in STWNTH (Still the Witch, Not the Hag) Land, we are movin' forward with the fitness 'n health initiative and all other positive initiatives, negativities not even on the map! Water Under the Bridge, don't come callin' at my door, 'cause I got nuthin' fer ye anymore! Walkin' it out this mornin'!" ~ STWNTH
Old 07-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #13  
Happy Member

Hi, Tess - Hope you have a positive day!

Silverbirch - Hope your day goes well, too!

I'm feeling super-positive about my day. I've started off with a tasty breakfast, and plan for the rest of the day to be a super-duper gala event! Woot!!

May all our problems be little, tiny ones!

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 07-21-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #14  
in development

Hello, Jojojo! This is the time of year when veg really come into their own. Make sure you invite them to your gala event!

Tess - hope the Hinterland is looking promising today! And that your walk was glorious.

Day Two is drawing to a close. I stuck to the letter of my challenge - credit - but one or two slightly dubious decisions were made. Overall, I pass. And, of course, live to fight another day. I've thought of you both today and drawn strength from knowing you're on a parallel quest, somewhere westward.

Friday will be Day Three. How time is passing.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 AM   #15  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Please can I join in? (Silverbirch, thanks for the heads up)

In my 14 day streak, starting NOW,

I won't eat between meals
I will walk every day.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote