South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Chat, Tuesday-July 19

Good Morning

Yesterday was fun and I spent all afternoon at the new "job". Food was OP. Yay! I even rode my bike home despite DH really thinking he should be "gentlemanly" and come pick me up. Today is still in limbo as my mom hasn't heard about her appt. and our friend's wife ended up in ER yesterday morning.(don't think he'll travel with us now) She is quite overweight and before he knew where she was he thought maybe she was at her "herbalife" appt....reminding me that weightloss is not easy and that taking the healthy route with food and exercise is the only way for me to do it.

What is going on with you all today? I hope you're faring well with the intense heat which is supposed to be gripping the country. At 5500 ft. above sea level it gets pretty warm but never sizzles.

Take care everyone!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

You're our early bird Debbie. I'm sorry about your friend's wife, I hope it's nothing serious. Excellent about your new job! Sounds like fun. I always like to try something new and find it rewarding.

Today at work we have our office retreat which should be interesting, and means going out to lunch but I'm sure there will be sbd friendly choices at the restaurant - there usually are. I'm feeling better about my mom *whew* Sunday night and yesterday morning were a doozy in terms of feeling helpless and depressed about her situation, but I'm feeling more centered now. She has an appointment with a new neuro on Friday so we'll see how that goes.

Other than that - I forgot I'm off on Friday, so I don't have to rush through the evenings this week to get ready to go away this weekend. I can do it all then. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Matilda! Yes, I seem to be back on my early schedule...oh well. Glad to hear you're feeling more centered about your mom. Enjoy the office "retreat" today.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Debbie, I hope your friend's wife is OK, and I'm glad your first day at the job went well. It's sizzling here, want to come visit?

Matilda, I'm glad you are feeling so much better about your mother this morning. Hopefully, her appointment with the neurologist will be just what she needs.

My plans for the week all had to be canceled since Cindy forgot to tell me she'd signed the girls up for Pony Camp this week. No matter, though, since both girls love this camp, and we can reschedule our outtings for next week. And with the girls at camp all day, it gives me time to catch up on some chores before I have to pick them up.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:29 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Linda! Nothing like a last minute change in plan! Yay for flexibility! I think I'll come visit in the fall to see the beautiful leaves...but thanks for the kind offer (she cool-ly says)
Old 07-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my second long day and I've already been working (some editing, my boss likes me to edit her stuff. Guess other people make her feel stupid when they edit). I'm on the road through the mountains again, not a terrible way to spend my day I didn't swim yesterday but will bring my suit again today in case the opportunity presents. There are definitely more places to swim in this area.

Next week I'm just off to my parents for the week. Not terribly exciting, but not work. I'm also getting together with a friend I've known since I was 10 but haven't seen in 22 years. I can't wait to see her in RL! We chat on facebook but haven't been in the same state for a very long time.

I'm skipping personals today so I can make my maps, get breakfast and all the usual stuff. Hope your day is sunny and there's a cool breeze somewhere (mine is from my car AC!)

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-19-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:42 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

I was just thinking - I haven't seen Heidi around in a while. Anyone heard from her, or know that she is ok?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Heidi seems ok...see her on FB...taking a break, maybe??

Cyndi

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-19-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I could have sworn I posted in here but it must be a mirage.

Sorry about your friend's wife, Debbie. That does change your travel plans a bit though.

Matilda, glad you have Friday off and can ease into the weekend. I think Heidi has moved to the Atkins board. Her last post was the 15th.

Cottage, is Cindy's house AC? I'm sure it is as I'd hate to think of "chores" otherwise. This heat is staying with us for the rest of the week.

No coffee for me this morning as I have an 8:30 appointment for fasting bloodwork. I'm hoping Nurse Dracula can hit the vein first try. I'm glugging water and am going to soak in a warm bath for a while. It's Good Food Box morning and then Disney goes to do pet therapy at the nursing home. It has AC since they remodeled. It'll be good to get home late this afternoon to my own house though. I'm planning some Ruth-therapy with my book out on the porch.

Have a good Tuesday.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all,

Commuting to work now and have a busy morning. Thought I'd pop in now to say hi! Sweating already...feels like it's already 90!!!

great NSV today: I am wearing a pair of capris I haven't fit into for 2 years! Even with my TOM bloat!!! And my shirt is entirely too big! Yay!

Have a great one y'all!!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #11  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hi ladies! It has been a while since I have been around, but I have decided to get serious and refocus on myself and my health. This plan and this group is what really helped me to succeed last time.
Looking forward to jumping back in! Hope there is room for my beach towel!
-Jenny
Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hey all!

I'm still busy playing nursemaid to my son. I had to wake him for meds today, after I called the doc to see if it was better to let him sleep. He is amazingly not swollen which my husband attributes to our diligent icing He wants to go see Harry Potter with friends today! But still in enough pain to want those pills. Poor guy.

Anyhoo, off to exercise then get my hair done.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #13  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! Its a lovely morning where I am, but its turning out to be a hot-Hot-HOT day!

Debbie - Glad to hear you are liking your new job! Sorry to hear about your friend's wife.

Matilda - Nice to hear that you're feeling better. There's no worse feeling than helplessness. Enjoy your lunch on the company!

Cottage - Hope you have a fun, productive week while the girls are at camp. Maybe squeeze some R&R in there too somewhere!

Cyndi - Sounds like you're on a fun adventure!

Ruth - Hope your nurse doesn't stab you too many times. It makes me smile that you planned self time.

Jenne - Yay for your capris and too-big shirt!

Jenny - Hello, nice to meet you, and welcome back.

Karen - Wishing your son a magical recovery. I personally believe in the healing powers of Harry Potter movies.

I read the daily thread, well, daily, but haven't been as good about posting this last week or so. I do want to say that I really enjoy reading it and you are all really inspiring. This group of gals overcomes lots of challenges and makes the effort to look on the bright side, all while managing weight loss or maintenance. It helps me know that I can do it too.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jenski, Welcome back! And I'm sure we can make room for your towel here on the beach.

I got off early, and came home to find a pool party in full swing. I'm sitting in here in the AC for a while for some 'me' time, and then I'll go join the crowd. That's the only problem when you have a pool and it's hot out - you never know what to expect.
Closed Thread