Old 07-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #1  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Default Just an observation....

I have been a member for a couple weeks that has included 2 weekends. I've noticed that the post trickle down on the weekend as people stray from their routines and then on Monday you get a ton of "weekend craving" post. I've come to the conclusion it is not cravings, it is lack of accountability.

Speaking for myself, I have a lot of extra time on my hands during the weekend and cravings sneak up on me -- especially if everyone else is doing it or no one is looking for my WI post :-)

Having said that, my observation has shown a pretty significant trend.
It may actually help a lot of people to log in on the weekends. A "I'm sticking it out through the weekend" thread may be warranted.

Have a great day and a great week....and an even better weekend :-)

LGW

Last edited by LGW; 07-18-2011 at 11:23 PM.
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think people's reasons for not posting on the weekends vary. Many are travelling or perhaps unable to log in as much (lots of people check from work)... so I don't know that that it's always because of a lack of accountability.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

Many people may post from work or home while their kids are at school. Not much alone time on the weekend!

Heather, you look incredible! Congrats!
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #4  
LGW
#justfortoday

For those people who tend to stray from their routines on the weekend, some extra support may help. A lot of people seem to do very well with the support throughout the week. Just a suggestion for those that may need the extra support. Again....just my observation....

Last edited by LGW; 07-19-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:07 AM   #5  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm always unstructured, on thecweekends I tend to do more loafing about around the computer. I have a harder time at night then during the day so I end up here late at night feel in lonely, lol.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #6  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I am online enough, but I post less on the weekends because no one replies cuz no one else is around. I know a lot of people post from work.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I know I have a hard time on weekends. It's larger social time with other people rather than just me and kid for breakfast and lunch and me, kid and DH for dinner. And I do login here. I figure it is just going to take me a while to sort it out -- keep trying different things until something sticks. I know it took me 5 Christmas times to sort out how NOT to gain after that!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I'm not sure if weekends present a problem for me. I tend to get the munchies at work around 2:00. On the weekend I sometimes have to remind myself it's time to eat because I get caught up in what I'm doing. Everyone is different (thank goodness for that!)

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #9  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGW View Post
An "I'm sticking it out through the weekend" thread may be warranted.
Myself and I few other ladies often challenge each other to get through our weekends OP because it is definitely a struggle. I still weigh in daily so I don't necessarily it's an accountability issue but maybe just a focus problem?? Who knows.

However, I think you've got a great idea about starting the weekend thread. GO FOR IT!!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/235/135

Height: 5'7"

I haven't actually been through a weekend here yet.

However, chaos usually ensues when our normal schedules go out the window. I think the idea of a specific thread for Weekend Warriors is a really cool idea! I would certainly be part of that !

~scribbling on sticky note for computer "plan 3FC time for coming weekend" ~

Great idea!
Skinny in Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #11  
LGW
#justfortoday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny in Oz View Post
~scribbling on sticky note for computer "plan 3FC time for coming weekend" ~

Great idea!

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/159

Height: 5' 6"

Sometimes I have nothing going on and love to poke around the forums on the weekends. Other times I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger and there's just no time. When I'm busy, I have found that it's a double whammy--I often make spur of the minute decisions on what to eat (might not be the best) plus I can't prep or plan for the upcoming week. This weekend I'm going to be out of town and am not going to have Internet access so I definitely won't be posting. Since I will not be at home, I am already anticipating having more food struggles this weekend. It is much harder (not impossible, but harder) to lose when I eat the majority of meals outside. But, I'm determined to do well this weekend--I want to follow all of you to the 250 thread!
ShoeCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote